PDA

View Full Version : Fine for Flares in Tolka

pete
05/08/2004, 2:10 PM
Will Shel$ get a fine for the flare(s) let off last night?

Are they not banned by UEFA or is that just an eL ban?

:confused:

wws
05/08/2004, 2:19 PM
would u cop on for fecks sake

EVERY major game in europe has flares and smokes - its like "foul throws" - yes they'res a regulation against them but you never see it given anymore :)

I almost get the idea that some of you cork fans would prefer fines given out rather than a bit of atmosphere!

"rebel county" my arse

SÓC
05/08/2004, 2:43 PM

EVERY major game in europe has flares and smokes - its like "foul throws" - yes they'res a regulation against them but you never see it given anymore :)

or......a €5000 fine means feic all to Lazio so they dont bother trying to stop it where as an Eircom League side will be hurt by €5k

Bald Student
05/08/2004, 2:45 PM
If my memory serves me right, an eircom League club (I think it was Pat's) was fined 20,000 old pounds a few years ago.

ger121
05/08/2004, 2:56 PM
If my memory serves me right, an eircom League club (I think it was Pat's) was fined 20,000 old pounds a few years ago.

Are you sure that wasn't for playing with a bit of flare.

I'll get my coat.

pete
05/08/2004, 2:58 PM
While i'm on the topic did $hels keep the kids off the pitch last night?

I'd prefer there no bans/fines for flares but would also like enforcement for rules on everyone or no one.

wws
05/08/2004, 2:59 PM
LOL

BELIEVE ME IF PATS were fined 20,000 old pounds we would have went under years ago

NO ONE has been fined for this

grow up

the hadjuk fans threw their flares on the pitch v shels - fines only occur if you chuck them at opposing fans - otherwise holding a flare barely gets a mention - i really dont believe u guys

SÓC
05/08/2004, 3:28 PM
Well there is a thread on the junkies board saying that they got fined 6k for the smoke in the first round. Then again most of what is posted there is bitter obsessive non-sense anyway

wws
05/08/2004, 3:36 PM
:rolleyes:

do you apply any critical standards to stuff you read

"a bloke on the junkies board" said it, must be true :rolleyes:

SÓC
05/08/2004, 3:39 PM
Then again most of what is posted there is bitter obsessive non-sense anyway

:rolleyes:

do you apply any critical standards to stuff you read

"a bloke on the junkies board" said it, must be true :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: ...now where is the junkie shooting himself in the foot smilie

wws
05/08/2004, 3:44 PM
ure the **** who gave it credance

why mention it if you thought it was ********?? :rolleyes:

tiktok
05/08/2004, 4:34 PM

Surprisingly enough, they did.

Éanna
05/08/2004, 6:09 PM

I'd prefer there no bans/fines for flares but would also like enforcement for rules on everyone or no one.
couldn't have said it better myself

thecorner
05/08/2004, 6:19 PM
shels should be fined for the flairs and i hope they do

we got fined cos a kid(who didnt know any better) came onto the pitch to celebrate kevin doyles goal againsy nantes at the cross

Enda M
05/08/2004, 6:21 PM
in that case im sure a 5k would not bother shels considering they will get like 1 million.we are all goosed from now on shels are take over this league. :eek:

Cas'Grande
05/08/2004, 6:55 PM
I almost get the idea that some of you cork fans would prefer fines given out rather than a bit of atmosphere!

The reason is that City fans get major grief over using flares and even smoke. Threatened with life bans from the Cross and always the mention that the club is getting fined this that and the other. Personally I'm starting to thing there is no such thing as a fine for using flares or smoke. we're just being told there are fines so that we will stop using them.

tippman
05/08/2004, 9:21 PM
Surprisingly enough, they did.
cork cant say much

tiktok
06/08/2004, 8:45 AM
cork cant say much

Of course we can. :rolleyes:

City never have kids running onto the pitch at the end of games, when the league asked the teams to clamp down on this, City did. It's a problem Shels have had and the fans will rell you as much themselves.

wws
06/08/2004, 9:38 AM
The reason is that City fans get major grief over using flares and even smoke. Threatened with life bans from the Cross and always the mention that the club is getting fined this that and the other. Personally I'm starting to thing there is no such thing as a fine for using flares or smoke. we're just being told there are fines so that we will stop using them.

You catch on fast!

Macy
06/08/2004, 9:47 AM
There's no way the League are fining clubs - christ they use pictures of flares in every promotional pic of fans they produce (which obviously isn't that many).

I've banned flares from Section O, because they're just bad luck. Roman Candles are the future.

Anyone want to buy two top quality marine flares? :D

wws
06/08/2004, 10:07 AM
I suppose I should say that yes people HAVE been thrown out of pats matches for lighting flares, and in one case arrested by the gards but by and large its MORE dangerous to apprhend someone with a flare than to just let them stand free in safety - turners cross doesnt really have safe areas and you would have bigger crowds than us so I guess it would be dangerous in say a packed shed end for you and its a deffo no no for a full stand

horses for courses I suppose

derm
06/08/2004, 10:49 AM

UEFA have sent out videos to all associations warning about the dangers of flares and smokebombs, see
here (http://www.uefa.com/magazine/news/Kind=128/newsId=15478.html)

Also they fined FK Crvena Zvezda €77,500 in October for flares being thrown onto the pitch, a supporter running onto the pitch and racist chanting. Admittedly the racist chanting probably upped the fine but the other two are very possible in eL European games.

"rebel county" my arse

Having just been in Europe we know the regulations and work around them to create atmosphere ;)

Shels may well be fined if the flares were mentioned in the official's report, but if they are it will be most likely a slap-on-the-wrist amount as it was a good natured crowd.

It all depends on how serious the ref sees it, Uefa are known to fine clubs if it's been drawn to their attention. I dunno how often (if ever) the league fines clubs tho'.