PDA

View Full Version : Cork City fans arrogant

trevy
30/07/2004, 12:39 PM
Cork City fans seems to very arrogant,from criticising the styles of play of other Eircom League teams,getting on to Longford for their defeat last night and slagging off Waterford Utd for various reasons despite them unable to beat us since we came back to the Premier.You haven't won that many trophies so you shouldn't be looking down your noses at other teams.I was glad to see ye do well in Europe and would rather ye win the league than a Dublin team again but you would be more liked if you showed some more modesty.

Colm
30/07/2004, 1:27 PM
Yes of course we're arrogant. So what?
If any club in the league has the right to be arrogant it's us. We're the biggest club in Ireland, we play the most attractive football, we get the biggest home crowds, we have the biggest away support, we're the first Irish club ever to get to the quarter finals of a European competition, we've got the best manager and chairman. I could go on but I don't want to boast!

sullanefc
30/07/2004, 2:06 PM
The biggest county, the biggest soccer club, the best hurling team, the best soccer player to play for Ireland etc etc You're only jealous cos you're not from the peoples republic :p :D C'mon the rebel army!!!!!! :D

sullanefc
30/07/2004, 2:27 PM
The worst GAA football team...

ssshhhhhhh!!!!!!! :D

I didn't know John Giles was a Corkman.

You know who I meant :rolleyes:
And don't say Denis Irwin :D

cobhrambler 16
30/07/2004, 2:31 PM
we're the first Irish club ever to get to the quarter finals of a European competition

isn't there a team in the north that won a european competition???

max power
30/07/2004, 2:43 PM
biggest club in ireland eh, look at these facts

162,403 people in cork ( as reported yesterday ), 8,000 at european game, therefore 7% of total population

40,000 people in longford, 2,500 at game last night, 8% of total population..

by that we are bigger than you ????

toto cup vs ufea........we were in a bigger competition

did ya win it ....no

did we win it....no

if there are multiple winners of the toto, then you didn't get to the quater final, as there were 8 left in your draw, but how many in the total competition ????

still its all a bit of fun and i had a great day annoying cork fans yesterday and its their turn today :D i just can't wait for the blahford result tonight ;)

max power
30/07/2004, 2:47 PM
conor for a kerry man you catch on quick, exectly its a game of numbers :D

or city is the biggest club just out of dolans size alone ;)

ger121
30/07/2004, 3:24 PM
Yes of course we're arrogant. So what?
If any club in the league has the right to be arrogant it's us. We're the biggest club in Ireland, we play the most attractive football, we get the biggest home crowds, we have the biggest away support, we're the first Irish club ever to get to the quarter finals of a European competition, we've got the best manager and chairman. I could go on but I don't want to boast!

Most of that is true but you've won **** all. I could go on but I wouldn't want to burst your bubble;)

max power
30/07/2004, 3:25 PM
btw when is the 21st birthday party ????

thecorner
30/07/2004, 3:49 PM
did ya win it ....no

did we win it....no

did ye win a game :D :D

southside bohs
30/07/2004, 8:56 PM
Cork city play attractive football :D :D :D will you ever fcuk off with yourself. The last time i saw cork in dalymount you beat us 3-2, you had three shots and defended like mad, we were all over you. i have never seen a cork side in dalyer that play good football, in fact the only team that has come and played good football in dalymount was shelbourne and dublin city believe it or not.

Biggest club in ireland? Maybe but thats due to your support, finance wise shels would win hands down.

Best club in ireland? maybe in the next decade, shels are dominating and bohs are sleeping and dispite our home form( won 2 only) we are still third and in with a chance to win the league.

Most arrogant fans? yes but thats cork for ye must be the country air.

and finally about the inter-toto cup, you won past two rounds in a competition that has five rounds all together which draws me to the conclusion that Glentoran are still the only irish team to get to the quarter finals of a major competition ( fairs cup i think).

by the way it's called the third round not the quarters that was just something the media did to make it sound a lot better.

back to been bitter :p

harry crumb
30/07/2004, 11:35 PM
We are arrogant. But so what..we're the best. Lets hope our players can show some arrogance in their play for the rest of the season.

thecorner
31/07/2004, 3:01 AM
and every right to be arrogant

just ask malmo,nijmegen and nantes

thecorner
31/07/2004, 9:39 AM
Don't give me "got to the quarter final of a european competition"

1.0 there is no such thing as the winner of the inter-toto cup,. the whole farse is at best a pre-qualifying tournament. There is no Inter-toto cup.

2.0 Not all european countries enter clubs and some clubs that do qualify don't even enter. In fact up to 2 years ago a player didn't even have to be registered to play in it. Players from other clubs could be invited to play for clubs.

3.0 winning every game played six-nil does absolutely nothing for Irelands european ranking. Bohs 0-0 away from home in the UEFA cup was of more benefit to the Eircom League than Cork's run in the inter-toto.

Besides, the competition is being done away with basically because everybody, except Pat Dolan, sees it for what it is, a waste of time.

You know, its okay to allow Pat Dolan and Cork fans live in their own wee world let them persist with their fantasy of European greatness, but to do so would be to take away from other clubs that did do the Country proud (Cork City included) in the past.

we dont care,we are are arrogant and we are the best.

might as well just give us tthe title now :D

patsh
31/07/2004, 11:14 AM
I think the accolade for most arrogant fans is between Bohs and $h£l$.

