PDA

View Full Version : Donie Forde Trophy Final

beautiful game
23/03/2012, 9:38 AM
Douglas Hall v Rockmount

Fancy Douglas Hall to edge this one. Hopefully there will be a decent crowd at Turner's Cross and we get a good game.

The March issue of Back of the Net will be on sale tonight and you can read the full match report later tonight on www.backofthenetcork.ie (http://www.backofthenetcork.ie)

Chiefscout
23/03/2012, 9:23 PM
Hall 3 mount 0...score says it all

el nino coro
23/03/2012, 9:58 PM
Hall 3 mount 0...score says it all

Any report?

Chiefscout
23/03/2012, 10:36 PM
Any report?

All the hall from start to finish.should have been six.rerrible defending by young fella for mount for first.he was whipped after 50 mins and looked way out of his depth.took until the hall went two up for mounts "stars" to show some bit of fight but hall added a third and as I said could have been a lot more.hall having a good end of season,rockmount short of ideas and a shadow of themselves at the moment

Chiefscout
23/03/2012, 10:40 PM
All the hall from start to finish.should have been six.rerrible defending by young fella for mount for first.he was whipped after 50 mins and looked way out of his depth.took until the hall went two up for mounts "stars" to show some bit of fight but hall added a third and as I said could have been a lot more.hall having a good end of season,rockmount short of ideas and a shadow of themselves at the moment

Ps before you tell me go away glenbuck,let's actually get an honest report from you and tell us what's going wrong with your team

el nino coro
23/03/2012, 10:55 PM

Theyre doomed as a club,nothing coming through and wont be able to rob players from other clubs anymore when they are winning nothing,best player definately on the move again in the summer i heard,a lot of people laughing at that result around the league id imagine!

Chiefscout
23/03/2012, 11:06 PM

Theyre doomed as a club,nothing coming through and wont be able to rob players from other clubs anymore when they are winning nothing,best player definately on the move again in the summer i heard,a lot of people laughing at that result around the league id imagine!
I'd disagree there a bit coro.rockmount will always attract the good players but will have to compete now with 3 or 4 teams which makes it better for the league.can see big changes in their style of play this year which maybe a good thing for a spectator but from players that only know a long ball game it's just not suiting them.

beautiful game
23/03/2012, 11:24 PM
Very brief report on www.backofthenetcork.ie (http://www.backofthenetcork.ie)

Would have found it difficult to write a proper report as it was dreadful stuff and I'm in a hurry to get out for a few hours.

Douglas Hall were deserving winners but this was one to forget in a hurry.

el nino coro
23/03/2012, 11:38 PM
I'd disagree there a bit coro.rockmount will always attract the good players but will have to compete now with 3 or 4 teams which makes it better for the league.can see big changes in their style of play this year which maybe a good thing for a spectator but from players that only know a long ball game it's just not suiting them.

They will lose players in the summer chief,i know 2 already who are destined to leave,2 of their better players at that!

Chiefscout
23/03/2012, 11:48 PM
I know the two players in question.....let's not forget to congratulate the hall on a good win coro.they doing well now after clearing out their bad baggage.

Mighty almighty
24/03/2012, 1:15 AM

I disagree chief scout,Gareth Cambridge will be the last decent player to sign for RockmountI,they tried to play football at the start of year and had a dreadfull start,then players told manager were going back to long ball,got a few results but again hit a patchy spell,players there at d mo not good enough to be a top side at either style....billy Cronin would have always added a quality player in January,this year couldn't attract anyone,all bad signs for a club once run by only 1 man.."Cronin factor"....rocky road ahead for the mount!

Glenbuck
24/03/2012, 11:23 AM
Bad bad night at the office. Hall from start to finish. Things not well at moment with senior team but talk of demise of a great football club are foolhardy. A lot of hard work ahead. Everyone of the players need to have a good look at themselves after last night, Only a good goalkeeping performance kept the score down. Nothing else to add.

ball-hop
24/03/2012, 8:55 PM
Very satisfying to get a trophy in a season which is clearly a re-building exercise. Delighted for the lads who came into the team from our Juniors - both scorers last night were regular junior players and goal scorers for the last couple of seasons.

six-yard-box
24/03/2012, 9:09 PM
What do u think of the way buttsey was treated glenbuck? I think it's scandalous lost a top player there. Manager being dictated to by the "stars" or what? Heard the dressing room was in support of buttsey aswell? Huge problems ahead for ye

Cici900
24/03/2012, 10:59 PM
Like your honesty glenbuck, can anyone answer me, how many of the players from both sides last night featured in the league playoff last year? The hall seem to have a real team spirit and it showed last night, look like there building for the future, the guy fox in the middle of the park looks a better player than mccarthy, rockmount look in need of a miracle, maybe the return of king billy??

