PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid puts in transfer request.

tricky_colour
03/08/2004, 6:05 PM
http://www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~547639,00.html

dynamo kerry
03/08/2004, 6:21 PM
any chance of a cut and paste there tiktok?

petef
03/08/2004, 6:30 PM
Busy day today indeed.

Nottingham Forest have today received a transfer request from Andy Reid.

The Republic of Ireland international has written to the Club to ask for a move away from The City Ground.

Reid has found himself the subject of transfer interest from Tottenham Hotspur this year. They bid £5million for the 22 year old during the January transfer window but that failed to match Forest's valuation of the player.

The London club renewed their interest again last month with a £3million offer, which was immediately rejected by Forest.

The Club has no further comment to make at this stage.

tiktok
03/08/2004, 8:03 PM
any chance of a cut and paste there tiktok?

I think you mean tricky ;) (i'm not registered on Forest's site).
If it's slang for something else though, I'm afraid I'm already taken :D

I'm a bit surprised, it seems to be a bit of an about turn on articles I read only last week, maybe the lure of Spurs is getting to him. In the end, the national team will be better off for having another Premiership player, playing at a higher level (assuming he gets his game).
Forest fans' will not be amused I'd imagine.

tricky_colour
03/08/2004, 8:42 PM
I did actually try to cut and paste it, I consider it a bit rude not
to, but its not possible (then there is possibly a copyright issue).
I don't know how petef did it (from view source?)
I expect plenty of other sites have lifted by now.

There is more on BBC ceefax page 310 and on their site no
doubt.

dynamo kerry
03/08/2004, 10:40 PM
sorry lads was in a rush and replied 10 min after I hit reply- had forgotten who it was

wonder why he changed his mind though

petef
04/08/2004, 8:35 AM
I did actually try to cut and paste it, I consider it a bit rude not
to, but its not possible (then there is possibly a copyright issue).
I don't know how petef did it (from view source?)
I expect plenty of other sites have lifted by now.

There is more on BBC ceefax page 310 and on their site no
doubt.

Its only Internet Explorer specific, use another browser and you can get around this.

tricky_colour
04/08/2004, 6:18 PM
Its only Internet Explorer specific, use another browser and you can get around this.

Such as? Opera, Netscape?

And would that mean I could revist pages off-line?
(The Forest site doesn't seem to store content locally so
I have be on-line when ever I want to re-read anything,
unlike this site which is excellent. I have tried asking the
site moderators to change this but unfortunately they were
extremely unhelpful, bordering on offensive with responses like
"If you don't like it sod off".)

Jon'o
04/08/2004, 6:55 PM
im suprised he stuck things out with forrest for so long. (fair play for showing a bit of loyalty to the club, its lost on most players these days)

i think he will do well in the premership, just a question of which team he decides go to, hopefuly what ever team he choses will play him on a regular basis and he gets some more experance

dynamo kerry
04/08/2004, 7:24 PM
he didn't stick it out with forrest for that long- he's only had one good season

Greenbod
05/08/2004, 12:15 AM
i think he will do well in the premership, just a question of which team he decides go to

You make it sound like he can take his pick. As far as I know only Spurs have made an offer. Not much "deciding" for Andy to do.

Jon'o
12/08/2004, 4:25 PM
from www.thisnottingham.co.uk - today

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=134438&command=displayContent&sourceNode=134248&contentPK=10750548

Joe Kinnear has sent a clear message to the Premiership: "If you want Andy Reid, the price is £5m."

Charlton boss Alan Curbishley and Manchester City coach Stuart Pearce were both at the City Ground last night, watching Forest's 1-1 draw with Ipswich.

And the Forest boss insisted the talented Irishman, who handed in a transfer request last week, will not be going anywhere until the Reds' valuation is met in full.

Kinnear said: "We have been quite clear and he will stay with us for the rest of the season if no one comes in with a £5m offer.

"The chairman has spoken to him and I understand we will let him go for £5m but I have told him not to pigeon-hole himself to one club.

"All of them come and watch our games.

"Alan Curbishley was here and so were people from Tottenham, Bolton and Manchester City and I am sure they are all looking at him.

"It is just that Spurs are the only ones who have put their money down.

"He is good enough to play in the Premiership and I know that from working with him every day.

"Without naming names, he is better than some who have gone into the top league. Just look at some of the people Liverpool have bought.

"Hopefully, he can stay here until at least Christmas and, having had another good half a season, we could move the goalposts. Because, if I was managing in the Premierhsip, I wouldn't hesitate to pay £5m for him."

Reid helped inspire the Reds to an excellent performance against the Tractor Boys but, after hitting the woodwork three times, they had to settle for a point.

Schumi
13/08/2004, 9:48 AM
Did he not turn down £5m from Spurs or someone before?

Pablo
13/08/2004, 10:46 AM
Did he not turn down £5m from Spurs or someone before?

In January it seems

Adrianovic
13/08/2004, 1:53 PM
I get tired of this attitude that because we're not a Premiership club, we should sell at what others dictate. Well bugger the big boys, we've got a chairman who is rich enough to turn down derisory offers for top players and that's what we'll damn well do if we want to.

I might argue Reider is worth every penny of the £5m, there are a shortage of players that have English football experience that play left midfield, he is only a young lad, he can beat players and cross a ball, he has played a number of international caps and done well in them, he comes from a club that has a good reputation of producing quality youngsters. Find me a player with the same credentials.

The bargain of the summer was in fact Rommedahl, but him aside, I think Reid is as good as its going to get and Forest know Spurs and Charlton have the money, so let's see their chequebook.

I'm not sure if many people outside of Forest are aware of this, but Reid was almost out on his backside, he was chubby, moody and not at all looking like a professional footballer.

His mate, Keith Foy, was in the same boat. Keith was a talented left back and then manager Paul Hart openly said Foy would be a first team regular IF he could get his fitness together and work hard at it. As it was, Foy didn't and a few months later had his contract terminated by Forest.

Reid was next in line. He could have quite easily gone then, but Forest gave him a chance, and to his massive credit, he took it.

Around December 2002 Reid found his fitness and started playing like a pro footballer for the reserves, Forest got a few injuries and Reid broke into the starting line up. He was just something else, creating goals for everyone and being one of the true stars. Reider continued his form until about Janaury 2004 when Spurs came in for him for £5m and Ricketts of the Rohan variety.

Forest were embroiled in a relegation battle and to be honest, Reid was doing everything for us at the time. We hadn't got a goal in three score years and didn't win for 18 games or something obscene. If we sold Reid we were doomed. So we didn't. Reid did sulk a bit though and his performance levels dropped, but luckily we got in Kinnear, Johnson came back and we did save ourselves.

For all the world, Forest fans, Forest management and Andy Reid assumed that we would get the money good and early for him and we'd spend it on an array of stars. No-one bid for him, and when they did, it was for considerabley less than before and we told them where to get off.

We played Ipswich Wednesday night and Reid found his old form again, running the midfield show and hit a sweet volley off the underside of the bar. He presented Forest's internet show the other day and looked much happier, so I think now he's happy to stay until we get good money for him.

Result all round.

I realise none of this post was essentially necessary, but you have to understand, as the fan of a 'Championship' club, I do get tired of the slurs from the Premiership clubs. We have the right to turn down bids for players if we want to. We've won the European Cup twice son, what have you done? (exlude Liverpool and Man U fans from this). :p

Ireland fans are desperate to see Reid perform at the highest level, and when we get £5m he will go, we all know the score. But until then, he's a Forest player and will hopefully do the business for us.

I thank you.

Ade