Bohs fans actually think their club is a "Big" club!:eek:
Now there is living in a fantasy world for you......:rolleyes:

As for $h£l$, their few fans actually think they have a "club"....
$h£l$ = club ? You're having a laugh.....:o

tippman
31/07/2004, 3:34 PM
cork dont have...
the best stadium(bohs)
the most money(shels)
any trophies

wil i go on... :D

Ruairi
31/07/2004, 3:40 PM
TIPP DON'T HAVE

an eL club....

:eek:

Colm
31/07/2004, 4:49 PM
the best stadium(bohs)

Personally, I do like Dalymount but there's no way you could call it the best stadium in the league. The Jodi stand is excellent alright but the rest of the ground is just a crumbling old terrace. The Cross is a much nicer ground overall imo.

eoinh
31/07/2004, 5:03 PM
Yeah, The jodi stand is class but the rest of Dalymount looks like an old grainy newsreel you'ld see of 1920's football grounds. (without the crowds :o )

pineapple stu
31/07/2004, 5:51 PM
The Jodi stand is excellent alright but the rest of the ground is just a crumbling old terrace. The Cross is a much nicer ground overall imo.

Yeah, The jodi stand is class but the rest of Dalymount looks like an old grainy newsreel you'ld see of 1920's football grounds. (without the crowds :o )

As opposed to the splendour of the Shed or the majesty of the Derrynane side, is it? ;)

Slash/ED
31/07/2004, 7:32 PM
I think the accolade for most arrogant fans is between Bohs and $h£l$.

Bohs fans actually think their club is a "Big" club!:eek:
Now there is living in a fantasy world for you......:rolleyes:

As for $h£l$, their few fans actually think they have a "club"....
$h£l$ = club ? You're having a laugh.....:o

what are you ****eing on about this time?

A face
31/07/2004, 7:34 PM
As opposed to the splendour of the Shed or the majesty of the Derrynane side, is it? ;)

Exactly ... that is the point ... Donie Forde Stand and St Annes End are alot more impressive and over all The Cross is a better ground than Dalyer.

cobhrambler 16
31/07/2004, 9:44 PM
Exactly ... that is the point ... Donie Forde Stand and St Annes End are alot more impressive and over all The Cross is a better ground than Dalyer.

Pitty City don't even own the ground...! ha ha :D

Éanna
01/08/2004, 12:47 PM
AC Milan don't own the San Siro- whats your point?

City have the potential to domiante Irish football, and should do so. We have a young squad, we play excellent football,we have a huge fan base, we have an excellent chairman and a very good manager. All thats missing are the trophies. We have every right to be proud of what we've achieved, but being honest, the Intertoto would be worth **** all except a few media write-ups if we don't at least compete for the league this season. We know what we can,we just have to show everyone else and DO IT.

dortie
01/08/2004, 1:11 PM
All thats missing are the trophies. .

You can say that again :D

Have to admit though that my trips to Cork are always very pleasant, the people really friendly, even after we beat them in the semi of the cup in 2002. Arrogant ?? Never found them to be....

Similar to the successful City in that the potential fan base is huge ;)

pineapple stu
01/08/2004, 10:39 PM
Exactly ... that is the point ... Donie Forde Stand and St Annes End are a lot more impressive and over all The Cross is a better ground than Dalyer.

Wow! Said without a smiley! Or reference to the Shed, though you bring in the St Anne's End, which I left alone... ;)

Lux Interior
02/08/2004, 12:00 AM
we're the first Irish club ever to get to the quarter finals of a European competition,

Hate to bust yer bubble, chief, but we were in the quarters of the ECWC in 73/74 and an even more arrogant lot than Cork got to the EC quarters in 66/67 ;)

Oh, and we won the Vienna Cup (see yonder sig) in 1914 :D

eoinh
02/08/2004, 12:30 AM
well if youre talking about trophies outside UEFA control - bohs won one as well!

Pablo
02/08/2004, 12:38 AM
Hate to bust yer bubble, chief, but we were in the quarters of the ECWC in 73/74 and an even more arrogant lot than Cork got to the EC quarters in 66/67 ;)

Oh, and we won the Vienna Cup (see yonder sig) in 1914 :D

we said irish teams. not english ones

thecorner
02/08/2004, 1:22 AM

:D :D :D :D

Lux Interior
02/08/2004, 8:51 AM

F**k me, Frank Carson's in da house :rolleyes:

eoinh
02/08/2004, 9:00 AM
F**k me, Frank Carson's in da house :rolleyes:

:D :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patsh
02/08/2004, 9:21 AM
what are you ****eing on about this time?Awwwww, the $h£l$ "fan" has had his feelings hurt.....:p

Slash/ED
02/08/2004, 10:54 AM
Awwwww, the $h£l$ "fan" has had his feelings hurt.....:p

No feelings hurt just the usual bemusement that usually follows reading one of your posts.

patsh
03/08/2004, 11:33 AM
No feelings hurt just the usual bemusement that usually follows reading one of your posts.Oh good, my posts are designed to both Bemuse and Amuse!:D

Slash/ED
03/08/2004, 6:04 PM
Well one out of two isn't bad.

spiritofshanks
03/08/2004, 8:06 PM
Greetings from the Sporting Capital of Ireland!

Let's face it lads, ye'd envy the support that Cork people show for our sporting heroes. The trophies will come, but in the meantime at least we don't just show up cos the sun's shining.

Arrogant with good reason to be!

patsh
03/08/2004, 8:33 PM
Well one out of two isn't bad.Chill the beans lad, don't take every word that is posted here as being serious.....

dynamo kerry
04/08/2004, 8:14 PM
didn't sligo used to be the best supported team in the country

never see any sligo fans here :(