PDA

View Full Version : Drogs V City

sullanefc
31/07/2004, 2:24 AM
Drogs are flying at the moment. Beat Shels at their place last week and hammered Derry tonight 4-0. I think we would be happy with a point up there monday or am I being too pesimistic???

thecorner
31/07/2004, 2:26 AM
Drogs are flying at the moment. Beat Shels at their place last week and hammered Derry tonight 4-0. I think we would be happy with a point up there monday or am I being too pesimistic???
we are going up there to beat them.......end of story

Colm
31/07/2004, 10:46 AM
Drogs are definately having a really great run at the moment and it will be a difficult game but we've got to believe we can beat them. Our players are far better and we'll have a very big crowd up there so there's no reason why we can't beat them.

patsh
31/07/2004, 10:52 AM
If we play like we did last night, have patience and get over the physical and negative play, we can beat Drogs. We have the best side in the country, North and South, all our players have to do is to start believeing this, and come out for each game like we did during the Euro run.

We ARE the BEST TEAM, all we have to do is show it.

Cosmo
31/07/2004, 11:54 AM
Eh, think again lads - you should be happy with the point, ye very rarely have played well up here - lastnights performance was the best i've seen the drogs all season - our defence is rock solid, midfield playing well and upfornt were spoilt with options!!!

Reckon you're best chance is getting us on the left with Kearney - even then flano should have him - cant see any other area on the pitch where id be slightly worrried.

Btw, like the Sweeney lad he's a great battler on the pitch and played very well against us down in cork (he's a mate of my cousin) -is it just me, but after the ucd performance how is gamble getting in the team before him??? (only basing it on one performance though as ive only seen gamble once)

thecorner
31/07/2004, 11:57 AM
but after the ucd performance how is gamble getting in the team before him??? (only basing it on one performance though as ive only seen gamble once)

none of them are first -teamers

cobhrambler 16
31/07/2004, 3:02 PM
we are going up there to beat them.......end of story

ha ha ha ha

Cosmo
31/07/2004, 5:32 PM
Yeah appreciate that point thecorner - but do you not think that sweeney is better than gamble? For me, as i said basing it on only seeing him once, gamble did nothing for you against ucd - sweeney is a battler that gives it his all and gets stuck and in my opinion is better than gamble.

Btw, cant understand o' callaghan not playing up front - himself and o'flynn are the best partnership ive seen in the league of ireland in a long time - even when we destroyed you in united park last season the 2 boys were brilliant. Was talking to the drogs goalie gary rodgers about this and he said the same - o flynn and o calaghan are a top notch partnership!!

sullanefc
31/07/2004, 5:43 PM
Was talking to the drogs goalie gary rodgers about this and he said the same - o flynn and o calaghan are a top notch partnership!!

They were a great partnership but City for the last few years were crying out for a an attacking creative midfielder and O Callaghan has nailed this spot down now. Fenn is starting to come good now and will hopefully develop a good partnership with O Flynn.

RedX
31/07/2004, 6:06 PM
I cant believe a Drogs fan has come on to this Forum and said that Liam Kearney is the only player Cork City have that MIGHT cause there team trouble.Is he taking the mickey?.Does he not think our REP OF IRELAND Internationals Kevin Doyle and John O Flynn cant trouble his mighty team?Does he not think that Neale Fenn and George O Callaghan cannot unlock there defence?What about Dan Murray and Alan Bennett from set pieces?Add to that Cockney Dan,Cillian,Colin T and Kearney.I think Drogs fan you are getting a bit ahead of yourself here.Of course Cork City are going up there to win.FULL STOP!

Cosmo
31/07/2004, 10:39 PM
Dont get me wrong - as i said above i thought oflynn and ocallaghan were the top strike parnership in the eircom league over the last few years!!

