PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie what's the future

Pages : [1] 2

passerrby
16/03/2012, 9:24 PM
I use to love following this sit on match night or dropping in to find a good discussion or slagging match going on but lately it seems to stopped,
Is foot a thing of the past

SwanVsDalton
16/03/2012, 9:31 PM
Is foot a thing of the past

(One) foot in the grave?

Don't know about anyone else, but my feet and I are quite attached...

We'll be right back after these! *jazz horns blare*

Mr A
16/03/2012, 11:23 PM
I think there are a lot more live feeds now which make fora less relevant for match updates. TV games, internet radio and very fast updates from the likes of futbol24 make sites like this less important as matches happen, but the discussion before and afterward remain.

bluewhitearmy
17/03/2012, 1:09 AM
Nothing like coming on to Foot to have a good rant at how awful Scully has us playing after games.

Sean South
22/03/2012, 11:37 AM
I blame the admin and mods :)

bullit
22/03/2012, 11:52 AM
According to the bottom of the page there is only the one mod on this page now ? If you ask me this end of the site is being undone by a couple of posters and their one,two & three word posts/love-in.

passerrby
22/03/2012, 12:35 PM
According to the bottom of the page there is only the one mod on this page now ? If you ask me this end of the site is being undone by a couple of posters and their one,two & three word posts/love-in.

True !!

Mr A
22/03/2012, 12:35 PM
Well said.

El-Pietro
22/03/2012, 12:42 PM
I fully agree.

bullit
22/03/2012, 12:50 PM
Who said that?

nigel-harps1954
22/03/2012, 5:39 PM
Jesus I'm hungover.

nosebleds
22/03/2012, 6:48 PM
Jesus I'm hungover.

what who and where,anybody

nigel-harps1954
22/03/2012, 6:57 PM
Hungover, after drunk. In Letterkenny...singing karaoke. Expensive cans carry out..and back to the flat. It's simple really.

citybone
27/03/2012, 10:11 AM
I have noticed that this aint very active. I think facebook pages are taking over, quicker responses and more people on these pages as there is no complicated registration process.

redobit
27/03/2012, 10:45 AM
I have noticed that this aint very active. I think facebook pages are taking over, quicker responses and more people on these pages as there is no complicated registration process.

... or daft infractions. You cant treat adults like teenagers.

L.T.F.C.
27/03/2012, 11:27 AM
Daft infractions is a very good point. There doesn't seem to be the same buzz on here anymore.

ger121
27/03/2012, 12:16 PM
I was on boards the other day and it seems to have a bit more activity on match nights, than this forum does. I've been on this site for 8 & half years and my gut feeling is that the site is in decline. You can't see it at the moment, but when # of active users was available, you could see that it was decreasing over time..

John83
27/03/2012, 12:33 PM
So has competition. Youngsters on facebook are probably slower to look for dedicated forumns these days.

As for the moderation, as long as the posts here remain more articulate, on topic and level-headed than elsewhere, the site while have value. Every forum I've ever been on has had gripes about mods, no matter how good or bad the moderation.

Real ale Madrid
27/03/2012, 3:21 PM

Although I haven't had the need to register on here in a while - surely it can't be that complicated ?

El-Pietro
27/03/2012, 3:43 PM
Although I haven't had the need to register on here in a while - surely it can't be that complicated ?
i think the main issue is probably the fact that you have to have a school or work email address to register? no free mail addresses accepted

Mr A
27/03/2012, 4:30 PM
I think once we move back to a 16 team league with a proper pyramid structure, playing in winter and as an All Ireland League, this forum will take off like a rocket again.

L.T.F.C.
27/03/2012, 4:37 PM
i think the main issue is probably the fact that you have to have a school or work email address to register? no free mail addresses accepted
Ridiculous.

