PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Carr

Condex
30/07/2004, 2:07 PM
How come no clubs are intertested in buying him, he should be pretty cheap as his contract at Spurs ends next year, and they have a ready made replacement in Kelly.

Newcastle were rumoured to be interested are bidding on a Portugese full-back instead.

drummerboy
30/07/2004, 2:17 PM
Stephen doesn't seem to be the player he was before the injury.

Bowsy
30/07/2004, 2:20 PM
Stephen doesn't seem to be the player he was before the injury.

would agree with that but not a great deal of quality right fulls in the premiership. He's still better than most of them.

Spurs might want to hold on to him as Kelly is injured at the mo.

sullanefc
30/07/2004, 2:20 PM
How come no clubs are intertested in buying him, he should be pretty cheap as his contract at Spurs ends next year, and they have a ready made replacement in Kelly.

Newcastle were rumoured to be interested are bidding on a Portugese full-back instead.

Having the misfortune of being a Spurs fan, I have followed Carr's career for a while now and he is definitely not the same player he was before his injury. I think clubs would have spent big money for him a few years ago but not anymore. Still a good player but not as good. Might struggle to make the Irish team even.

Condex
30/07/2004, 2:39 PM
I saw him playing for Spurs last season he looked as if he could'nt be bothered to make any effort.