PDA

View Full Version : Signings?

SSS
05/08/2004, 5:10 PM
N'dohs appearance as a sub last night reminded me that the transfer window is open again - any news on who Pat might be getting (Fahey and Foley from Pats were last ones I heard about)

Cas'Grande
05/08/2004, 7:26 PM
I have it on good authority that Kevin Hunt has all but signed up for City for next season. I'd say we should take Crowe too as we're up there collecting Hunt anyway.

Shelsman
06/08/2004, 12:26 PM
I have it on good authority that Kevin Hunt has all but signed up for City for next season. I'd say we should take Crowe too as we're up there collecting Hunt anyway.

Nah, I'd say Shels will sign both Hunt and Crowe ( and really p!ss City off by dominating the League for ever more! ).

In fact, Shels might nip down to Turner's Cross and sign some of the better players there to use as back up to the Shels team e.g. John O'Flynn, Danny Murphy, Dan Murray -they'd all be handy to have on the Shels Bench and I'm sure they'd sooner play in the Champions League qualifiers every season rather than the Intertoto Cup. :D :eek: :p :D

GavinZac
06/08/2004, 12:28 PM
you'll either be waiting a while or handing us that 1,000,000 for those 3

wws
06/08/2004, 12:29 PM
Cork arent really a buying club, the best players in this league are all dubs or dub based

uve got to target more washed up english pros like fenn or just hope another hometown lad fails to make the grade in the english lower leagues

LFC in Exile
06/08/2004, 12:31 PM

Pick Crowe up too? You'd want a big van if Pat is going along too. :)

GavinZac
06/08/2004, 12:31 PM
annoying but he's right, when have we signed anybody from a dublin club?

Peadar
06/08/2004, 12:38 PM
uve got to target more washed up english pros like fenn or just hope another hometown lad fails to make the grade in the english lower leagues

How's Liam George getting on for you there dubbya dubbya esssss?
He's a good hometown lad and well worth effort bringing him back!

Bought any good players recently?
Or sold any to Bohs, Shels and Drogheda by any chance?
Losers!

wws
06/08/2004, 12:44 PM
Bought any good players recently?
Or sold any to Bohs, Shels and Drogheda by any chance?
Losers!

Yes:
Knight and Bell - both recent signings!

sold any to Bohs: NOPE....

SOLD ANY TO SHELS.....Joe Ndo for a small fee - eamonn collins is his agent so wherever he went joe went

sold any to Drogs.....nope - Tony Bird was a free transfer as we dont want him anymore - funny that - seen as hes stopped scoring goals and all!

there'll only be one big loser after tonight and thats the overhyped colourdey boot wearin big time charlies from the Munster League

we'll hammer you

want updates of all our goals? :D

wws
06/08/2004, 12:46 PM
sorry forgot to add that list is incomplete

we even signed another player the other day

young quinn from Bray!

tiktok
06/08/2004, 12:52 PM
we even signed another player the other day

this honestly isn't meant as a dig, but how in the hell are you signing players when you're as broke as you claim? are you giving it 'the poor mouth', or are you just wage capping?

Peadar
06/08/2004, 12:54 PM
Knight and Bell

Sounds like a dodgy accountant firm.
Both quality signings I'm sure :D
Regardless of what happens tonight, Roddy Collins is going to ensure that you finish below his side. You're shít and you know you are!
All's left for you now is to recall the glory days like Rovers do.
oh I remember when we used to have crowds and could win games. used to have a quality manager, 'cept he left for a big club down on Leeside.

wws
06/08/2004, 1:42 PM
ha ha

even you dont buy the quality manager bit Peadar!

watch him crash and burn - next up on the Dolan 5 year plan- blame the fans when things dont go your way

"The rebel army must be patient...blh bblah blah blah....we're not there yet but remember Nantes....that was great....look at my record!"

pete
06/08/2004, 1:57 PM
CCFC have pursued good policy of getting talented young & u-21 players into the club hungry for success which probably means they cheaper to employee too.

Sure Pats are now promoting their u-21 kids who lost to CCFC in the u-21 league last year. City can't even find place on the bench for their 2 time u-21 league winners. ;)

Colm
07/08/2004, 2:58 AM
we'll hammer you

What was that wws??

thecorner
07/08/2004, 7:05 AM
there'll only be one big loser after tonight and thats the overhyped colourdey boot wearin big time charlies from the Munster League

looking forward to you coming online to explain this one

:D :D :D

thecorner
07/08/2004, 7:06 AM
when have we signed anybody from a dublin club?

kevin doyle who we robbed off SPA for free

GavinZac
07/08/2004, 9:46 AM
ok one and he was a free, going along with his favourite manager.
like ryan casey :D

but we dont generally buy players, ever. only 'purchases' i can remember were Pat Morely and Mark Herrick

wws
07/08/2004, 1:41 PM
yeah well done, you overwhelmed us, im genuinely suprised that you could put a performence together after the euro comedown and the spankings at UCD and Drogs, so fair fux, the colourdey boot boys have grown a set of balls since I last saw them. Sickening to see but you're still a bit off Shels and drogs

and lads relax, what i post on the internet is just harmless windey up banter, especially before a game - but I was one of the fans outsuide the ground after applauding your fans as your bus pulled out, I'm a gracious loser :D

ps thanks for the txts peadar! ;)

Pablo
07/08/2004, 2:44 PM
we'll see how far off Shels we are on Saturday. i genuinely belive we'll beat them. and when we do....................try stopping us

ger121
07/08/2004, 3:23 PM
O’Halloran seeks Cork transfer

just saw this on eleven a side

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/

you have a very big squad right? Don't know how you're gonna keep all those players happy.

thecorner
08/08/2004, 1:23 AM
O’Halloran seeks Cork transfer

old news....get with the times

ccfcman
10/08/2004, 8:17 AM
wouldnt mind signing paisely or brian cash

Fair_play_boy
12/08/2004, 5:49 PM
when have we signed anybody from a dublin club?
Liam Kearney came to City after Bohs turned him down after a week's trial. They never saw his potential. Saps. Reminds me of that oil exploration company in the 1950s who declared there was no oil to be found under the sands of Saudi Arabia!

GavinZac
12/08/2004, 7:02 PM
or the IBM fella that said there's no real market for computers in the home