PDA

View Full Version : Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Thunderblaster
11/03/2005, 7:25 PM
Did Anyone See The Pike V Westport Match ? Are They As Good As Their Results Suggest ?
Do Carew Have A Fair Chance Of Beating Them And Progressing To The Final For What Would Be An Unbelievable Achievement !

Carew have a great chance of beating them. The work ethic from the side will stand to them dearly. The Killester game was the only time I saw Westport play and going by that display, you are in with a great chance of beating them. They look a pretty average team that defend well but the supporters are seriously fanatical. :ball:

Thunderblaster
11/03/2005, 7:26 PM
Galway Hibs for the cup..
They have gone about their business very professionaly and have got better with every game.
They fear no one but themselves.. by that the only way they will be beaten is if they do it to themselves..

Best of luck but the cup is going Shannonside again!

Thunderblaster
11/03/2005, 7:39 PM
i would have thought westport were average enough, castlerea celtic beat htem last year in the connaucht cup. but fair play to them! hope they go the whole way.

Incorrect! OLBC of Galway beat them in the Connacht Cup last year. Castlerea Celtic beat Castlebar Celtic. Would you like to go 50/50, phone a friend or ask the audience?

Thunderblaster
11/03/2005, 8:42 PM
they are so average its shocking

Cup shocks are always shocking. Same as a bolt of lightning.

Thunderblaster
11/03/2005, 8:52 PM
but beware the tribe they bring with them, they are like a load of extras from a braveheart sequeal.

I didn't know that Westport United were a Scottish football team? William Wallace must be the team captain.

Closed Account
12/03/2005, 4:07 AM
People are basing their opinion of Westport on what they have seen of them in the Killester game. Apparently Killester didn't play their best in that game but Westport won. Well it was meant to be Westport's worst performance of the competition and their management was furious with them at half time and full time despite the win. I wouldn't base any opinion on that performance. They've had a long season, almost 2 years of constant competition now. They are a lot better than people are giving them credit. Beware.

riverside
12/03/2005, 8:30 AM
Listen Riverside,

I Take It From Your Post You Are A Park Supporter !
If You Are Let Galway Hibs Do Their Own Talking And Row Behind The Only Limerick Team Left In It !
Dont get me wrong , i hope that Carew win the F.A.I.i am just pointing out the fact that Hibs are a capable side and will pose a threat. Carew v Galway hibs would be a decent final, played in Digiphone Park in Ennis

Mark_no9
14/03/2005, 7:31 AM
My money is on the Hoops. Pike will take a lot of beaten. Was at the game when they beat Fairview and as their supporters were screaming at anyone who would listen. "The cream always comes to the top", So put your house on Pike to win the FAI this year.... :p

Pauliwallnuts
14/03/2005, 7:52 AM
My money is on the Hoops. Pike will take a lot of beaten. Was at the game when they beat Fairview and as their supporters were screaming at anyone who would listen. "The cream always comes to the top", So put your house on Pike to win the FAI this year.... :p

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but Pike were knocked out quite convincingly in the last round by Westport. 3-0 ;)

clownboy
14/03/2005, 8:23 AM

Where Have You Been??

The Gaffer
14/03/2005, 8:35 AM
Jaysis who woke your man up!!!

Pauliwallnuts
14/03/2005, 9:22 AM
I'm almost embarrassed for him :D :D

widow
14/03/2005, 9:28 AM
your almost what?

Mark_no9
14/03/2005, 9:29 AM
Are they really out ???. Listening to them gloating that day I tought that the cup was already in the clubhouse .....Football is a funny old game :confused:

Mark_no9
14/03/2005, 9:31 AM
I'm embarresed for anyone who replied to my original post... ;)

widow
14/03/2005, 9:32 AM
they had just beaten a team who hadn't lost for three years in that competition and who are also historically their biggest rivals, i think you can forgive them for being delighted, your an idiot

Mark_no9
14/03/2005, 9:35 AM
they had just beaten a team who hadn't lost for three years in that competition and who are also historically their biggest rivals, i think you can forgive them for being delighted, your an idiot
You must have replied aswell...you calling me an idiot :rolleyes:

widow
14/03/2005, 9:40 AM
what :confused:

turbotimmy
14/03/2005, 9:58 AM
How can anyone underestimate Westport utd, without doubt they've had the hardest route to the semi's beating everyone convincing with the exception of killister, in which case Westport had an off day but yet still won.Is that not a sign of a great team, beating dublin champions and playing badly?

