PDA

View Full Version : rte to screen shels game

max power
03/08/2004, 4:19 PM
aren't rte our heros, showing a whole 4 matches this year :rolleyes:

from www.breakingnews.ie

RTÉ will screen tomorrow night's Champions League Second Qualifying Round Second Leg game between Shelbourne and Croatia's Hajduk Split live from Tolka Park, the national broadcaster announced this afternoon.

3-2 down from the first leg, Shels require at least a 1-0 win to advance.

Pat Dolan joins Peter Collins for RTÉ's coverage, which begins at 6.50pm on RTÉ Network

adamcarr
03/08/2004, 4:22 PM
A live game! :eek: At least they are trying :rolleyes: .Still I will be watching it!

max power
03/08/2004, 4:24 PM
so will i, in tolka itself.

pete
03/08/2004, 5:00 PM
Pat Dolan joins Peter Collins for RTÉ's coverage, which begins at 6.50pm on RTÉ Network 2.

Shel$ are done for now. Good old RTE jinx ;)

Peter Collins will have fun trying to keep Dolan on topic. Expect numerous RTE bashings during live commentary.

Presumably Peter Collins is only presenting the show as opposed to commentating?

:eek:

Slash/ED
03/08/2004, 6:14 PM
Well fair play to them I suppose, I was slagging them off for not showing it but at last they've got the finger out. I'll probably record it myself, in fairness to RTE when they do bother their arses showing domestic football or domestic teams in Europe their presentation is normally very good.

tiktok
03/08/2004, 6:19 PM
Are you not worried that it'll keep the attendance down Slash/Ed?

Or will the TV money cover any lost gate receipts?

Slash/ED
03/08/2004, 6:26 PM
It might do, but alot of the people who were going have already bought their tickets. I think that's why RTE announced their coverage so late. Anyway, last year Bohs sold out against Rosenborg despite RTE covering didn't they? They definitely got a massive crowd anyway.

eoinh
03/08/2004, 7:28 PM
Expect numerous RTE bashings during live commentary.

I should hope so. They deserve it. Bash them Pat.

This match takes the combined attendances ofIrish clubs in europe this season home and away to well over 90,000.

Anybody else think they are covering it because the croats are a proud nation and they want to see it in Croatia ?. As RTE are probably screening it for them they've decided to throw it on for the crack.

Damn and it means i miss that great movie that was gong to be on Network 2!

patsh
03/08/2004, 8:35 PM
It will be interesting to see how Dolan dresses up insults to $h£l$ as compliments......;)

thecorner
03/08/2004, 8:48 PM
It will be interesting to see how Dolan dresses up insults to $h£l$ as compliments......;)

should be fun

id say dolan couldnt resist to take this on board

a chace to have a go off the fai and rte live on television.

should be interesting

cue: they should have been showing the intertoto q-f as well

go on dolan.we know you cant resist

max power
03/08/2004, 8:51 PM

do rte broadcast i widescreen :rolleyes:

eL Bettor
04/08/2004, 7:19 AM
IMO the live coverage will seriously affect attendance.
The 3500 tickets for 'real' fans at the gate definitely won't sell out now.
Anyoone know how much RTE pay Shels for the coverage?
Fair play to RTE although it doesnt sound like it'll be much of a studio effort, with the programme only beginning 10 mins before KO.

eoinh
04/08/2004, 7:49 AM
Fair play to RTE

What!

This is the 14th match by an Irish Club in Europe this season. Its a disgrace thats what it is.

The croats are a footballing nation and would probably be clamoring for the match over there so RTE would be covering it for them anyway.

I hate RTE with all my heart and soul

corkharps
04/08/2004, 9:38 AM
do rte broadcast i widescreen :rolleyes:

I hope they fixed the ladder up to the gantry! :D

max power
04/08/2004, 9:40 AM
rte don't care about that, any injury to a person or damage to equipment comes out of the licence fee which we provide so we'll pay for it any way :D

max power
04/08/2004, 9:45 AM
rte don't care about that, any injury to a person or damage to equipment comes out of the licence fee which we provide so we'll pay for it any way :D

DolansWaistcoat
04/08/2004, 10:27 AM
I'd say rte are only showing the game because shels have a chance to get through and face depor and rte don't want to be seen as jumping on the bandwagon when they break their legs to get the right to show that game against the spainish giants. :mad:

sullanefc
04/08/2004, 9:28 PM
In fairness to RTE anytime they do cover a game its done well. Way better than TV3 anyways. And tonight was no exception, very professional except for George Hamiltons numerous guffs. 1) Said Shels were 11 pts clear in the league 2) Called Ollie Cahill, Pat Fenlon 3) and called Pat Fenlon, Fat Penlon :rolleyes: :D 4) Worst of all he used the expression danger here when Split were closing in on goal. did he want to jinx it or what?????

gspain
04/08/2004, 10:33 PM
I didn't see the TV coverage but in fairness when RTE cover games they do a very good job eg Rosenborg v Bohs last year too. It is the lack of quantity that is the issue.

Aertel are clearly a joke but otherwise RTE have decent programming but they normally ignore local football.

Gary
04/08/2004, 10:39 PM
Roody Collins certainly cemented his place as the biggest fool, and eL hater that there ever was.

He wrote off Shels before the game and at HT, while Pat Dolan (who dislikes Shels as much as the next man) heaped praise and encouragment on them.

Fair play to Ollie Byrne for acknowledging that as well.

Sheridan
04/08/2004, 10:51 PM
Roody Collins certainly cemented his place as the biggest fool, and eL hater that there ever was.

He wrote off Shels before the game and at HT, while Pat Dolan (who dislikes Shels as much as the next man) heaped praise and encouragment on them.

Not just supporting Roddy for the obvious reasons, but I have to say I agreed with the note of caution he was sounding at half time. eL hater? Did you notice that he kept using the words "us" and "we" in relation to Shels? Struck me as very odd, that.

I personally felt Shels were going to concede in exactly the same circumstances that killed Bohs off against Rosenborg last year; players trying to work one-twos, underhitting the pass and then haring forward, thus taking two Shels players out of the game and leaving themselves vulnerable to a counter-attack. Fortuantely, they copped on and stopped doing it in the second half.

pete
05/08/2004, 9:40 AM
RTE always do better live coverage than TV3 but not hard.

Main problem last night was George Hamilton left on his own with no co-commentator to take over when George about to talk sh!te.

Could see Dolan straining at the leash to have a rant :D

petef
05/08/2004, 12:28 PM
In fairness to RTE anytime they do cover a game its done well. Way better than TV3 anyways. And tonight was no exception, very professional except for George Hamiltons numerous guffs. 1) Said Shels were 11 pts clear in the league 2) Called Ollie Cahill, Pat Fenlon 3) and called Pat Fenlon, Fat Penlon :rolleyes: :D 4) Worst of all he used the expression danger here when Split were closing in on goal. did he want to jinx it or what?????

Danger Here! Lovin it!

tiktok
05/08/2004, 12:56 PM
Danger Here! Lovin it!

too right...

www.dangerhere.com :D :D