PDA

View Full Version : FAI Media Info

GalwayFrancis
03/08/2004, 4:45 PM
Media information - 03 August 2004

The Football Association of Ireland and the Irish Football Association will officially launch an All Ireland Club Tournament on Wednesday August 4 in Fitzwilliam Room, Fitzwilliam Hotel, Dublin 2 at 10:00 am.

All media are cordially invited to attend.

adamcarr
03/08/2004, 4:57 PM
Media information - 03 August 2004

The Football Association of Ireland and the Irish Football Association will officially launch an All Ireland Club Tournament on Wednesday August 4 in Fitzwilliam Room, Fitzwilliam Hotel, Dublin 2 at 10:00 am.

All media are cordially invited to attend.
Will they announce who is taking part?

GalwayFrancis
03/08/2004, 5:02 PM
Will they announce who is taking part?

I presume so... who do you think... I'd say : Shels, Bohs, Cork, maybe Derry or Drogs or Longford after there Cup Win???

adamcarr
03/08/2004, 5:03 PM
I presume so... who do you think... I'd say : Shels, Bohs, Cork, maybe Derry or Drogs or Longford after there Cup Win???
iD SAY $HELS bOHS cORK cITY AND lONGFORD!

max power
03/08/2004, 5:27 PM
derry might go to court to get a place in it :D

pete
03/08/2004, 5:31 PM
Soccercentral (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=13599&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

The competition was first revealed at the FAI's AGM in Derry early last month when Fran Rooney indicated he had secured a significant sponsorship deal for the eight team event subject to agreement from the Northern authorities.

Does that mean not for the IFA on board yet or that not at that stage?

:confused:

brendy_éire
03/08/2004, 6:28 PM
Does that mean not for the IFA on board yet or that not at that stage?

Naw, IFA said they're grand with it. It's just that it's the FAI doing most of the organising, AFAIK.

dortie
03/08/2004, 6:49 PM

Im sure there would be 'bumper crowds' at a Longford v Irish league team :rolleyes:

If its with merit then fair play, If i was sponsoring it id know the teams Id have in it.

Linfield
Glentoran
Coleraine
Portadown

Derry City
Bohemians
Shamrock Rovers
Cork City

Simple - Best possible crowds.

sullanefc
03/08/2004, 11:48 PM