Mark_no9
14/03/2005, 10:05 AM
How can anyone underestimate Westport utd, without doubt they've had the hardest route to the semi's beating everyone convincing with the exception of killister, in which case Westport had an off day but yet still won.Is that not a sign of a great team, beating dublin champions and playing badly?
Have to say , Carew Park will also take beaten, Nothing spectalur but work hard and you must remember they have nothing to lose as nothing is expected of them,.
Carew to beat Galway hibs in the final...

turbotimmy
14/03/2005, 10:19 AM
Westport have nothin to fear either,thing about westport utd is the team have been playing together since they where kids the average age of the team is around 23 i hear, looks like there goina be around for a while..wots this i hear about Carew signing 5 new players this season is der any truth to this?

lookout
14/03/2005, 10:22 PM
Westport have nothin to fear either,thing about westport utd is the team have been playing together since they where kids the average age of the team is around 23 i hear, looks like there goina be around for a while..wots this i hear about Carew signing 5 new players this season is der any truth to this?

o, not again, i'm sure lfc will love to tell who they are

Thunderblaster
14/03/2005, 11:09 PM

You obviously meant the FAI Junior Cup in 2105. No wonder everyone is taking the **** out of you. I suppose that Bolton Wanderers are going to win the FA Cup.

Thunderblaster
14/03/2005, 11:12 PM
Westport have nothin to fear

I don't think anyone will be afraid at this stage. It is all on the day. You just get one crack and take it with open arms.

Thunderblaster
14/03/2005, 11:43 PM
My teams for the Semi finals
Galway Hibs
Balla
Park
Killester.
With a Balla V Killester Final if they avoid each other in the draw.

If your Pike Rovers prediction was bad, this really takes the biscuit.

Thunderblaster
15/03/2005, 8:05 AM
They've had a long season, almost 2 years of constant competition now.

Actually, three years.

summervilleman
15/03/2005, 8:21 AM
It will be the winners of carew park and westport to win the fai if u ask me ...Both teams doing very well and have a had a good few scalps along the way..Still think carew have the more experiance....A lot of young players with westport but i could be wrong"!!!

Mark_no9
15/03/2005, 9:04 AM
If your Pike Rovers prediction was bad, this really takes the biscuit.
1 OUT OF 4 ISN'T BAD :D

Mark_no9
15/03/2005, 9:15 AM
I think that Killester United will edge past Ballynanty Rovers in a closely contested final. Both are good teams and Killester have got this far pretty quietly. The least hyped favourites usually succeed.
I'm the Mad one :cool: :p !!!

Mark_no9
15/03/2005, 9:29 AM
Ballynanty Rovers, Galway Hibs, Killester United and Waterford Crystal would be my last four.
2 out of 4 for the bold TB... With Waterford Crystal being his lucky qualifier(Should have been hammered by Park)..we aren't a million miles away from each other TB , me old buddy.
You also had Balla V Killester Final... :rolleyes:
As for the Pike thing, That was me supposedly being sarcastic , But then again maybe we aren't too alike ;)

willy mcspud
15/03/2005, 4:00 PM
I hope westport get hammered joe denilson obviously a westport man, you lot like to talk it up lot of young lads on yer team they will be bullied down in limerick,think you can handle it? :ball:

turbotimmy
15/03/2005, 6:41 PM
winner alright winner alright westport utd junior cup 2005..........

Thunderblaster
15/03/2005, 10:16 PM
winner alright winner alright westport utd junior cup 2005..........

Leeds United said the same thing before the FA Cup final in 1973 against Sunderland. We all know what happened; Malcolm Allison got the winner for Sunderland in that final. You are getting a little carried away with yourself.

Thunderblaster
15/03/2005, 10:21 PM
As for the Pike thing, That was me supposedly being sarcastic , But then again maybe we aren't too alike ;)

What is your predictions for the semi finals then, without Pike Rovers of course? My predictions did not include teams previously knocked out, old buddy. :D :rolleyes:

Thunderblaster
15/03/2005, 10:30 PM
we aren't a million miles away from each other TB , me old buddy.

