PDA

View Full Version : I need 3 tickets for Ireland vs. Cyprus

BarryD
04/08/2004, 5:29 PM
Hi all,

I need 3 match tickets for Ireland vs. Cyprus. I will not pay crazy tout prices. I will be able to collect at Bulgaria match on the 18th.

Thanks,
Barry D.

dynamo kerry
04/08/2004, 5:33 PM
sorry- thats pretty damn funny

I wish you luck man I really do but if I come across a couple of tickets I wouldnt sell em for anything - including katie holmes phone number

BarryD
04/08/2004, 5:37 PM
Nah, Getting tickets for Ireland home games is a disaster , I've seen a thread on how to block book on 'foot.ie' , but you'll be old and grey (and most likely in a wheelchair like the WW1 vets) before u get off the list..!!!

BarryD
04/08/2004, 5:41 PM
When you say "pick them up?" , I assume you have to be a member of the supporters club and attend their matches regularly?

tiktok
04/08/2004, 5:56 PM
I will not pay crazy tout prices. I will be able to collect at Bulgaria match on the 18th.

No-one on here would fleece you if they had the tickets to spare, I doubt they will though.
Have the tickets been posted already, will they even be available in time tfor the Bulgaria game?

As for the EL allocation, you don't have to be in a supporters club, but being in regular attendance would help. Who's your local club?

BarryD
04/08/2004, 5:58 PM
Limerick City , but to be honest I support Liverpool , if I turned up at a Limerick game for the first time in 22 years I'd feel a bit strange..!!

tiktok
04/08/2004, 6:16 PM
Limerick City , but to be honest I support Liverpool , if I turned up at a Limerick game for the first time in 22 years I'd feel a bit strange..!!

Nothing wrong with popping down for a look BarryD, it's still the off-season cross channel.

All the clubs get an allocation, Limerick are one club definitely in need of a bit of extra support and I'm sure you'd be more than welcome, nmoreso if you brought the other two ticket seekers along (they may not be filling the allocation they get at the moment, and I know a good few of the boys there are block bookers so you could be lucky). We all had a first game we went to, you'd never know you could catch the EL bug :D

There's also the advantage of being in the North with the 'noisy' bunch :D

anyway, Limerick can't be any worse than watching 'pool under Houllier, can it ;)

dynamo kerry
04/08/2004, 6:47 PM
good call

I used to get mine when I went to loads of UCD games. I guarantee if you go to 2 or 3 games you'll get into it. And if youre seen to be turning up they'll at least do their best to sort you for tickets.

dahamsta
04/08/2004, 7:09 PM
BarryD, please don't crosspost on Foot.ie, it's against the rules. It's also against the rules to solicit tickets here for above cost price, so be careful what you say.

adam

NeilMcD
05/08/2004, 10:16 AM
I diont know why people are so pessimisitc about the block booking. I have been on it less than a year and i have been offered tickets for the next 3 games. I am only on the waiting list so i probably wont have tickets for the swiss or french games but people on the waiting list are getting the away fans allocation which has not been taken up by the fories or cyprus. It is well worth putting your name down and in the mean time beg borrow or steal.

onenilgameover
05/08/2004, 11:24 AM
I'm on the block booking waiting list and was offered tickets in a three match deal..Bulgaria Cyprus and Faroes..Its not a bad idea to get on the waiting list and get those benefits. I also got tickets for the 3 match deal including Brazil game. These new schemes seem to be working well for the Fai who look to sell out the Friendly matches aswell. Fair play to Mr Rooney things seem to be changing if somewhat slowly.

Congrats Shell's on a marvellous night for Irish Football!

BarryD
05/08/2004, 1:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. Much appreciated.

petef
05/08/2004, 1:42 PM
Speaking of the Faroes what a nightmare to get to. Even from over here.

Peadar
05/08/2004, 2:44 PM
Speaking of the Faroes what a nightmare to get to. Even from over here.

We'll all be on Charters.
Selling our souls along the way...

BarryD
05/08/2004, 5:02 PM
Patrick,

I could pick a better match to join the bandwagon than Cyprus at home. Secondly , we didn't qualify for Portugal so we are hardly flying high at present. Thirdly I am not too concerned about Roy coming back as I am a Liverpool supporter. Fourthly , I have been to 2 home internationals before , Iran and Albania : I had considerable trouble getting tickets for both , particularly Iran ( I managed to get 1 ticket!!) and 1 friendly Sweden. Finally , I would hope you realise that we all have to start somewhere and remember you're from Dublin so you're not going to have any problems getting to the match..

NeilMcD
05/08/2004, 5:03 PM
Barry Dont mind that rubbish the more the merrier, Patrick how do u know if he is a bandwagon jumper you dont know his age, or anythign about him. Everybody has to go to a match for the first time or get in the system some way. I would like to say come to the games Barry and try to get to the away games if you can as they are great fun.

dynamo kerry
05/08/2004, 5:04 PM
I'm on the block booking waiting list and was offered tickets in a three match deal..Bulgaria Cyprus and Faroes..Its not a bad idea to get on the waiting list and get those benefits. I also got tickets for the 3 match deal including Brazil game. These new schemes seem to be working well for the Fai who look to sell out the Friendly matches aswell. Fair play to Mr Rooney things seem to be changing if somewhat slowly.

