PDA

View Full Version : under21s away to Ramblers

joe
02/08/2004, 8:31 PM
Tuesday, 7.30 pm, at St Colmans Park

Ruairi
03/08/2004, 2:42 PM
anyone headin down? 8-0 last time at bishopstown but it should be a bit tighter today.

gamble started in the last u-21 game so he might start again 2nite hopefully to get his match fitness up.

yan
03/08/2004, 9:05 PM
any score from this tonite lads?? and scorers if any?? :rolleyes:

Gary
03/08/2004, 9:09 PM
City 1 - 0 Cobh. Nolan scored.

Good enough game. City easily had 75% of the possesion, but didnt really create to much.

Ray Lally was brilliant on the left wing. Looks like with a bit of nurturing, could make the step up in the future.

Hoggy as captain played a very solid game at left back. Took a few bad tackles but thankfully walked away unscathed.

Gamble was poor, but defo showed glimpses of what he is supposedly capable of.

Jamie Nolan was MOTM. The guy is class and should be 3rd choice striker ahead of Behan.

Behan was poor tonight.

Colin O Shea at right back was very good as well. Just home from Leicester, he will be pushing for a 1st team spot soon. Id even go as far as saying that he would push Greg down more in the line for RB.

cobhrambler 16
03/08/2004, 9:25 PM
ramblers were crap!

city deserved the win.

SSS
04/08/2004, 7:35 PM
Jamie Nolan was MOTM. The guy is class and should be 3rd choice striker ahead of Behan.

Behan was poor tonight.

Colin O Shea at right back was very good as well. Just home from Leicester, he will be pushing for a 1st team spot soon. Id even go as far as saying that he would push Greg down more in the line for RB.

Wasn't there last night but I've seen him a couple of times. He's good alright. Not a Hoggie yet by any means, but he does stand out a bit in the U21 games. Did Aidan "Minty" Murray ( God I sound like Spillage with his "Fabio", "Zico" stuff) play against Cobh - he's been very good and strong in the few games I've seen him play.

As for Nolan - he's class no doubt. His partnership with Behan in the U21 team a couple of years ago was great to watch. Hope he keeps developing.