PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Football Songs

onenilgameover
04/08/2004, 3:41 PM
I am looking to make a cd for the car when goin to the up comin away games.....Here's what I think is worth sticking on...What am I missing...?
As far as I recall every recorded song for the 2002 WC was crap so I am not putting any of them on......

1. Puttem under Pressure /Clayton..etc
2. Give it a lash Jack /
3. Joxer goes to Stuttgart / Christy Moore
4. Jack's heroes / The Pogues
5. The Today fm **** take of Becks and Roy..Plenty more games in Group B
6. The FM104 Engerland Your s**t but ye don't know it...(sorry their both funny enough)
7.The Irish Rover / The Pogues and Dubliners not and footy song but a classic

As you can see its gonna be a short CD without any idea's........

liam88
05/08/2004, 12:15 PM
If your not keeping it specifically to footie sogns you might consider putting on a couple of Irish 'anthems' like Fields or Molly Malone-just a suggestion :D

sylvo
05/08/2004, 3:18 PM
Don't put give it a lash Jack on it. Most song's by the Pogues are a fav of mine before game's.

sylvo
06/08/2004, 12:13 PM
Got a tape sent over to me from my aunt just before Italia 90, it had on it such song's as,
que sera sera,
here we go,
mama mia what a beautiful team,
the team that Jack built,
Hooray hooray,
world cup rap
Bless them all,
as well as a cover by the Dublin city ramberler's of the Euro 88 team song,
we are the boy's in green.

Whatever yer do DON'T put any of these song's on yer tape.
Also would'nt go for the Wolfe Tone's world cup song ''you'll never beat the Irish.
I alway's like to listen to the Pogues and Rage against the machine before match's. :mad:

BaZmO*
24/08/2004, 3:30 PM
What about the A-House song that the Ray D'Arcy Show on Today FM reworked for the 2002 WC? It's called "Here Comes The Good Times"

Interestingly enough, when the Ray D'Arcy show were re-writing the words for the song they didn't want to include the names of any of the players because they reckoned that they couldn't be sure which players would be guaranteed to get their game. However, they took a calculated guess with the first line, which is as follows.....

With Keane to lead us there, there’s nothing to fear/ Because this time 2002 is going to be our year”.

Quite ironic when you consider the Saipan fiasco.

B.

slow2anger
25/08/2004, 9:02 AM
I alway's like to listen to Rage against the machine before match's. :mad:
Excellent Sylvo.......

sylvo
25/08/2004, 12:33 PM
Excellent Sylvo.......

Some more people should listen to them before game's, cause if they did we might get a bit more crowd surfing, moshing and atmosphere in the east stand during game's. :D
They could even play them over the PA system before game's, mind you the suit's i'm sure would object to the lyric's :mad:

IsMiseSean
04/09/2004, 10:58 PM
To Win Just Once - The Saw Doc's. not a football song, but inspiring!

tonycuna
05/09/2004, 5:22 PM
Maybe you could consider to put the irish rugby anthem: "Ireland's call"!
In my opinion a wonderful song to fill your soul of power, before an important match.
Anyone argue?

KDonkeyKilbane
05/09/2004, 6:40 PM
Is there anywhere I can download or listen to the Roy & Becks P**S take song??

dynamo kerry
05/09/2004, 8:42 PM
Is there anywhere I can download or listen to the Roy & Becks P**S take song??

it's in the downloads section of irishvibe.com but you have to register - takes about 2 minutes

tonycuna
06/09/2004, 11:30 AM
it's in the downloads section of irishvibe.com but you have to register - takes about 2 minutes

Can I found other irish football songs, in this site?
Does it need a payment for registering?
thanx

Junior
06/09/2004, 1:39 PM
you can get it from Todayfm.com giftgrub (sp?) section, no need to register

Réiteoir
08/10/2004, 6:41 PM
How can you omit 'We're Gonna Start a Fire' by the Memories? ;)

Heard it played on RTE Radio 1 this afternoon - but the signal wasn't the best .

Anyone know where I can get a copy of it online?

sligoman
08/10/2004, 7:19 PM
F**k you i'm drunk by Dr.Demento(a typical Irish one),just heard it the other day,it's class

Cowboy
19/04/2005, 1:36 PM
Maybe you could consider to put the irish rugby anthem: "Ireland's call"!
In my opinion a wonderful song to fill your soul of power, before an important match.
Anyone argue?

Forgive me but thats the most god awful sh1ite to be played anywhere

Saint Tom
19/04/2005, 6:16 PM
ireland's call is a disgrace to Irishmen

CollegeTillIDie
19/04/2005, 8:44 PM
With Keane to leads us there/ We have nothing to fear

Quite ironic when you consider the Saipan fiasco.

B.
Well ROBBIE Keane was there ! :D

Colie
19/04/2005, 9:41 PM
Gotta have "The Green Fields of France" on the CD. We listened to it about 50 times on the drive to Basel II & were quite emotional by the time we got there (also could have been the drink).

onenilgameover
20/04/2005, 1:33 AM
Been awhile since I made the cd loads of great tunes on there and I have a few more now for the upcoimin trips. I'ill post a list of the songs and if anyone wants them they get get em off me through Kazza

boysingreen
20/04/2005, 7:17 AM
"To Win Just Once" by the Saw Doctors, as mentioned earlier, is a classic. Hope to hear it in Germany :D

While we're w/ the Saw Doctors, "All the Way from Tuam" is another one.

And my pitch wherever I get the chance, get yourself some music by SHILELAGH LAW. They're amazing! (recommend their renditions of "When New York Was Irish," "The Fields of Athenry," and originals "Meet Me On McLean Tonight," "Songs to Sing," and "Christmas in NY" to name a few.)

See: www.halfthebottle.com . Four-time all-ireland fiddle champion, great singer.. music is so lively!

Green Tribe
20/04/2005, 7:54 PM
I think it is really important that we have some great tunes for this world cup(if we,please, please, qualify :D ) it will boost the players and make it so memorable and fun.....