PDA

View Full Version : Is the SHELS game on the Web?

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 6:32 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 6:40 PM
can anyone tell me whats happeneing on the telly then

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 6:41 PM
i have a fair idea how tom hanks felt on that island now

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 6:41 PM
i probably smell worse though

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 6:44 PM
low and behold - a bottle just washed up on the shoreline with this message attached and a small electronic device with a battery selotaped inside

Tonights night's match will be broadcast live on Network 2 Television, coverage to begin at 6:50PM. The match will also be covered on RTE Radio 252 Longwave, with commentary by Gabriel Egan and Eoin Hand.
Shelbourne's Media sponsors Newstalk106 will also be covering the game live with Declan Drake and John Gill, while local station NEARFM completes the line-up of live radio coverage.

<<Deserted islander trys to tune in radio>>

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 6:47 PM
Wehoo - newstalk106 has been linked up

Sounds like a friday in Kilkenny Mart

I must say the Cork crowd were much more accomodating with their online commentry on this forum

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 6:50 PM
Sounds like Bert and Ernie doing the commentry

Ernie >> Heah Bert, What you think of the soccer match?
Bert >> Dunno ernie - its half time.

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:10 PM
very excitable presenter here. good craic. Leaves a squawk out of him every few minutes. Think the sound engineer is stabbing him in the back of the head with a compass.

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:12 PM
Irelands "biggest club" playing in the Champions league and I have a full thread all to myself. Wehooo.

dynamo kerry
04/08/2004, 7:19 PM
hey- my media player wont work- whats going on ffs

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:32 PM
ah stop - great game by the sounds of things but as i said, this fella is wicked excitable so its hard to tell if its as excitnig as he makes it out to be

dynamo kerry
04/08/2004, 7:36 PM
ah stop - great game by the sounds of things but as i said, this fella is wicked excitable so its hard to tell if its as excitnig as he makes it out to be

got it now thanks - cables stretched all over the office

he does sound fairly all over the shop dont he

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:37 PM
a passback sounds like the best pass back in the history of football

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:37 PM
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:38 PM
HAVE YOU EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER HEARD A CELEBRATION LIKE THAT

JAMIE ROGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:44 PM
Un Be Fupping Be Fupping Lieveable

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:47 PM
Come on boys

Get on here and Give the Shels the plaudits they deserve!!!

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:51 PM
4 minutes left ..... gowan the bould shelbourne

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 7:53 PM
2-0 were in heaven

GOWAN THE IRISH

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 8:20 PM
Top Notch Result - Fair feckin play . Fenlon was crying on the radio after the game

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 8:35 PM
Momentous night

Shels going to play deportivo and Im going to register 100 posts

Will this be goodbye to my apprentice tag...

ccfcgirl
04/08/2004, 8:37 PM
Post and find out

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 8:38 PM
im too nervous ... i think this is for 99

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 8:48 PM
this is it

no 100

tricky_colour
04/08/2004, 8:48 PM
How many feking qualifying rounds are there?

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 8:49 PM
im In The Youth Team Wehayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Double Celebrationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :d :d :d :d

ccfcgirl
04/08/2004, 8:52 PM
youth team all the way

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 8:58 PM
Who would have thought this was how we'd get to the Iberian Penninsula this summer!?!?!?

We owe the Spanish one anyway for 2002, so Shels, if ye have nothing better to do this time next week, stick it up their coca racha.

spiritofshanks
04/08/2004, 9:01 PM
this is it

no 100

Congrats on the century Blob, but come on like, what a pathetic way of gaining promotion - ya must have half yer posts on this thread alone!!!!!!!

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 9:08 PM
Watch yourself Shanks...Youre only in the door and Im a Youth so wash your mouth out

I cant help it if im the only one on here supporting Shels while the game is on and then people like you jump on the bandwagon when the result comes in

I was on the Cork threads when they played their European games too so dont be casting aspersions over the quality of my postings.

I know half of them are rubbish but thats none of your business

wehayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....gowan the youths

spiritofshanks
04/08/2004, 9:27 PM
Watch yourself Shanks...Youre only in the door and Im a Youth so wash your mouth out

I cant help it if im the only one on here supporting Shels while the game is on and then people like you jump on the bandwagon when the result comes in

I was on the Cork threads when they played their European games too so dont be casting aspersions over the quality of my postings.

Eh...?! Calm down, mate...! Aren't I supposed to be aspiring to guys like you (up there in the dizzy heights of the youth team!!!!!!!). Watched the game on the box anyway. Great entertainment. Fair dues to Shels.

tricky_colour
04/08/2004, 9:38 PM
How many feking qualifying rounds are there?

Just to answer my own question, as I doubt any one else had a clue,
there are I think 3 qualifying rounds so if Shelbourne win against
Deportivo they are through to the competition proper, which is
32 teams playing in 8 groups of four this time.

It also seems they have qualified for the UEFA Cup, but I am a bit
confused asfrom the competition proper:-
"The group winners and runners-up will advance to the knock-out stage of the competition, with the eight third-placed teams moving to the UEFA Cup third round, while the eight fourth-placed teams will be eliminated. "

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 9:41 PM
Sorry Shanks,

Volunteered to work tonight and it was a very very very very bad move.

You are indeed Correct Tricky.

Glad ye've joined me on my deserted island

Was getting cabin Fever

blobbyblob
04/08/2004, 9:49 PM
For you tricky

From the 2004/05 season, the UEFA Cup will adopt a new format that will include a group stage alongside the traditional two-legged format, with the final continuing as a single match.

Altered format
Two qualifying rounds and the first round proper will open the competition, at which point 40 clubs will advance to the group stage. This part of the competition comprises eight groups of five teams with two matches at home and two matches away for each team in each group. The winners, runners-up and third-placed team advance to the knock-out phase, at which point they are joined by the eight clubs which finish in third place in each of the groups in the UEFA Champions League group phase. From this point, the 32 clubs embark on a knock-out competition, playing two matches against each other on a home and away basis. The club scoring the greater aggregate of goals qualifying for the next round. In the event of both teams scoring the same number of goals, the team which scores more goals away qualifies.