PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Penetration?

SSS
03/08/2004, 6:10 PM
Comment by Damo last night.

He might have a point - even though our strength lies on our superb attacking players, we've scored less than 1.5 goals per game this season, and recently it's worse than that.
More than once this season we've dominated games and not scored. IMO, Johnny is not fully fit and he should be regaining that fitness with the U21 team.
Also, we don't seem to try too many shots from outside the box these days - are we trying to score the perfect goal (great footie to watch, but doesn't always yield results.

:confused:

(Pete, you shouldn't be reading this. Ignore me) :)

max power
03/08/2004, 6:48 PM
sorry couldn't resist reading this when i saw the title, what a let down :mad:

blobbyblob
03/08/2004, 6:57 PM
sorry couldn't resist reading this when i saw the title, what a let down :mad:

Reminds me of a slogan i saw on the back of a Tipperary Scaffolding Company's Lorry:

Satisfaction Guaranteed With Every Erection

spiritofshanks
03/08/2004, 7:36 PM
Just a thought seeing as you're talking about lack of penetration (blush)...

Wouldn't it be nice if we had more video footage of Morley and Caulfield together? What a combination they were. If today's team could watch them I think they would learn a lot. We could model Flynny and Fenn on them. This thread would never have existed in the early '90s. They were ever consistent and their telepathy unique.

Aah... bring me my wine... To Skippy & Johnny C - what memories you've given us!!!

razor
03/08/2004, 7:54 PM
what a let down :mad:
speak for yourself
:D

Éanna
03/08/2004, 11:01 PM
i think flynn's fitness has been the main problem there. he's looking sharper by the game, and himself and fenn seem to be building up an understanding, so i'd expect things to improve greatly. roll on pats

harry crumb
03/08/2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah I think he is definately getting sharper. But, he doesn't seem to have that burning pace he had before the injury in Bellfield. But you could not fault his running off the ball and winning the headers he does. I think the spread of goals has been pretty good this year. Remember last year when it was all Flynny and George. Colin T looks like he will get a few soon.