But our defence is rock solid - it'll be very hard for ye to break them down, but its going to be a very interesting battle with oflynn fenn, gray oconnor. Looking forward to that one, but i reckon we' ll come out on top. Stephen gray is too good for the eircom league (which is evident in southampton constantly trying to persuade him to give england another shot)

As i said theres nothing in your team that i dont think we can handle (and im sure you might think the same but the other way) - our only weakness imo is on the right side of midfield which is why i think kearney (or woods) will get the chance to beat us there. Colin T O'Brien. Barry Molloy battle should be a good one also

Not getting away with myself - have seen you lot 4 times this season and i reckon you'll probably push shels for the title- just think we're a very hard team to beat and after you playing so many matches in europe recently, etc you should be delighted with the point.

cobhrambler 16
31/07/2004, 11:15 PM
JOF is no longer an international player??

adamcarr
31/07/2004, 11:55 PM
I cant believe a Drogs fan has come on to this Forum and said that Liam Kearney is the only player Cork City have that MIGHT cause there team trouble.Is he taking the mickey?.Does he not think our REP OF IRELAND Internationals Kevin Doyle and John O Flynn cant trouble his mighty team?Does he not think that Neale Fenn and George O Callaghan cannot unlock there defence?What about Dan Murray and Alan Bennett from set pieces?Add to that Cockney Dan,Cillian,Colin T and Kearney.I think Drogs fan you are getting a bit ahead of yourself here.Of course Cork City are going up there to win.FULL STOP!
You forgot Devine! ;)

adamcarr
31/07/2004, 11:56 PM
JOF is no longer an international player??
Not for long! :)

RedX
01/08/2004, 1:26 AM
Oh and super keeper Mickey Devine... ;)

Cosmo
01/08/2004, 11:31 AM
Haven't really noticed Devine play when ive seen you this season - how good is he??

Ruairi
01/08/2004, 11:39 AM
mick's been superb, bitshakey at the start of the season but he's mister consistency at the mo. he's pulled off some top drawer saves, vital ones too. he gives the back four confidence with performances like that

Cosmo
01/08/2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah our goalie Gary Rodgers had been super all season also (makes the odd mistake but saves us more than not)

Lads, i seriously reckon we're in for a cracker of a match tomorrow - but as i said the battle im looking forward to most is gray oconnor/ fenn oflynn - it should be a great match. Good to hear theres a good crowd coming up also - makes it pitiful when we can only bring a handful down to the cross!! :mad:

Éanna
01/08/2004, 1:49 PM
should be a good game. drogs are flying, very confident at the mo, but we should be looking for a win. it won't be easy and a draw would be a good result, but there's no point in settling for draws. we should be going out to win every game. city's strikers will have a toughgame, that fella gray is an excellent player- love us to get him

Cosmo
01/08/2004, 2:17 PM
'that fella gray is an excellent player- love us to get him'

I remember dolan looking at him before - ye dont have a chance getting him though - i be talking to the chap every now and agin and as i said hes turned down the chance to go back to southampton and a trial with villa (he didnt like england)- and turned down shels during preseason - he's signed up for us for another few seasons anyway!!!

iceman
01/08/2004, 10:50 PM
Lads would it be possible for someone travelling tomorrow to bring a few fanzines. I'll come over to the away section at half time and make myself known.

Pablo
02/08/2004, 1:40 AM
i think we can win. if we do we'll be there or thereabouts with shels to come in 2 weeks.

exciting times

Peadar
02/08/2004, 8:32 AM
Drogs are flying at the moment.

Indeed they are.
Doolin is a good manager who runs a tight ship.
His boys are well drilled and their confidence is up.
That said, they beat a Shels team who had one eye on Europe and we all know that Derry are falling apart.
The goals against Derry all resulted from third rate defending.
The Drogheda defence were never really tested.
We on the other hand have been very solid at the back and have scored goals almost everywhere we've gone.
I'm hoping for a bit of complacency on the part of Drogheda and for us to shade it in a close affair.
Fair play to Drogheda for turning things around after being a club in crisis.
The pleasantries end there though, City need the points.
Take no prisoners!