PDA

View Full Version : Niall Quinn and Pats

Spudulika
25/02/2012, 4:35 AM
I know that Bucko and he are buddies for a while and Quinn was a good friend to SF, any Pats fans know any more about this? Will the Mighty Quinn be seen in Richmond this year? Great coup if he's on board!

bullit
25/02/2012, 5:27 AM
I know that Bucko and he are buddies for a while and Quinn was a good friend to SF, any Pats fans know any more about this? Will the Mighty Quinn be seen in Richmond this year? Great coup if he's on board!

Greene
Stop you.

superfrank
25/02/2012, 8:51 AM
Do you actually have anything (reliable) to go with on this?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
25/02/2012, 9:39 AM
Do you actually have anything (reliable) to go with on this?

No. But he'll argue it with any person for at least 50 posts.

dong
25/02/2012, 9:58 AM
Somebody he spoke to on Skype told him. Very reliable source who usually isn't far off the mark. Same guy who said Collins was on his way to manage Sligo Rovers.

adamd164
25/02/2012, 11:09 AM
I remember hearing Quinn bang on before about how great it was that the kids in Sunderland don't wear Man Utd shirts. What a plank.

PartySaint
25/02/2012, 11:56 AM
http://www.stpatsfc.com/media.php?id=4651

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 3:09 AM
http://www.stpatsfc.com/media.php?id=4651

Thanks Partysaint, didn't believe it was likely though with the LOI you never know. Strange silence now.

From the content of the article it seems like it's nothing, or maybe a call to arms from Quinn.

Adam164 - what audience was he playing to? He's not the worst of people and would bring a fair few of what are termed barstoolers to take an interest in the LOI if he were involved. Or possibly so.

Mark
26/02/2012, 12:30 PM
Bucko denied this at the Media day on Thursday. But I don't buy the 'Quinny is Bizzy' :) thing. He could appoint someone to do the donkey work for him - using his vast wealth. I'll do it.......

gufc2000
26/02/2012, 12:37 PM
I remember hearing Quinn bang on before about how great it was that the kids in Sunderland don't wear Man Utd shirts. What a plank.
Most people would see that as a good thing

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 1:32 PM
Bucko denied this at the Media day on Thursday. But I don't buy the 'Quinny is Bizzy' :) thing. He could appoint someone to do the donkey work for him - using his vast wealth. I'll do it.......

They go back a way and Niall helped him with community promotions in Fingal etc, could work out well and in fairness Quinn has always come across as a more cerebral than usual sportsperson. Though there will be LOI people who'll question - a) his GAA heritage/leanings and b) he thinks he's too good to stand in his own urine in Athlone/Longford/Limerick/Cobh on a wet Friday night.

Acornvilla
26/02/2012, 1:55 PM
b) he thinks he's too good to stand in his own urine in Athlone/Longford/Limerick/Cobh on a wet Friday night.
Yeah who the hell does he think he is

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 2:15 PM
Yeah who the hell does he think he is

My point exactly, I'd be honoured, damn honoured to sit, let alone stand, in my own urine in Flancare :-) I almost used Tolka Park, but unlike the other spots, it's almost true.

legendz
26/02/2012, 2:44 PM
a) his GAA heritage/leanings

They might question that but in fairness he's played for Ireland and been involved in the game right up until this week. I think Quinn was consulted when the Genesis report was carried out on league. A report which has been lambasted yes but Quinn was taking an interest in structures etc. of the game here. GAA heritage would be of more question if it was someone like Ciaran Whelan looking to take over Pat's!

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 3:29 PM
They might question that but in fairness he's played for Ireland and been involved in the game right up until this week. I think Quinn was consulted when the Genesis report was carried out on league. A report which has been lambasted yes but Quinn was taking an interest in structures etc. of the game here. GAA heritage would be of more question if it was someone like Ciaran Whelan looking to take over Pat's!

I was joking legendz, but there are some who would make a fuss of his past. I saw him play (and get sent off I think) in an All-Ireland minor final, but he's a sportsman more than anything else and somebody who would do good for the game in Ireland. There is, however, an element of scent surrounding Saipan around him - not saying he did anything wrong (nobody knows exactly what went on) but between Dunphy, Keane and his cheerleaders, the Mother Theresa tag has stuck and there is way to get rid of it. Fair dues to Pats if he comes on board. I vote Robbie Keane for Rovers, Roy Keane for Cobh and Steve Staunton for Drogheda.

