31/07/2004, 2:57 AM
was critical at the start but how he is proving influential

everything goes thru him

the link between midfield and flynny

bet flynny loves playing with him

he really showed 2nite what waterford let go

patsh
31/07/2004, 10:54 AM
He went through a bad patch, and didn't seem to be playing well or seem interested, but he has become a fantastic player for us. I wanted him to come here, was very critical of him for a while, but am thrilled and delighted with him now.

niamh
31/07/2004, 11:34 AM
Particularly fetching picture of him in the Star today at the side of the scrum v Waterford.
But I agree. Wasn't sure about Fenn at the start, but he has done very well lately
...besides walking down a street in Nantes with it lashing rain and himself with his sun glasses on :rolleyes:

ThaddyQuill
31/07/2004, 7:04 PM
Fenn has been brilliant in the European games and has carried that form into last nights game. He never seems to take more than 3 touches of the ball before laying a great pass to a player in space. I thought he was the man of the match last night. I think his parnership with Flynn is still to reach its potential but when it does, they could really push City that final step and win some silverware.

eoinh
31/07/2004, 7:24 PM
good to see he wasnt subbed last night :)

I know everybody goes on about it but i really do wish he'ld make an attempt to go for the ball in the air.

harry crumb
31/07/2004, 9:57 PM
but i really do wish he'ld make an attempt to go for the ball in the air.

He not a target man in the air

Schunter Netz
01/08/2004, 12:50 AM
Now that we're all big Neale Fenn fans, I hope you'll all remember not to shout abuse at him to do more tackling and chasing around the field like a bunny rabbit next time he has a brief drop in form. Oh, and that bull about demanding that he try to jump to get a head on high phunts....spare us the moaning or go support waterford.

GavinZac
01/08/2004, 10:22 AM
fenn rarely heads the ball aimlessly, when he does take the ball in the air its on his chest or controled with his head to his feet. theres an aura of class about the player that a lot of people dont appreciate. mind you, he has improved a lot, he wasnt great at the start, but that was when he was fitting into the team.

Éanna
01/08/2004, 12:28 PM
I have criticised him for appearing to be lazy in the past, but I think he's really showing good form at the moment. maybe that can be put down to him settling in to the team. He's an absolutley class act, and when he wants to he can be the best player in the league by some distance- the guy's control and vision are a joy to behold. Lets hope he keeps this form up- he looks like he's really up for it now

ollie
01/08/2004, 5:21 PM
he has the best first touch in the whole team.he is after coming on a lot lately

jmc105
01/08/2004, 5:54 PM
fair play to guys like corner for giving fenn the credit he deserves. i felt the criticism at the start of the season was unfair - not because i thought he was playing great but because it was a transitional period for him, new club, new players, new city. even then his touch, his ability, was there to see, i'm just delighted for him and for city that his performances are now matching his ability.

Pablo
01/08/2004, 6:17 PM
i was always in the give him a chance club so i'm delighted he's finally starting to show his class.

i don't think he was ever that bad to be honest.

maybe it was City's early season form

SÓC
01/08/2004, 7:55 PM
fair play to guys like corner for giving fenn the credit he deserves. i felt the criticism at the start of the season was unfair - not because i thought he was playing great but because it was a transitional period for him, new club, new players, new city. even then his touch, his ability, was there to see, i'm just delighted for him and for city that his performances are now matching his ability.
Spot on

Dolan said on numerous occasions that he sign Fenn to play with Flynny. He saw something in both their styles that would suit each other. How right was he! Still dont think Flynny is 100% fit, when he is I pity the defenders of the eircom League. Poor *******s, having to play against Fenn, Flynn, Georgie, Doyler and Kearney in the one team!

patsh
02/08/2004, 9:05 AM
Now that we're all big Neale Fenn fans, I hope you'll all remember not to shout abuse at him to do more tackling and chasing around the field like a bunny rabbit next time he has a brief drop in form. Oh, and that bull about demanding that he try to jump to get a head on high phunts....spare us the moaning or go support waterford.Theres always one....:rolleyes:

pete
03/08/2004, 9:28 AM
Fenns top of his game at the moment but interestingly O'Flynn isn't making much runs for him as it was kearney that benefitting against Waterford.

Yoda01
03/08/2004, 12:01 PM
lads, i have been watching him closely since he signed and i personally tink he's the best player city have ever signed, his touch, his vision everything is class, every good goes through him, he turns all the throw's in to potential attacks, he's one of the few to kill the ball and set up an attack from it, pure class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

spiritofshanks
03/08/2004, 6:37 PM
Fenn is a class act. See how he was combining with Kearney in the second half against Waterford. We were lucky to have him in the team cos we struggled to go straight through Waterford. Using him as a link player was a priceless option to have. Brilliant vision.

P.S. Fair play to the lads in the corner for keeping the faith in him. I remember early in the season (against Shels I think) Fenn came over to take a throw on the Derrynane side. He got a great ovation and shouts of "Fcuk de begrudgers, Neil". His smile showed his appreciation and looks like he's repaying that faith now.

(No, I'm not a member of the corner!)

Fair_play_boy
03/08/2004, 10:10 PM
When Dolan ran out onto the pitch at the full time whistle last Friday night, he went straignt to Fenn and gave him a bear hug. Nice to see that.

spiritofshanks
04/08/2004, 1:02 AM
When Dolan ran out onto the pitch at the full time whistle last Friday night, he went straignt to Fenn and gave him a bear hug.

Christ, a bear hug from Dolan... that's Fenn out for the season - crushed ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamcarr
04/08/2004, 1:46 AM
Christ, a bear hug from Dolan... that's Fenn out for the season - crushed ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
........ :eek: