PDA

View Full Version : You know... it's never going to be about our best back four

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Xlex
05/11/2001, 12:10 PM
It is well known and ranted by moi that the best back four we have for the time being is:

Murph, Macca, Stewie, Greg O'Halleran

Did we just look the business against $hel$??

a large pat o' the back for xlex..... :D :D

YOU DO KNOW THAT THIS THREAD IS NEVER GOING TO BE ABOUT OUR BEST BACK FOUR...

ITS APPROPIATE TO NOTE THAT I CANNOT BE RESPONCIBLE FOR THIS!!!

Macy
05/11/2001, 12:15 PM
No credit at all - you fail to mention the fact that the midfield of Rennie and Vinny played so well. The protection they offered the defence was a large factor in this. Lavine is just God.
Apparently, so Kirbs was telling some of the lads, that the new tatic is not to concede, and then see what happens. Rather than the all out attack that we're used. Three games in - draw away to league leaders Rovers, 3-0 hammering of some no mark team from westmeath, and a home win against the $heliban. Town are back!

Xlex
05/11/2001, 12:22 PM
Stop bitch-slapping me.......:D :D

I was talking about the back four......... but was talking to Vinny last saturday night, and i'm in awe of the terrible butcher boy, he's a gentleman...... Rennie was outstanding, a real rock i lár na páirce. EL was el magnifico also........ Brilliant result... Not to mention to class job Alan Murphy/Buckie-Quick nip did on Richie Baker.......... excellent :D

Pauro 76
05/11/2001, 12:35 PM
Fantastic result, sorry i couldnt be there, ex-housemates 21st i couldnt get out of!!! Lavine has been an inspiration all season, would love to see him top scorer for the league. Heard about the Richie Baker job, well done to the Quick Nip/Bucky lads!!! Class!!!Anyone any idea about buses to the Derry match? And why is Xlex practising his Gaelige.....

Xlex
05/11/2001, 12:44 PM
....promo night in angels.....

Suppose the gaelige is just suttle GAA speak....

Macy
05/11/2001, 1:02 PM
Not arguing that that's got to be the starting back four (I seem to remember us talking about this before, and being in agreement), but the role of the midfield in protecting the defence was crucial. Our main problem has been that the back four have been too exposed. I think that is the real key to the improved defencive displays of recent games. Rennie being back is a great help.

Xlex
05/11/2001, 1:13 PM
Ah yeah Macy.... agreed and all.....

Rennie is without doubt (Digger excepted) our best and most consistant preformer this season.

Why didn't Rennie make the field against U.C.D?

thats where the discussion came about before. Vinny replacing
him for the suspension, but vinny was outstanding. therefore
how could we make the room for Rennie in midfield without
dropping the valuable Vinny. And so it was, the great one at
centre back. Rennies and vinny protection and Stewies mobility
and tenacity in centre back have served our general defence very
well. This new outlook on games is also a very correct one for the times we live in.

BTW. What is your general opinion on Kirby??

Macy
05/11/2001, 2:11 PM
Not all that impressed to be honest. Dr Blue the Waterford fan told me at one of the supercup games that Rennie was the signing.... he reckoned that Kirby only produces for the big games, whereas Rennie will produce week in, week out. He shows a lot of potential, but I won't judge him on the big games. He needs to do the business against the clubs that we need to beat as well. If he plays well against the likes of Bray, Dundalk, Mons and Galway as well as in the big games I'd be happier with him.

fosterdollar
05/11/2001, 9:16 PM
any news on the michael owen signing???

an 'rock'
06/11/2001, 2:25 PM
i had a dream the other night
i couldn't sleep a wink
xalex was picking the longford team
and I was trying to get off the drink

now maccers back in inichore
he's living with his ma
and stephen kenny has been declared an honoury longford man
...but do ya remember the ranting alco from the banks of section q
doesn't he think he's picking the team...da da da da etc(a la christy)

Pauro 76
06/11/2001, 3:33 PM
Ahhhh an Rock, the poet!!!! Good stuff boy! Christy himself would be proud..... :cool:

Xlex
06/11/2001, 3:37 PM
an 'rock', the literary genius, well done,

because you got high, all five foot of it!!

