PDA

View Full Version : Mervue away (Friday March 2nd)

De Town
27/02/2012, 12:46 PM
It's back.

We're going to win 3-1.

Bermingham x2, Salmon.

Crawley has to start on the left wing. He has the potential to rip right backs apart this season. Hopefully we'll have a left and right back fit so we can play players in their natural positions.

L.T.F.C.
27/02/2012, 1:57 PM
I hope Crawley doesn't start. He has been shocking in the three games I have saw him.

Tallanted
27/02/2012, 2:26 PM
Draw written all over this game

De Town
27/02/2012, 3:32 PM
I hope Crawley doesn't start. He has been shocking in the three games I have saw him.

That says it all really.

He was one of our best players in the 2nd half of last season, and was again one of our better players on Saturday, even though he was playing out of position. He's 1,000,000 times better than Jacques feckin' Morley.

L.T.F.C.
27/02/2012, 3:50 PM
I'm not saying put Jacques Morley in his place. Jacques has been **** all addition either. I don't think Crawley is up to it at all. Poor against Pats, poor against Rovers and poor against Drogheda. Like last season, when I called the Roche brothers not being up to it, I was told that I hadn't a clue, and how much football they bring to the team. They didn't last very long. Regardless, it would be nice Crawley ups his game and doesn't end up like them.

outspoken
27/02/2012, 4:52 PM
I'm shocked that you think Crawley is no good hes absolutely fantastic, he scored the best goal I have ever seen in a LOI ground last season (Mons away 3-2 loss) and he was easilly the best player alongside Gillespie on Saturday against Sligo, playing out of position I may add. I hate to bash players on here but I would agree with the comments above Morley is useless, I would start with

Hunt/Hylo
Dowling Haverty Deans Cronnin
Gillespie (Holding) Kirby Salmo
Aussie Shaw Crawley

Tallanted
27/02/2012, 5:02 PM
Im glad you edited that and put salmon in!

L.T.F.C.
27/02/2012, 5:05 PM
At Pats Morley was roasted on the wing. The left back made three runs right by him and on the fourth Morley tracked back. It took three runs by him for Morley to cop. Shocking stuff. But what ****es me off the most? The rest of the team think its a great idea to play high balls up to him. Not over the top for him to run onto, high into him. Lunacy. I don't mind him being small, but you have to adapt. I'll have to wait on Crawley, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Jofspring
27/02/2012, 5:13 PM

I just don't understand how he thinks ye'd get away with playing an extra player :p

Hunt/Hylo
Dowling Haverty Deans Cronnin
Gillespie (Holding) Kirby Salmo
Aussie Shaw Crawley

De Town
27/02/2012, 5:19 PM
I just don't understand how he thinks ye'd get away with playing an extra player :p

The FAI have sanctioned it, allowing us to play with 12 every week. Anything to stop Limerick getting promoted apparently.

Jofspring
27/02/2012, 5:23 PM
The FAI have sanctioned it, allowing us to play with 12 every week. Anything to stop Limerick getting promoted apparently.

I had heard every team was going to be allowed play 12 against Limerick…..its funny how these stories can change as they go through more people. Glad you've cleared it up that its only Longford.

outspoken
27/02/2012, 5:41 PM

I was sitting here for ages thinking who am i missing then i remembered he was our top scorer last season :)

Cabs88
27/02/2012, 7:25 PM
I really think Crawley is a talent, our only bright spark at the end of last season, and I thought he's done well in pre season considering he's been played out of position.. Cant wait for this game hopefully we get off to a good start, but as mentioned above think it has a draw written all over it. Mervue is a very hard place to go, after Limerick it will be our toughest away of the season. Hopefully our fullbacks are back fit and we have a solid first XI out playing in their rightful positions

thelocal
28/02/2012, 12:52 PM
Have to agree with l.t.f.c here ,where crawley has been decent for us hes far too erratic and disappears when it gets tough. As for the game against Sligo I thought he was far from one of our best, he got by luck than brilliance. Even though he was out of position, he was tooking in far too much putting added pressure that want needed on the mmiddled, and was lucky that sligo rarely exploited the left side or he would have been up s**T without a paddle:ball:

DRDoc
28/02/2012, 9:41 PM
Walsh still injured I presume?

Lee and reilly also?

Would like to see crawley start the game , either at left back or further forward.

outspoken
28/02/2012, 10:36 PM
Walsh still injured I presume?

Lee and reilly also?

Would like to see crawley start the game , either at left back or further forward.

didnt see Walsh at Sligo gams but he was on crutches at Drogs game.

O'Reilly tweeted after Drogs game that he has a badly bruised foot and will be out for 2 weeks.

Lee was in the stand VS Drogs and is still injured as far as I know.

Looking at fans predictions on the net tonight a lot of neutrals have this one down as a draw, im of course hopinh we can nick it 2-1

wullie
28/02/2012, 11:52 PM
I would say with the formation that has been played during preseason a draw is the most likely outcome the defensive 4-1-3-1-1 doesn't help the situation.

Pendil
29/02/2012, 11:01 AM
Walsh broke his 5th metatarsal. He'll be out for longer than 2 weeks.

Longfordian
29/02/2012, 9:21 PM
Walsh broke his 5th metatarsal. He'll be out for longer than 2 weeks.

The post above was referring to Niall O'Reilly tweeting about he himself being out two weeks. Anyway, that'd be two months for Walsh at least, it was about three weeks ago now wasn't it so he might be coming back in about six weeks. Flood is a bigger loss at the minute with the same injury.

L.T.F.C.
02/03/2012, 11:24 PM
Get in!

Longfordian
03/03/2012, 1:27 AM
Great start. Great to see Gary Shaw off the mark already. I've got a feeling he's going to score plenty this season.

outspoken
03/03/2012, 9:03 PM
Have to agree i think hes going to be a goal machine this season! I see on Twitter he already has a deadly nickname too ''The Ginger Shearer''haha love it

Cabs88
05/03/2012, 2:41 PM
only getting around to posting now.. Great start to the season, conditions were terrible, pitch bumpy preventing a passing game, and the wind preventing a more direct approach. Thought we performed well all over the pitch, Crawley again impressive, benefitting from having Deans beside him. Collie James did well right full, their winger had him for pace all night, but James used his experience and came out on top in that battle. Very impressed by Shaw, he came on out wide right but when he moved centre forward always though he would have a chance. Took his goal very well too, and was always a threat in terms of movement and the air. He should prove a very good acquisition, lets hope we can hold onto him the whole season.
Great result to begin the season, and heres hoping to make it 2 from 2 against Athlone