PDA

View Full Version : giant irish flag

max power
05/08/2004, 9:26 AM
just got a giant irish flag for behind the goals, what should be write on it ????

max power
05/08/2004, 9:37 AM
cheers, would that be north or south kerry ;)

the 12 th man
05/08/2004, 9:43 AM
place called prospect design in dublin make them (flags)
tel freefone 1800612266/ or 4753452

max power
05/08/2004, 9:45 AM
na we have the flag, just want to know what people want written on it, its 20 foot by 15 foot....

eoinh
Write on it

"We're sorry for disgracing the LOI in Europe".

ccfcman
dont write on the national flag

Maz
05/08/2004, 9:46 AM
god, are you stil not over it!

max power
05/08/2004, 9:48 AM
cheers eoimh will do........

or i could write, "as bad as we are limerick didn't beat us " :D

ccfc.....tell that to the other 5000000000000000, flags you see, its our flag....the problem i have is when fans of another club in another country do it......wonder who :confused:

sorbothegreek
05/08/2004, 9:55 AM
Not sure how the right way to do this is, but here's a quote from your good self Max.

"people insult our flag every weekend by writing stuff on it, its not on and guinness got in trouble for it during the 2002 world cup.....

so maybe we should look closer to home" :D

max power
05/08/2004, 10:30 AM
yeah i know but there have also been whinging about lack of colour in the flansiro so if ya can't beat them join them, simple as that sorbo :D

De Town
05/08/2004, 12:07 PM
Somthing like:

"LONGFORD TOWN FC"
"PRIDE OF IRELAND" ;)

liam88
05/08/2004, 12:19 PM
How much is the 20x15 flag?
Maself I wouldn't write on the Tri whatever match I was at though might still buy one with something printed on it-I know it sounds hypocritical but I wouldn't do it myself :rolleyes:
Talking of certain teams ( ;) ) when we saw Luton play Fulham none of the flags seemed to have writing on them at all-including tris, Stary Plough and that famous Indian flag...... :D

So what's worst then lads-writing on the flag, letting the Green and ORange touch or having a Green White and Gold flag :D

max power
05/08/2004, 12:56 PM
the flag costed, wait for it €50 !!!!!

max power
05/08/2004, 3:50 PM
ha ha nice one davros

tiktok
05/08/2004, 4:41 PM
why not put onefinlongford on it.
Always liked that name :D

or draw an actual size picture of Digger ;)

liam88
05/08/2004, 4:59 PM
Correct. He died for the Commonwealth... :p

Yawhat? Collins was a true Irish patrot-I know that's there's all the Republican vs Free State contoversy surrounding it but he fought in the War of Independance for Ireland, was in Dublin GPO and was murdered by the Brits.

tiktok
05/08/2004, 5:06 PM
...and was murdered by the Brits.

hmmm, maybe for another thread :D

So, Flags, aren't they great! ;)

eoinh
05/08/2004, 6:05 PM
god, are you stil not over it!

err, no, im not

eoinh
05/08/2004, 7:48 PM
nor was he in the GPO!

liam88
05/08/2004, 7:55 PM
nor was he in the GPO!
Aye he was-I read his biography/autobiography (it had his quotes/diary entries in) and it's all in there. He was in the GPO!

observer
06/08/2004, 8:35 AM
Remember when this was a football forum ? :confused:

Lux Interior
06/08/2004, 8:46 AM
place called prospect design in dublin make them (flags)
tel freefone 1800612266/ or 4753452

Hmmmmn, I'm after a giant, similarly sized Union Flag for the match, at a decent price.

Might give them a call :D

the 12 th man
06/08/2004, 9:12 AM
Hmmmmn, I'm after a giant, similarly sized Union Flag for the match, at a decent price.

Might give them a call :D

and why not ?.i'm sure they would be delighted with the business ;)

Macy
06/08/2004, 11:53 AM
Ummm, hate to point out the obvious, but he didn't ('give us our independence', not 'go to London'...). He himself knew that, he described it as a 'stepping stone' to independence. Let's not rewrite history on Foot.ie, Patrick!!