Macy
06/11/2001, 3:52 PM
because you got high, all five foot of it!!

Yeah, not so much a Rock, more of a large pebble ;)

an 'rock'
06/11/2001, 5:26 PM
I would write a nice long responce but it would take all day... and I couldn't be a r s e d!

But both Macy and Xalex are womens names (nicknames I might add you both choose for yourselves! does any one else see where I'm going with this...)

Pauro 76
06/11/2001, 6:37 PM
Apparantly "Pauro" in Italian means "leek". Thats my wearing my LTFC jersey in Milan fcuked then.... Havent heard of a lassie called Xlex though ;) unless you have, an Rock!!!

Xlex
07/11/2001, 9:29 AM
I'ld say 'an rock' remembers a lot when he bumps into something/one, he probably comes off alot worse!!

Pauro, you look as if your up the duff in ure LTFC shirts.

Macy
07/11/2001, 10:21 AM
Actually, I never gave myself the name, and only used it hide my ID when I started writing for the prog. (and then butch put in my real name!). Rather a girls name, than a fookin stupid wrestler. Peoples elbow my @rse ;)

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 11:30 AM
Its the jacket under the LTFC shirt, thats causing the illusion!! tHATS the invite for the christening for you gone then Xlex! ;)

Xlex
07/11/2001, 12:45 PM
..... That trend maybe catching on..... alot of the Town players were on the beer saturday night, and they maybe a few jacket wearing female fans knocking about....... in the near future....:eek:

Pauros expertise in the matter maybe required!!! ;)

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 1:30 PM
What and leave the lassies with no jackets!! Wheres the gentleman in ya Xlex!!! ;)

Macy
07/11/2001, 1:44 PM
Yeah, apparently there were a lot of Town players in Blazers - so w@nkers kept coming up and telling me, wouldn't just leave me the fook alone.....

Xlex
07/11/2001, 2:04 PM
... Buckfast and footie combined with loudness, and in any case its very hard to hear anything, To talk sence with buckfast and try to listen is serious work... fancy Town players going out after the likes of the U.C.D. job.......... anyway alot of pole vaulting young ones...... Pauro were you involved??? Did a mighty impressive job on the young girls at the athlone game........ at the ripe old age of 24, your a genius!!!

an 'rock'
07/11/2001, 2:17 PM
Pauro, ya went about chatting your one up at the athlone game all wrong:

1. you used 4 letter words, knowing well she's only learned a b c so far!

2. you acted like a gentleman(sap) and gave her your coat, young keeno asked her for a blow job, (got wet but apparently got it at the pop fizz)

3. you didn't go to the pop fizz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fool!

Macy
07/11/2001, 2:49 PM
I'd just like to inform everyone that Pauro is in fact 25, now. He celebrated it in the company of, how should I put this, a lady of questionable attractiveness up in Dublin (so Longfordlion said). Trying to rob birds off a 14 year old, with admittedly stupid hair, is just totally out of line. And to think my standards used to be questioned, and I did nothing (or no one) compared to this.....

Xlex
07/11/2001, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by Macy
And to think my standards used to be questioned, and I did nothing (or no one) compared to this.....

Standards, whats this all about??

Observe Pauro, a true gentleman!!

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 3:30 PM
Oh my God lads, your painting a very bad picture of myself here!!!! I could have said no to lending my jacket, but i was getting stick about wearing it so i thought feck it and lent it to the person in question! I'll leave the lamping young wans to the young wans!!! And as for the "lady of questionable attractiveness", she is in fact a really nice lass and she might yet make an LTFC game (maybe).....

Xlex
07/11/2001, 3:35 PM
Are you sure it's not a LRFC game, she might make instead.

I could think of a few positions... :D

Macy
07/11/2001, 4:00 PM
I'm quitting while I'm ahead, not getting involved in this. btw Pauro I'm talking about the one from your birthday night, not the current one that no one has seen. Don't advise bringing her to the match until you're solid - you don't want to be seen swearing, abusing, singing stupid songs out of tune and doing the Longford Roar. I'd say at least until you're living with her......