Good point mate. Neither of us are living on the moon. :D :rolleyes:

Mark_no9
16/03/2005, 7:16 AM
What is your predictions for the semi finals then, without Pike Rovers of course? My predictions did not include teams previously knocked out, old buddy. :D :rolleyes:
Carew Park to beat Westport
Galway hibs to beat Waterford Crystal
So if you have any sense run (don't walk) to Ladbrokes and back Westport & Waterford.
But seriously I think Carew will be too strong (Physical) for a light weight Wesport & I just don't rate Waterford Crystal,I saw them against Granville in a few rounds previous and didn't rate them at all , don't know much about Galway hibs but must be better the WC... :ball:

The Gaffer
16/03/2005, 7:18 AM
I hear that Waterford Crystal asked Galway Hibs for a change of kick off time as they have a four hour bus trip, Hibs would not accomodate them! Fair play to ya Hibs your such a nice bunch of fella's! (not)

Terry
16/03/2005, 7:29 AM
I hear that Waterford Crystal asked Galway Hibs for a change of kick off time as they have a four hour bus trip, Hibs would not accomodate them! Fair play to ya Hibs your such a nice bunch of fella's! (not)

If they had any sense they would be coming up the night before! :rolleyes:

Whats the odds for an all connaught final??

Mark_no9
16/03/2005, 7:40 AM

Have to agree with you Terry,If you are serious about winning this you have to take a professional approach.They have to travel the night before.Fail to prepare then prepare to fail ,and all that Roy Keane stuff.
Personally I think if they came up a week before it will do them no good. :D

The Gaffer
16/03/2005, 8:08 AM

They are travelling the night before, they requested an earlier Kick Off maybe 12.00-1.00 so they can get home at a respectable time

turbotimmy
16/03/2005, 9:35 AM
what you on about seven more games away from europe!!!!!!come on the covies....

Mark_no9
16/03/2005, 10:10 AM
I hear that Waterford Crystal asked Galway Hibs for a change of kick off time as they have a four hour bus trip, Hibs would not accomodate them! Fair play to ya Hibs your such a nice bunch of fella's! (not)To be fair,it's their right ,It may not suit them...

Thunderblaster
16/03/2005, 3:47 PM

Not everybody agrees with the Semi Finals being played on Easter Sunday, so Waterford Crystal would have a good case along with a horrendous journey. The worst case scenario would have being travelling to Mayo.

Thunderblaster
16/03/2005, 3:49 PM
i heard carew asked for a 10.30am kick off in the hope westport might be late !

Will the supporters be served with a full Irish breakfast at the game?

Thunderblaster
17/03/2005, 10:18 AM
what you on about seven more games away from europe!!!!!!come on the covies....

No offence to you Turbotimmy but I think you are dreaming. Even Fairview Rangers doesn't carry these lofty short term ambitions.

Thunderblaster
18/03/2005, 8:54 PM
What is the build up like in Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Westport for the semi finals? Is there much hype with the supporters? Did anyone paint their areas in the club colours yet?

Closed Account
19/03/2005, 12:32 AM
Not everybody agrees with the Semi Finals being played on Easter Sunday, so Waterford Crystal would have a good case along with a horrendous journey. The worst case scenario would have being travelling to Mayo.

To hell or to Connacht wha??

Mayo isn't that scary a place!

County Mayo in Ireland was once one of the most beautiful counties in Ireland. Recent revelations in the Mayo, Irish and International press of the widespread contamination of domestic drinking water in County Mayo and the once beautiful rivers and lakes of the county, has sent Mayo County Council into one of Ireland's most scandalous exercises in denial and cover-up, supported by Ireland's environmentally blighted central government.

Propaganda.... All of it. Those Galwegians are just jealous.

Thunderblaster
19/03/2005, 12:49 AM
To hell or to Connacht wha??

Mayo isn't that scary a place!

County Mayo in Ireland was once one of the most beautiful counties in Ireland. Recent revelations in the Mayo, Irish and International press of the widespread contamination of domestic drinking water in County Mayo and the once beautiful rivers and lakes of the county, has sent Mayo County Council into one of Ireland's most scandalous exercises in denial and cover-up, supported by Ireland's environmentally blighted central government.

Propaganda.... All of it. Those Galwegians are just jealous.

You really missed the point. The point was the distance to travel, nothing to do with contaminated water or the county being scary looking. The only contaminated water in Mayo is the rain because it never stops. Mayo has some of the most horrible weather in Ireland. Summers rarely exist in the county.

Thunderblaster
19/03/2005, 10:09 AM

One in four chance.

Thunderblaster
19/03/2005, 10:22 AM
Galway Hibs are home to Abbey Utd of Sligo in the Connacht Cup quarter final and Westport United travel to Gurteen Celtic in the last 16 of the Connacht Cup tomorrow. Does Carew Park or Waterford Crystal have any matches tomorrow?