PDA

View Full Version : Big Jack to have hip replacement after accident

Lionel Ritchie
02/03/2012, 11:02 AM
Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Took a nasty spill on a staircase at home and had to crawl to a phone as he was alone in the house. Lucky man. This is the kind of thing that often has a tragic outcome

More here (http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/leeds_united_legend_breaks_hip_in_stairs_fall_upda ted_1_4304243)

Stuttgart88
02/03/2012, 11:06 AM
Same thing happened my mum. She had already had 2 hips replaced when one popped out while getting out of the bath. She crawled to the door and banged on it as loud as she could. My dad's very deaf and after 10 minutes shouted upstairs "can you hear a banging noise?". My mum laughs about it now!

Drumcondra 69er
02/03/2012, 12:24 PM
Get well soon Big man. Gave me some of the best days of my life, the qualifiers for 1990 and 1992 in particular were immense, started going on my own around 84 or so and was well enconsed in on the South Terrace when he took over, 88 was a funny campaign with some poor draws and going behind to Luxembourg before sneaking a 2-1, the rest of that campaign no one really thought we'd much of a chance so it was a bit subdued but the qualifiers for 90 really kicked off, great days! Seats came in for 94 which reduced the capacity by 20k and killed the atmosphere but anyone who was there the previous 4 years will know what I mean, never known atmospheres like it......