Dodge
26/02/2012, 3:57 PM
Thanks Partysaint, didn't believe it was likely though with the LOI you never know. Strange silence now.

The silence is so strange it actually spoke. Buckley was asked a half dozen questions about it, answered them all. You choose to not believe him

So thats the thread closed then. If you don't believe Buckley, whats the point in talking with you?

adamd164
26/02/2012, 3:58 PM
Most people would see that as a good thing
Well yeah, but given the context that here's a bloke from south Dublin describing himself as first and foremost a Sunderland fan, it was somewhat ironic.

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 4:20 PM
Well yeah, but given the context that here's a bloke from south Dublin describing himself as first and foremost a Sunderland fan, it was somewhat ironic.

No, worse, a clown in Dungarvan challenging a friend of mine to a fight as he dared to laugh when Manure had a player sent off. He claimed he was the biggest Manure fan in Kilmacthomas. I think that not ironic, more, well, a recipe for a visit by the men in white coats.

Dodge, only today I'd seen the article (Indo), reading it there seemed more like a need for a sensational story from Mr. McD - or get barstoolers to take interest in the LOI. There is a hint of a planted story though, but regardless, good luck to them all.

Eminence Grise
26/02/2012, 4:56 PM
Though there will be LOI people who'll question ... b) he thinks he's too good to stand in his own urine in Athlone/Longford/Limerick/Cobh on a wet Friday night.

If he were to put money into Pats (or any club) I dare say there'd be no shortage of fans willing to stand in the full flow of his urine while giving him a piggy back for a better view of the game! You could always ask his missus for a bit of Surf to wash it out afterwards...

Dodge
26/02/2012, 6:03 PM
Dodge, only today I'd seen the article (Indo), reading it there seemed more like a need for a sensational story from Mr. McD - or get barstoolers to take interest in the LOI. There is a hint of a planted story though, but regardless, good luck to them all.

Interesting angle. And by interesting I mean completely made up fantasy

You'd know that if you were at the press conference, but continue to try and propagate this story whilst at the same time insinuating others have planted it into the media...

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 6:34 PM
Interesting angle. And by interesting I mean completely made up fantasy

You'd know that if you were at the press conference, but continue to try and propagate this story whilst at the same time insinuating others have planted it into the media...

Dodge, jaysus, step off the meter! I said that there looked nothing to it from the article. No insinuations made, none taken :-)

PartySaint
26/02/2012, 8:17 PM
Even if he was to get involved with us (which he wont be doing) it wouldn't make barstoolers all of a sudden go to our games

Now if Georgia Salpha got involved that's a different story altogether

nigel-harps1954
26/02/2012, 11:51 PM
Even if he was to get involved with us (which he wont be doing) it wouldn't make barstoolers all of a sudden go to our games

If Georgia Salpa got involved, I'm sure you'd find that Harps would lose at least one fan that Pats would gain.

Spudulika
27/02/2012, 1:30 PM

All that plastic and chemical, jayz Dodge, why go for someone who it'd be fun to wake up with in the morning, I'm thinking Kathryn Thomas - if she'd leave the wellies on! :-)

PartySaint
27/02/2012, 1:54 PM
All that plastic and chemical, jayz Dodge, why go for someone who it'd be fun to wake up with in the morning, I'm thinking Kathryn Thomas - if she'd leave the wellies on! :-)

I'm not Dodge

A face
27/02/2012, 1:57 PM
How about both of them, in a kind of tag team Linda Block-esque super chairman

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bR05vWohjdQ/Tt1e-zW0LBI/AAAAAAAABBk/Xd4qcLvhpgY/s640/0406_Kathryn-Thomas_595582t.jpghttp://www.spinsouthwest.com/wp-content/files//2012/01/georgia-salpa-137214_thumb_585x795-355x480.jpg

Spudulika
27/02/2012, 5:51 PM
How about both of them, in a kind of tag team Linda Block-esque super chairman

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bR05vWohjdQ/Tt1e-zW0LBI/AAAAAAAABBk/Xd4qcLvhpgY/s640/0406_Kathryn-Thomas_595582t.jpg

Nah, I have an awful feeling that after Salpa I'd be dosing myself with domestos. Kathryn has that more, get up the yard, look about her. I don't mind that she's a GAA girl, she can wear the Carlow jersey for all I care, and we'd go skulling pints after, then a kebab, jesus, this weather is getting to me.