Interesting article in the Sunday Times lately about the essay Collins wrote as a teenager on the great achievements of the British Empire. I know he was applying for a job in the British Civil Service and accept we've all said and done things to get a job, but we don't end up negotiating the future of our country with those same employers later...ah, the irony....
The irony of Dev bottling out of going himself, sending someone else over to get the best deal they could, and then starting a Civil War over an Oath. Sure at least he was happy to wade through the blood of Irishmen, whilst not accepting their democratic decision.

Macy
06/08/2004, 12:34 PM
Is your argument 'Collins did crap, but Dev was crap too'?
No - Collins was a hero, Dev was a w@nker. That's my in depth analysis of the situation.

Macy
06/08/2004, 1:09 PM
Aha, mine is Collins was a w@nker, Dev was a politican...
Collins went to war with the Brits, Dev went to war with the Irish.

Macy
06/08/2004, 1:29 PM
That's just a soundbite. Collins died for the Commonwealth, the Free State, the side that used British guns on the Irish at the Four Courts. You may like to change that, but you can't.

de Valera didn't even go to war, think you'll find that O'Connor, Mellowes, Brugha et al. led the cause for the Republicans and they had little but contempt for de Valera.
He didn't have to stay with the side that ignored the will of the irish people (twice), and who then occupied the Four Courts.

Macy
06/08/2004, 1:40 PM
Is dissent not allowed? Are you a big fan of FF and the PDs because it's the will of the people that they govern? Do we ignore the North because it is the will of the people there to remain part of the United Kingdom?
We protest, beat them politically, not make speeches about wading through the blood of irishman, not occupy buildings using force etc against the will of of the majority.

Just because I hate the FF/PD Government, the irish people were thick enough to vote for them, and I ain't going to occupy the 4 Courts in an attempted Coup...

Ringo
06/08/2004, 2:22 PM
the flag costed, wait for it €50 !!!!!

hope you bought in Carrolls ;)

http://www.buy4now.ie/carrolls/productdetail.aspx?pid=22639&loc=P&catid=10.2

liam88
06/08/2004, 3:35 PM
Calm it lads ;)
Well we all know Irish history ain't black and white-one day we will see a 32 county united Erin and all those brave men including Collins will be to thank for it :)

I reckon if we see Mr. Plastic Paddy around here again soon he can put that Irish political history Ma. to a good use :D
Mabye his boss caught on a limited his use of the forum...........

liam88
06/08/2004, 3:43 PM
Fair play to you Liam. Have a lot of time for you as a member of this site. You have a great sense of humour and common sense to go with it. Wish everyone else, myself included, could be more like you.

Aw cheers mate-I love this site, meet so many class guys on here, yourself included :)
If your ever in London we'll have to meet up for a drink (though mine'll just be a Red Bull ;) ) and ya can meet all the foot.ie exiles :)
I'll see you good for a pint as well-though I already owed one to PP for about 6 months now :D

liam88
06/08/2004, 5:01 PM
:D :D :D

He's very good looking too, and suave...

What's that meant to mean Conor? Don't ya like me or summit?
Patrick say's what he thinks-where's the harm in that-he's a nice guy!
And now ya mention it I am darn good lookin' cheers ;)

liam88
06/08/2004, 5:16 PM
Naaaa, just thought Patrick was kissing your ass and decided to add to the flattery...

As far as I can see Patrick wasn't Pougin' ma Thoin-he doesn't need to, he was saying what he thought and fair play to him :)

If ya want to 'add to the flattery' as you say then fair enough but Mr. Eoinh already made his move......

well hi there Liam 88. wanta PM me? Im m/s/35!
:D

The only way you could have found out how good looking I was would have been by the exiles meet up pics but unfortunatley (for ya) I had to take them down because a couple of ma very reliable source's (ya know who you are) informed me that the UDA boys at Our Wee Minds were onto me :D :D

Aw well.....they'll be back soon and here's to the next one-hopefully Patrick will be able to join us :)

How about your good self coming along for a drink Conor?

eoinh
06/08/2004, 5:23 PM
Aye he was-I read his biography/autobiography (it had his quotes/diary entries in) and it's all in there. He was in the GPO!

I doubt if you read his autobiography. How the hell could he write about his assination?

liam88
06/08/2004, 5:46 PM
I doubt if you read his autobiography. How the hell could he write about his assination?

Sorry didn't make that clear enough. It is a biography but semi-autobiogrphical because a lot of it is made up of quotes a diary extracts (obviously not the bit's about his assasination/murder) :D