PDA

View Full Version : The WORST referee ever

Daxion
29/11/2001, 1:53 PM
This honour has to go to (and I don't bear any grudges, YES I DO) John Carpenter for his bias and bigoted refereeing in the 1978 FAI Cup Final. We was robbed by that cheat when he gave Lennox that penalty for diving, the barsteward would have got a 9.5 in the Diving competitions of the 1980 Moscow Olympics. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gerry Desmond
29/11/2001, 1:58 PM
Originally posted by DAXION
This honour has to go to (and I don't bear any grudges, YES I DO) John Carpenter for his bias and bigoted refereeing in the 1978 FAI Cup Final. We was robbed by that cheat when he gave Lennox that penalty for diving, the barsteward would have got a 9.5 in the Diving competitions of the 1980 Moscow Olympics. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I assume you mean the WORST referee ever?

That's going back a bit, the 78 final. I know John Carpenter had few admirers here on Leeside either...
BTW, he actually refereed one leg of a Fairs Cup (UEFA Cup) final in the early 70s, so he can't have been entirely incompetent.
Lennox, I think, was Stevie Lynex. Shams fans might correct me there...

Gerry

Daxion
29/11/2001, 2:09 PM
Yes, I did edit it to read the Worst,
You are probably right about the spelling of Lynex

Gerry Desmond
29/11/2001, 2:38 PM
Yes, I did edit it to read the Worst,
You are probably right about the spelling of Lynex

Forgot to agree with you about that dive: Greg Louganis based his style on that, I think!

Gerry

Gerry Desmond
29/11/2001, 2:41 PM
Wasn't there something about too much added time also? 7 mins or something like that in the first half, during which time Ray Treacy scored the infamous winning peno...

Any Shamrock Rovers fans out there have memories of that game?

Gerry

Daxion
29/11/2001, 3:00 PM
I wasn't at the game, I vaguely remember it,
And Ray Tracey is robbing people. :D

Gerry Desmond
29/11/2001, 4:37 PM
I wasn't at the game, I vaguely remember it,
And Ray Tracey is robbing people. :D

You might wanna contact your legal team soon...

Gerry :D