John83
27/03/2012, 5:04 PM
I think once we move back to a 16 team league with a proper pyramid structure, playing in winter and as an All Ireland League, this forum will take off like a rocket again.
Argh, where's the thanks button when you need it?

citybone
29/03/2012, 9:26 AM

I think i used a free one, but i registered on this forum like 7 years ago and maybe they were not as strict then?

SkStu
31/03/2012, 2:53 PM
Lads, I'm sorry. I know what everyone is getting at here. I'll try and start posting more regularly again in the future. Bear with me and try to keep this website going until I sort my act out. Again, sorry. And to you Adam, sorry.

OneForTheFuture
31/03/2012, 8:00 PM
It's full of knobs..............................

Oh **** I'm on it now!

marinobohs
02/04/2012, 11:05 AM
Ridiculous.

Can only presume that rule is to stop people that were banned from reappearing (would not be the first time). Many reasons for drop off in contributions but most obvious ones are the lack of any real controversy so far this season - for Gods sake, Bohs have not sold dalymount once this season - although it is early days. Many posters kept the flame alight in the off season and have now run out of pedantic issues to debate (for a short while).

I still think the forum has merit, and is the best "neutral" (non club affiliated) LOI site out there. With the pletera of forums/media out there it is getting more difficult to maintain market share and FOOT.IE is no different. Apart from one individual with an agenda I always found Moderation on here consistent and reasonable and doubt that is a factor in drop off.

Don't despair, with Roddy at large, the never ending ability of clubs to shoot themselves in both feet and of course Fred And Irene I have no doubt we will soon have plenty to debate/rant/ridicule/all of the aforementioned.
:cool:

gufct
02/04/2012, 1:04 PM
The forum is a dead duck . If it wasn't for the limerick fans it would be gone.

Lim till i die
02/04/2012, 3:04 PM

name change to wonga.ie

SkStu
02/04/2012, 4:01 PM
foot.ie has jumped the shark? ;)

bluemovie
02/04/2012, 5:26 PM
I couldn't post for ages there - think server wouldn't let me. Maybe others had the same problem. I've a few suggestions to boost the activity on the site again:

(i) Spread a rumour that Tom Coughlan is getting involved with Cork again.
(ii) Try to set up a new club called Atletico Blanchardstown.
(iii) A good old-fashioned points deduction.
(iv) Limerick could try to arrange another friendly.
(v) Rovers and Sligo could play each other in a football match.

BonnieShels
02/04/2012, 11:33 PM
I couldn't post for ages there - think server wouldn't let me. Maybe others had the same problem. I've a few suggestions to boost the activity on the site again:

(ii) Try to set up a new club called Atletico Blanchardstown.

Grand. I'm trying to offload Termonbarry Alberts.

bullit
03/04/2012, 12:03 AM
lol.Alberts fans WILL NEVER be bought or sold out. Alberts TID.

Acornvilla
03/04/2012, 12:16 AM
Its just not been the same without Kildare County

BonnieShels
03/04/2012, 12:41 AM
Its just not been the same without Kildare County

And we await the post from that Kildare County lad... :)

BonnieShels
03/04/2012, 12:44 AM
lol.Alberts fans WILL NEVER be bought or sold out. Alberts TID.

It hasn't been the same since ye sold Naomh Barach to the United scum.

Hibs are and always will be the true club in town.

Put it this way you won't find Paul Dempsey with anything but a Hibs scarf behind the bar of the Purple Onion.

TH4L

Eminence Grise
03/04/2012, 10:39 AM

Good luck with that, Bonnie - but I fear that there will be problems, if today's Squirish Times is anything to go by:

'Some 29 small Garda stations closed last Friday, more than half of them in the western half of the State, including six in west Cork.

'A further eight were already non-operational: Castletownshend and Ballygurteen in west Cork, Ballinure and Ballinderry in Tipperary, Ballywilliam in Wexford, Doochary in Donegal, Geashill in Laois/Offaly and Tarmonbarry in Roscommon/Longford.'
(http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0403/1224314296566.html)

Without Garda presence for the substantial crowds that attend their home games, the writing is on the wall for Termonbarry's continued existence.

sadloserkid
03/04/2012, 11:49 AM
The forum is a dead duck . If it wasn't for the limerick fans it would be gone.