Xlex
07/11/2001, 4:02 PM
Macy must be lining up his missus for her debut!!!

IMO, Pauro's longford roar will strenghten his relationship!!

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 4:07 PM
Oh yeah, THAT one, less said the better i reckon!! Aftershocks do funny things to people....Anyway the Longford Roar is a lesser known mating call....

Macy
07/11/2001, 4:29 PM
No where near making her debut, esp. after meeting most of the Bucky army in Valentines when it was getting on for 11.30 on a match day Saturday, by which time they were extremly drunk even by their (our?) standards.

As if she hasn't got a low enough impression of me after that......

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 4:40 PM
Wise words Macy, reckon new girlfriends and LTFC games dont mix. Sure she'll make her debut along the line though!

Macy
07/11/2001, 4:48 PM
Not sure about that, as I don't think she can think of anything worse than going to watch a football match in the p!ssing rain and/or freezing cold. I'd rather not have the restriction at the match - jesus I might have to become a 'yes man' and go in the stand if went the match! How bad would that be - having to go into the stand because of the bird.....

Xlex
07/11/2001, 4:55 PM
What the hell is wrong with the yes men???

Must be all jealous of the fact I can mix the LTFC with my girlfriend...... I can p!ss off to the pub for the footie and she understands, what a life!

Then again, I am xlex!!! No stranger to 'the life'.

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 4:55 PM
Cant think of anything worse than that.... apart from herself not letting ya go to the match full stop!

Macy
07/11/2001, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
apart from herself not letting ya go to the match full stop!
That all depends on what she has in mind, when she doesn't want you to go the match.... ;)

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 5:10 PM
So long as its not Saturday shopping its fine with me!!!!! :)

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 5:19 PM
Ah but would Xlex have "the life" when herself reads this!!!!! ;)

Xlex
07/11/2001, 5:25 PM
It's as good as it get's Pauro!!............

ure jealously is creeping in.................. :D

Mind you I could be in for public flogging..... how embarrassing... :o

then again worse things could happen...........

Originally posted by PAURO 7
apart from herself not letting ya go to the match full stop!

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 5:43 PM
Very clever and stylish use of the quote facility i have to say! Me, jealous of you, heh heh heh!

Macy
08/11/2001, 9:51 AM
Fight, Fight, Fight :)

Anyway, football is a lads game, never mind the girls...... ;)

Pauro 76
08/11/2001, 10:29 AM
Fight??? Never, anyway im a pacifist! Peace man....and women... ;)

Xlex
08/11/2001, 11:38 AM
Lads...... Are youse aware this is the longest thread ever in the history of this forum!!!

Let's get p!ssed...... :cool: :cool:

Macy
08/11/2001, 11:52 AM
What? Go out drinking? On a Thursday night?

Never

Definitely.

:D

Pauro 76
08/11/2001, 12:13 PM
Any excuse for a ****-up, ya know!!!! Can the Cork boys beat this!!! :cool:

Pauro 76
08/11/2001, 12:18 PM
thats P I S S - U P!!! Damn censors....

Sinéad
08/11/2001, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Fight, Fight, Fight :)

Anyway, football is a lads game, never mind the girls...... ;)

Hmmmm....I think there is only one way to solve this

THE WAY TO DRINK SMIRNOFF ICE...
Valentines, Saturday Night and I'll show you its done!! And if "Xlex" says its his trick don't listen to him....He can do it but I own the rights to it!

After Saturday night we'll soon be on the same wave length...Football is everyones game! After all we all play with balls! :rolleyes:

Pauro 76
08/11/2001, 4:26 PM
Your on!! Wont be there Sat night meself, not that im chickening out or anything!!! Why cant all things be sorted this way..... ;)

Xlex
08/11/2001, 4:32 PM
Pauro will be off playing with his b@lls.... :D

Sinéad
08/11/2001, 4:36 PM
Hold on! Are ye all letting girls get in the way of the LTFC games??? I'd never let a man come between me and (a) football. PLEASE NOTE. You will need to read this a few times to get the joke.

Xlex (Do I have to call you that?)...you do know how LUCKY you are.. Or do I need to point it out AGAIN!!!!