PDA

View Full Version : New security

Éanna
01/08/2004, 1:50 PM
new stewards/security firm friday night at the waterford game. apparently after the complaints about the last shower, the club decided to get rid. well done club! who says they don't listen to us ;)

niamh
01/08/2004, 1:59 PM
Been a few issues with the last lot alright and good to know that the club can act decisively when they want to.

ConfusedBlue
01/08/2004, 6:35 PM
Is that why 1 of our lads was thrown out before the game?????

I thought that was a bit harsh just because he was seen letting off 1 of the smoke bombs.thought it would only add to the atmosphere!!!

Pablo
01/08/2004, 6:57 PM
Is that why 1 of our lads was thrown out before the game?????

I thought that was a bit harsh just because he was seen letting off 1 of the smoke bombs.thought it would only add to the atmosphere!!!

They are banned from all league grounds. you're confused alright :rolleyes:

patsh
02/08/2004, 9:03 AM
I have to say I felt this new crowd were quite aggressive and a bit over the top.

First time ever I had words with a steward at the Cross, but after being agressively ordered about by 3 different stewards in the time it took me to enter the ground and walk up the steps, I told the last guy exactly what he could do with himself. I hope this was an aberration, and "first night" nerves, and the Men In Black realise that they are not in an episode of 24.

ConfusedBlue
02/08/2004, 5:41 PM
They are banned from all league grounds. you're confused alright
Funny that,seen as we use them in the RSC without any problems and have used them in Tolka Park and Richmond Park without any hassle!!!!

De Town
02/08/2004, 5:44 PM
Funny that,seen as we use them in the RSC without any problems and have used them in Tolka Park and Richmond Park without any hassle!!!!

Well obviously the security in those grounds is pretty sh!t then

thecorner
03/08/2004, 10:50 AM
what about the"security " at drogheda

fcuking tossers the lot of em

Eric
03/08/2004, 11:44 AM
I was impressed by the new security firm at the X last week. Very professional outfit and not just a bunch of fellas who go to watch the match for free!!!

Colm
03/08/2004, 1:02 PM
After witnessing the security in Drogheda last night, we should be grateful for how professional (most) of our own security is.
The stewards last night were a joke, taunting City fans, trying to pick fights, making smart comments etc. They're lucky we're such a mild mannered group! ;) :D
I was speaking to a Guard afterwards and his exact words were "these guys haven't a clue, they'll have a job on their hands when Shamrock Rovers come up next week"

patsh
03/08/2004, 1:18 PM
Ahh they weren't that bad, its just that some of us (:o) got a bit hot headed......

TBH, they should have thrown me out after my "conversation" with the linesman.....:eek:

thecorner
03/08/2004, 1:19 PM
Ahh they weren't that bad, its just that some of us (:o) got a bit hot headed......

eek:

we got a bit hot headed but not without reason

the pregnant fella with the tash was some fcuking @sshole

Neil
03/08/2004, 3:47 PM
i couldnt believe they threatened to expel some city fans from the ground cos they shouted abuse at the linesman cos of the sh!t poor decisions he made. they were really ott about the protection the gave the linesman.
They have to protect their own

pete
03/08/2004, 4:54 PM
Good to see security at the cross watching the crowd instead of the game.

Thought "security" @ Drogs was funny, when linesman being "spoken to" by group of city fans they hadn't a clue what to do.

Fair_play_boy
03/08/2004, 10:05 PM
Ok, if the boys in suits with the microphones in their sleeves are the new security, who are the orange coloured brigade? Volunteers? They were there last week too. One of them, blond girl with an english accent, was a lasher to boot. Not that I wasn't watching the game of course.
P.S. Liked the comparison to an episode of 24 above.

Eric
04/08/2004, 1:49 PM
The guys in suits are the supervisors.

Lads I don't know how ye can say that the protection given to the linesman in Drogheda was ott. If I was working at it, not as a steward but my normal job, I'd have thrown at least 5 City fans out the other night :D

pete
04/08/2004, 1:50 PM
Lads I don't know how ye can say that the protection given to the linesman in Drogheda was ott. If I was working at it, not as a steward but my normal job, I'd have thrown at least 5 City fans out the other night :D

Agree with that although think THE steward thought better of getting involved as was heavily outnumbered.

patsh
04/08/2004, 2:05 PM
If I was working at it, not as a steward but my normal job, I'd have thrown at least 5 City fans out the other night :DI already agreed with you. I should have gone. Embarrased about the whole thing now.....:o

NorthoftheLee
04/08/2004, 2:33 PM
I already agreed with you. I should have gone. Embarrased about the whole thing now.....:o

ya think about the poor children in future Pat.... :D

thecorner
04/08/2004, 2:36 PM
The guys in suits are the supervisors.

am i one of the lucky ones that you were off-duty ;)

Colm
04/08/2004, 11:01 PM

That's just cause you like to abuse your position of power!! :D :D

Most away fans behave far worse than City fans did the other night, City fans did nothing more than shout (a lot of) abuse and to throw a few of us out would have only caused uneccessary hassle.
Now as for the Drogs fans who walked past the City section and gave us the two fingers, they should have been thrown out!

thecorner
04/08/2004, 11:20 PM
Now as for the Drogs fans who walked past the City section and gave us the two fingers, they should have been thrown out!

bad form u wouldnt shake his hand :mad:

Colm
04/08/2004, 11:54 PM
bad form u wouldnt shake his hand :mad:

Not at all, I had to stand by my principles!
Was he slow or what though? He gave the City fans the two fingers and a then a mere half an hour later he wanted to shake hands.

Eric
06/08/2004, 12:04 PM
Not at all, I had to stand by my principles!

What principles????? :rolleyes:

Some fans do behave worse than City fans but the other night the way that some City fans were acting was totally over the top and it was uncalled for. The gardai who were there had no interest in being there and it was obvious that the two of them had no experience working at matches.

I wouldn't have been abusing my position of power had I thrown 5 people out. It would have gotten rid of the main abusers and quietened the rest of the people down.

Regardless of what some people think their opinions are not the be all and end of of everything and just because they are angry at a decision by a linemans does not give them the right to act like cavemen!