That's probably the nicest thing that a Galway fan has ever said about Limerick. And I'm not even sure it was a compliment!

Dodge
03/04/2012, 12:31 PM
Future of foot.ie? same as the past and the present. A load of blokes with too much time of their hands waffling about football and other related ****e. Now and again someone makes a decent joke, maybe less often someone gives a bit of knowledge, but generally, its all waffle. Maybe 5% of foot.ie users have a clue what they're talking about. That hasn't changed in its history

Its an internet forum lads, stop worrying about it, and let nature take its course. If people want to use it, they'll do it, if they don't, they won't. It really is tht simple

Lim till i die
03/04/2012, 1:34 PM
Maybe 5% of foot.ie users have a clue what they're talking about.

Mr A
03/04/2012, 1:57 PM
I heard foot.ie is in massive debt and haven't being paying their employees on time for quite a while. The accounts have not been signed off for 2011 yet. Pineapple Stu has left in disgust.

Whether the site will receive a license for next year remains in serious doubt.

ger121
03/04/2012, 2:07 PM
Future of foot.ie? same as the past and the present. A load of blokes with too much time of their hands waffling about football and other related ****e. Now and again someone makes a decent joke, maybe less often someone gives a bit of knowledge, but generally, its all waffle. Maybe 5% of foot.ie users have a clue what they're talking about. That hasn't changed in its history

Its an internet forum lads, stop worrying about it, and let nature take its course. If people want to use it, they'll do it, if they don't, they won't. It really is tht simple

Now I just need to figure out, if this post is included in the 5% of users who know what they're talking about:p

John83
03/04/2012, 2:09 PM
I heard foot.ie is in massive debt and haven't being paying their employees on time for quite a while. The accounts have not been signed off for 2011 yet. Pineapple Stu has left in disgust.

He wrote to me yesterday from Ulan Ude; not clear whether he's popping in here or not but he hasn't been posting anyway.

Now I just need to figure out, if this post is included in the 5% of users who know what they're talking about:p
Ah, but it must me. If it weren't, the categories you're using wouldn't make any sense, so it can't be in the 95%. ;)

SkStu
03/04/2012, 2:29 PM

more worryingly there are rumours that administrators were being registered and paid as moderators to avoid the 65% rule. This issue needs its own thread.

marinobohs
03/04/2012, 3:17 PM
more worryingly there are rumours that administrators were being registered and paid as moderators to avoid the 65% rule. This issue needs its own thread.

4% of administrators have been paid as moderators with more holding two contracts, one contract as groundsmen and the other as barmen.

the FAI have carried out a full and thorough investigation into developments at Foot.ie and as a result have announced that Limerick have been relegated to the United Churches League Division 16z.

....rumours abound that in a fit of pique at the FAI decision Adam has sold the site - twice.

poster
09/04/2012, 12:34 PM
The constant ads for "Girls who like to travel" and cougar.net are a bit off-putting when at work...

the 12 th man
09/04/2012, 1:15 PM
The constant ads for "Girls who like to travel" and cougar.net are a bit off-putting when at work...

Just peruse them when at home so ;)

corkharps
09/04/2012, 10:08 PM
If the new Derry City paid their bills, things wouldn't be like they are! Simple!

David BOHie
11/04/2012, 1:07 PM
The Soviet Russian-esque bannings,"infractions"and two mods, who make the SS look like a great bunch of lads, in particular makes it a truly awful site. There is also a helluva lot of gimps on here also.

gormacha
11/04/2012, 1:16 PM
I don't post that much, and I'm a relative blow-in, but I'm posting even less recently after threads were removed. We're all grown-ups and should be left to discuss things pretty much as we see fit, save for legal reasons.