PDA

View Full Version : Greg Transfer Request

SSS
31/07/2004, 6:04 PM
Can't say I'm surprised.
Noel S announced it on Red Bench

Greg should have been in at RB (Lordan has done fine, but Greg is stronger IMO) while Hoggie was out.

I reckon Steve O'Flynn and eventually Gamble will follow suit.

RedX
31/07/2004, 6:17 PM
I wonder will Rovers come in for him?... :D

I have to say Cillian Lordan is a better footballer than Greg and should be in the side before him.Greg is a good player to have in the squad but not good enough to get in right now.Greg is an erratic player on the ball and capable of anything.Cillian Lordan is getting better and better and is a lot more composed on the ball.

Gamble has just arrived and S O Flynn is just back from injury.They have to fight to get in.How you can say they will soon hand in transfer requests is a bit premature :confused:

DolansWaistcoat
31/07/2004, 6:28 PM
Greg is stronger physically than Lordan but that will change when Cillian does a bit of weight training in the gym.Lordan deserves his place for his performances the last couple of months and now that Hoggie is back then Greg knows he is third choice right back and his chances will be few and far between.Plus with Colin and Georgie playing great together in the centre of midfield and Gamble,Sweeney and Nwanko also trying for that position there is nowhere for Greg.I'd be sorry to see him go but his days a first team regular are gone so I don't blame him.

SSS
01/08/2004, 9:18 AM
Gamble has just arrived and S O Flynn is just back from injury.They have to fight to get in.How you can say they will soon hand in transfer requests is a bit premature :confused:

Obviously I'm not talking about tomorrow or soon, but Steve had a bust up with Liam Murphy because he thought he should have been in the team three years ago and only signed a one-year with City this time in case things didn't work out in terms of first team football.
Gamble didn't come back to warm the bench either, and has a fairly high opinion of himself.
I reckon these are the two most likely to cause trouble in the context of us having such a huge squad.
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...and hopefully never.

Éanna
01/08/2004, 12:35 PM
I'd hate to see Greg go, but there's no way any of the lads on the bench can expect to get in the team right now unless there are injuries or suspensions, because they've been playing so well- how could you drop any of them?!

DolansWaistcoat
01/08/2004, 1:42 PM
Ya we can't rock the boat now because the starting eleven we have at the moment is doing the business but all it takes is 2 or 3 bad results from us and ppl will start saying we need to freshen up and change things around a bit,but I hope that we keep winning and don't have to do this.

All the best managers keep the same 13 or 14 players in rotation and we are starting to know who our best team is now,so make as little change as possible I say.

Gary
02/08/2004, 3:13 PM
but Steve had a bust up with Liam Murphy because he thought he should have been in the team three years ago

If Noel Hartigan was getting his game ahead of me week in week out, I would walk as well. Flynn will fight hard for a 1st team place now, because its a team worth fighting for. City 3 years ago, under LM was a joke.

Eric
03/08/2004, 11:16 AM
because they've been playing so well- how could you drop any of them?!

Don't think it's really a question of dropping players, I'd say more likely give them a rest!!!

Having watched the 3 games after our Euro run it's fairly obvious that some of the players are physically drained. I tought Greg should've played against UCD and possibly should've come on last night.

I'd hate to see him go but the man has to start thinking about himself in terms of getting first team football.

I reckon he'll team up with Reynolds

pete
03/08/2004, 1:58 PM
Lordan is ahead of Greg on merit. When Lordan was out injured Greg had a chance to keep the RB slot but he didn't play well enough to keep it.

Hard to see what position Greg will get a game in future.

Pablo
03/08/2004, 2:25 PM
Waterford? if he went to them? i'd be well p!ssed off

max power
03/08/2004, 2:30 PM
wouldn't mind seeing him in red n black......

Peadar
03/08/2004, 2:49 PM
start supporting Bohemians F.C.

Don't you mean "Bohemian FC"?

Max, he's been there so he knows what it's like.
You don't honeslty think you'll trick him into going back?

max power
03/08/2004, 2:50 PM
some people don't realise who has played for peader, na he'd do a job and at least he'd get to play in a cup final ;)

Peadar
03/08/2004, 3:06 PM
at least he'd get to play in a cup final ;)

Are you sure he hasn't already represented us in this competition?

max power
03/08/2004, 3:09 PM
which one, we could be in two finals this year again :D

Peadar
03/08/2004, 3:17 PM
which one, we could be in two finals this year again :D

If I remember correctly he started for us against Limerick in our 0-2 defeat.
You will be hard pushed to make it to the FAI Cup final again this year.
I'd actually bet agianst it.

Longfordian
08/08/2004, 7:01 PM
Decent player on his day, commitment can be suspect though, but for €10,000 or more I wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. Free transfer maybe, fee no

tippman
08/08/2004, 8:29 PM
waterford need players but 9000 is a bit much, if i were managing id pay 4 or 5000 tops

Pablo
08/08/2004, 10:56 PM
According to the BRB and Noel Spillane, City have rejected a bid of €9000 from Waterford for O'Halloran.

City fans have seen what he can do. i'd like to see him more involved with us but at the end of the day he wants first team action.

10k is about fair IMO

Fair_play_boy
09/08/2004, 6:19 AM
I reckon he'll team up with Reynolds
O'Halloran and Reynolds on a team against City?
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK. Soccer's equilavent to WMD!!!!!

Gary
09/08/2004, 5:06 PM
I would have thought €9k + his full time wages off the books would have been quite appealling to the club?

jobber
09/08/2004, 5:43 PM
To leave Greg go is a big mistake in my opinion. He is fiercely commited on the pitch,has lots of experience and at this moment I believe he is a better player than Lordan.Lordan was shown up big time against Nantes away and had a difficult outing against Waterford recently. I fear that Ollie Cahill will burn him on Friday.Apparently Dolan wants all his players to be one big happy family but I'd prefer someone like Greg chomping at the bit to play.It's a squad game and I think Greg deserved a run when others were playing below par.I am not surprised he is going and when he returns to the cross with whoever he'll get a loud cheer from me.I'm sure I won't be the only one. For Christ's sake we need someone who can actually tackle. :confused:

Eric
10/08/2004, 2:07 PM
I fear that Ollie Cahill will burn him on Friday.

Hopefully Lordan will be able to learn something from getting burned by Cahill on Friday and that way he will be up to the task on marking Ollie in the match on SATURDAY!!! :rolleyes:

I'm a big Greg fan as well but from what I've been hearing lately he's been having a bit of an attitude problem within the City camp.

We've sufficient cover at right back with Hoggie and Lordan and more than enough people trying to get a game in centre mid-field so maybe the time has come for him to leave

thecorner
10/08/2004, 2:33 PM
Hopefully Lordan will be able to learn something from getting burned by Cahill on Friday and that way he will be up to the task on marking Ollie in the match on SATURDAY!!! :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

I'm a big Greg fan as well but from what I've been hearing lately he's been having a bit of an attitude problem within the City camp.

as with gunther and also when on loan at longford

seems to be a pattern

Fair_play_boy
14/08/2004, 11:24 PM
Even tho Greg seems to be out of favour with Dolan (probably an understatement) I think he would have lifted city hearts today with his physical presence, and his "can do" attitude. The way Shelsea threw their weight around, we could have done with his tackling strength today. 90% of the time when Shels gained possession, City players gave them ages to settle on the ball. I could not imagine it being that way if Greg was in the frame.