Congrats Shell's on a marvellous night for Irish Football!
how does one get on the block waiting list?

NeilMcD
05/08/2004, 5:10 PM
Just ring up the Fai and say that u wanna be put on the waiting list or send an e mail or write a lerter, with all your details, that put you on then. I am not sure if they have stopped taking names or not but i did that about a year ago and i go on the waiting list and now i have been offered tickets for the 3 homes games this year

neil

BarryD
05/08/2004, 5:21 PM
Thanks for the advice Neil. I previously thought the block booking list was a waste of time. I have now joined and will cross my fingers for the future. Was hoping to go to Cyprus and Faroe Islands away next year. Faroes will be a nightmare to get to , you will have to fly from Dublin to Aberdeen (Ryanair) , then onto the Faroes with Atlantic Airways , going out on Thursday coming back Monday.. Will be very expensive..

slow2anger
06/08/2004, 9:03 AM
Will be very expensive..
Welcome to the world of away match travel.............

Just get a few credit cards and forget about the rising debts......lifes too short......

NeilMcD
06/08/2004, 10:48 AM
Its the life of the single man. But this year we have been blessed with 3 great trips, that are pretty reasonable, holland, france, and swtizerland.

Next year we have cyprus in october and faroes in June, which i think will be manageable

Closed Account 2
07/08/2004, 11:48 AM
^ hopefully we'll have another decent friendly away (maybe 2005) - I'd love it if we played someone easy to get to and with a massive stadium like the Welsh, Italians or Germans.

I sort of given up hope on getting any tickets for matches at LR. Im more hopefull about away matches tho... saw Nigeria (the less said the better) and Holland this summer and I think ive a fair chance of going to the French and Cypriot matches, would go to the Swiss one too but 15,000 word dissertation looms with hand-in date a week later. Will consider Israel away on the condition its shifted away from a war zone.

Anyone know how likely tickets for Cyprus away are ? Flights from London should be cheap. What was it like a couple of years ago? I seem to remeber from watching it on tv the stadium wasnt totally full.

Pat O' Banton
07/08/2004, 12:30 PM
Last time we only sold half our allocation which apparently the Cypriot FA were less than please with. (worry about not trusting the FAI estimation and cutting the allocation this time). Allocation was fairly big (end behind the goal and a stand along the side) however if we are looking likely to qualify - and of course its a handy one to sell to the other half as a holiday- it may be alot more of a scramble. Cypriot section looked sold out last time.
One point, stayed in Limmasol last time which was quite away from the match but all the big bars were running coaches to the match, for next to nothing.

liam88
07/08/2004, 12:40 PM
Do you need to be on a waiting list/block booking job for away games like the Faroes?
How would I best go about getting some tickets to the Faroes (away)-presumebly not on ticketmaser :rolleyes:

Jon'o
07/08/2004, 1:00 PM
Do you need to be on a waiting list/block booking job for away games like the Faroes?
How would I best go about getting some tickets to the Faroes (away)-presumebly not on ticketmaser :rolleyes:

the FAI site have a section on the ticket info link that lets you register for tickets for the away qualifyers... couple of weeks ago the swiss and french games were on there to register for.

just keep an eye on that for the faroe game.... wouldnt mind going my self but it seems to be a right pain in the @rse to get to.

could also join a supporters club, they can source tickets for members

liam88
07/08/2004, 3:00 PM
the FAI site have a section on the ticket info link that lets you register for tickets for the away qualifyers... couple of weeks ago the swiss and french games were on there to register for.

just keep an eye on that for the faroe game.... wouldnt mind going my self but it seems to be a right pain in the @rse to get to.

could also join a supporters club, they can source tickets for members

Thanks for the info Jon'O :)
So when you 'register' for tickets does that mean you deffinatley get them?

I take it tickets for Landsdowne qualifiers are impossible to get?

Beavis
07/08/2004, 4:55 PM
I sort of given up hope on getting any tickets for matches at LR. Im more hopefull about away matches tho
I feel the same but I'm hardly too bothered anymore.Being at the Shels Hadjuk game last week just brought home how mundane the match day experience at Lansdowne is.

Jon'o
07/08/2004, 7:43 PM

they have a se time which you can register for tickets, block bookers get offered tickets first and then everyone else i guess.

lansdowne qualifyers go to block bookers first then any tickets that are left depend on if the visiting team take up their full allocation. last season i managed to get to the russia game because the russian fa didnt take up their full allocation

sylvo
08/08/2004, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info Jon'O :)

Liam i'll send you the address of the Republic of Ireland soccer supporter's club, London branch. RISSC. You'll know a lot of people from the club from on here.