Chiefscout
25/03/2012, 12:01 AM
First time for everything cici when it comes to honesty regarding people on here :-)

Reznik
25/03/2012, 11:32 AM
What do u think of the way buttsey was treated glenbuck? I think it's scandalous lost a top player there. Manager being dictated to by the "stars" or what? Heard the dressing room was in support of buttsey aswell? Huge problems ahead for ye
What happened with Buttsey???

the hawk
25/03/2012, 2:29 PM
Like your honesty glenbuck, can anyone answer me, how many of the players from both sides last night featured in the league playoff last year? The hall seem to have a real team spirit and it showed last night, look like there building for the future, the guy fox in the middle of the park looks a better player than mccarthy, rockmount look in need of a miracle, maybe the return of king billy??

Is this the same great team spirit that saw them get beat by Mayfield and corinthians ,midelton, malahide and practically every team they have played this year.Great win don't get me wrong but there squad just seems to lose there bottle every year after xmas .Wasnt overly impressed with fox in the middle of the park .Murphy up top looked twice the player fox did and even hackett looked more comfortable when he moved to the middle from left back .And the hall would wanna buck up fairly soon as they lingering lot closer to relegation every week

the hawk
25/03/2012, 2:30 PM
What happened with Buttsey???got dropped for alan o connor and walked out of the dressing room

six-yard-box
25/03/2012, 4:25 PM
got dropped for alan o connor and walked out of the dressing room

Who hadn't been seen for a month an a half!!

Cici900
25/03/2012, 4:53 PM
Is this the same great team spirit that saw them get beat by Mayfield and corinthians ,midelton, malahide and practically every team they have played this year.Great win don't get me wrong but there squad just seems to lose there bottle every year after xmas .Wasnt overly impressed with fox in the middle of the park .Murphy up top looked twice the player fox did and even hackett looked more comfortable when he moved to t middle from left back .And the hall would wanna buck up fairly soon as they lingering lot closer to relegation every week

Hawk, hall not doing too bad for team that lost all their so called " superstars ", its a fair credit for them to be where they are. Hall will not be relegated, cors look odds on to join Leeds really.

Can't believe any senior side would drop a player like buttsey for someone who hadn't been around for 5 or 6 weeks? Must be mire to this than meets the eye.

the hawk
25/03/2012, 5:33 PM
Hawk, hall not doing too bad for team that lost all their so called " superstars ", its a fair credit for them to be where they are. Hall will not be relegated, cors look odds on to join Leeds really.

Can't believe any senior side would drop a player like buttsey for someone who hadn't been around for 5 or 6 weeks? Must be mire to this than meets the eye.

18 points off avondale and out of the intermediate cup havent won a league game since january

Cici900
25/03/2012, 6:45 PM
18 points off avondale and out of the intermediate cup havent won a league game since
january

Hall have five or six games left, three guaranteed points off avondale will see them safe.

Glenbuck
25/03/2012, 7:13 PM
Buttsy dropped. Managers decision. Good time for Chris myself. Alan was suspended after Leeds sending off hence he not playing for last few weeks. As I said bad night at the office for all concerned. Upwards and onwards. Im sure Chris is not the first and defo not the last player to not agree with a managers decision.Hopefully we can steady the ship in next few weeks.

six-yard-box
25/03/2012, 8:42 PM
Buttsy dropped. Managers decision. Good time for Chris myself. Alan was suspended after Leeds sending off hence he not playing for last few weeks. As I said bad night at the office for all concerned. Upwards and onwards. Im sure Chris is not the first and defo not the last player to not agree with a managers decision.Hopefully we can steady the ship in next few weeks.
Don't think any player worth there salt would agree with. Big loss for ye not only now but next year aswell.

Glenbuck
26/03/2012, 2:57 PM
Don't think any player worth there salt would agree with. Big loss for ye not only now but next year aswell.Such is life...more important things going on in life my friend