PDA

View Full Version : derry match

lowflyingseagul
10/03/2012, 9:49 AM
that was a a tough watch , other than marty waters , no one came out of it well . derryy were excellent even before went down to 10 men . ref was **** poor too but we would have got thrashed anyway

Roo69
10/03/2012, 11:09 AM
I thought the first 15/20 minutes were even enough but after that Derry just took control and dominated the game. 100% deserved their win.

But what can you say about little Anthony Buttimer. 3 MASSIVE MASSIVE decisions he got wrong when in my mind they were very very easy decisions. 7 seconds before Derry scored their 2nd goal, Greacen blocked a Jay Byrne cross with his hand, stone wall peno for me. Quigley should never have been sent off, it was a terrible decison, you know when the opposition manager comes over to say sorry you have been hard done by. And how Greacen was'nt sent off for chopping down Waters when clean through on goal. Just a terrible all round performance by him and the bad thing is nothing will happen about it.

The Fox
12/03/2012, 8:58 AM
I thought that Derry were much the better team but 4-0 really flattered them.

The penalty decision when they went down the field and scored in 30 seconds was tough. Our players have to stay focussed though - they must play the whistle.

The nearside linesman was very poor - way behind play, missing offsides regularily - i thought ~Derry were offside in the build up to the second goal - linesman was 10 yards behind!
He was also in a good position for several bad fouls - a couple that warrented cards didnt even get frees.
MNS will be worth a look.

We have a small squad - if we good get a regular back 4 out in a couple of weeks time i think that things will look up.
Graham Kelly was shocking however - very poor passing and little determination to win the ball back!

Seagull
15/03/2012, 4:50 PM
According to the club website, Quigley's red card was overturned and he's available for the UCD game...

lawman
15/03/2012, 9:25 PM
According to the club website, Quigley's red card was overturned and he's available for the UCD game...

Buttimer informed fai of error based on information provided by assistant ref.... fair play to him.

Captain2007
17/03/2012, 9:54 AM
Buttimer informed fai of error based on information provided by assistant ref.... fair play to him.

smells of us refs must stick together (Lawman), no excuse for getting it wrong in the first place, not the only crucial decision he failed to see (blatant handball), all game changing decisions, IMO Buttimer should be demoted to 1st Division.