Ticket's for say the France match will be hard for non block booker's to get, but for most other match's spare's are about due to member's not being able to travel, and they would then get given first to member's who were on the waiting list for block booking's.

sylvo
08/08/2004, 11:28 AM
I feel the same but I'm hardly too bothered anymore.Being at the Shels Hadjuk game last week just brought home how mundane the match day experience at Lansdowne is.

Beavis I seen the picture on the front page of the Irish independent the following morning of the Shel's fan's during the game, you could have thought it was the Ali Sami Yen stadium in Istanbul with Galatsary playing such was the colour from the roman candle's and flag's.
I doubt there were to many suit's there the other night telling people to sit down when their getting behind the team or talking about the best golf course's in the country and not even watching the game.
Plus that other latest fashion trend of leaving the ground 10 minute's before the end of the game. Watched the video of the road to Italy the other night ahhh the way thing's used to be, i'd love to have those day's back again.

Beavis
08/08/2004, 10:55 PM
you could have thought it was the Ali Sami Yen stadium in Istanbul with Galatsary playing such was the colour from the roman candle's and flag's

Ah It was something else.What a night,I don't even support Shels and by the end I was singing and dancing :eek: :o For the first time at a game in Ireland I've been at,it seemed as though the oposition were being intimidated.This is how it should be when you come here.

the 12 th man
09/08/2004, 8:22 AM
Watched the video of the road to Italy the other night ahhh the way thing's used to be, i'd love to have those day's back again.

the way packie might grind his teeth, the way dave o leary sent the romanian goalie the wrong way or how the irish kit man needed a ladder to join in the celebrations as the last peno hit the net :D .

sylvo
09/08/2004, 10:44 AM
the way packie might grind his teeth, the way dave o leary sent the romanian goalie the wrong way or how irish kit man needed a ladder to join in the celebrations as the last peno hit the net :D .

AHH Packie playing the beutiful game, great time's.
12th ma man I met the great kit man Charlie O'Leary in Lituania in 93 when the Ireland team were training the day before the match.
Had a good chat with him during his break's when he was chasing after all the stray football's that Alan Kernaghan was hitting over the bar (if only Kildare could score the amount of point's he scored that day.) Top fella he was and he even took on board my style advice about running around chasing football's on tarmac while wearing football boot's.
He was over the moon as well when i asked could i have a picture taken with him, he said ''jasus son most papel want da player's picture's yer da first to want a photo wid me''.
Another Irish football first from Sylvo. :D

gspain
09/08/2004, 1:59 PM
AHH Packie playing the beutiful game, great time's.
12th ma man I met the great kit man Charlie O'Leary in Lituania in 93 when the Ireland team were training the day before the match.
Had a good chat with him during his break's when he was chasing after all the stray football's that Alan Kernaghan was hitting over the bar (if only Kildare could score the amount of point's he scored that day.) Top fella he was and he even took on board my style advice about running around chasing football's on tarmac while wearing football boot's.
He was over the moon as well when i asked could i have a picture taken with him, he said ''jasus son most papel want da player's picture's yer da first to want a photo wid me''.
Another Irish football first from Sylvo. :D

Charlie was a decent enough referee in his day too.

the 12 th man
09/08/2004, 2:30 PM

difficult to imagine someone of his size commanding much respect off the players.but i take your word on it :)

sylvo
10/08/2004, 9:45 AM

He was indeed, i'm almost sure that he was'nt that bad a player either.

Mayo_Bhoy
10/08/2004, 4:55 PM
Thirdly I am not too concerned about Roy coming back as I am a Liverpool supporter.

WTF does the English team you support have to do with your view of Roy???

Paulie
10/08/2004, 5:53 PM
WTF does the English team you support have to do with your view of Roy???

This occured to me as well but I didn't mention it for fear of opening any one of a number of issues that have been done to death. This does not take away from the validity of the question though.

BarryD
11/08/2004, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't want someone accusing me of being a bandwagaon supporter thinking I was just coming to Lansdowne road to "see Roys competitive return." Some of my fellow Reds will not even watch Ireland with R*y back. Now , I wouldn't go that far..

Paulie
11/08/2004, 12:28 PM
Some of my fellow Reds will not even watch Ireland with R*y back. Now , I wouldn't go that far..

No offence, but some of your fellow reds, as you put it, sound like complete d*ckheads. (and no I'm not a man utd supporter or of any other foreign team for that matter)

BarryD
11/08/2004, 2:48 PM
I love Ireland and Liverpool too , can't say I'm a big 'Roy Keane' fan as a person (still a serious player though..). You should be able to support any team as well as your national team , hence my tricolour with 'Liverpool' emblazoned on it at Anfield. I mean , theoretically you might support Ireland and Rangers - I believe Brian Kerr was from that school!!! Got promised 2 Cyprus tickets from my contact yesterday.. Thank you PB..!!