PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting way to do business

joeSoap
30/07/2004, 10:58 AM
Stephen Kenny was informed BY PHONE at six o'clock on wednesday that he was no longer required by Bohemians FC.
Aidan Fitzmaurice broke the news to the Evening Herald buying public at I.30 pm earlier that afternoon.Great scoop for the herald.
Nice to see that the same Mr Fitzmaurice is well connected at Bohemians FC....disgusting! :mad: :mad:

max power
30/07/2004, 11:06 AM
at least he knows how it feels now. :D :D :D

bohs til i die
30/07/2004, 2:48 PM
Stephen Kenny was informed BY PHONE at six o'clock on wednesday that he was no longer required by Bohemians FC.
Aidan Fitzmaurice broke the news to the Evening Herald buying public at I.30 pm earlier that afternoon.Great scoop for the herald.
Nice to see that the same Mr Fitzmaurice is well connected at Bohemians FC....disgusting! :mad: :mad:

Kenny was called to the club and was told of the boards decision. Aidan Fitz wrote an article speculating on the back of an emergency board meeting after the game on Tuesday.

Schumi
03/08/2004, 11:24 AM
Bit in the Times today saying that Kenny found out from a journalist ringing him to ask him his reaction.

joeSoap
03/08/2004, 2:20 PM
He definitely found out after Fitzmaurice told half of Dublin in the Herald.Scumbags.......the man is in his early 30's with a wife and 3 kids to support.He deserved some proper treatment from a club that he turned around and made successful, not to be ridiculed in public like he was.

max power
03/08/2004, 2:24 PM
He definitely found out after Fitzmaurice told half of Dublin in the Herald.Scumbags.......the man is in his early 30's with a wife and 3 kids to support.He deserved some proper treatment from a club that he turned around and made successful, not to be ridiculed in public like he was.

ha ha proper treatment from a club. maybe if he had treated a club in a proper way i might feel some sympathy for him, plus he had a habit of telling porky pies to his players.

Macy
03/08/2004, 2:25 PM
Well I'd heard before the Herald early edition that he was definately gone. If the meeting was the night before, why not tell the man prior to the evening? Well at least he signed his new contract this time, so Bohs will have to pay him off for the remainder of this season, and the next two....

max power
03/08/2004, 2:28 PM
are you sure about the contract, i've heard since that he didn't sign it and that was why they had no problem with giving him the bullet. open to correction on that

Macy
03/08/2004, 2:34 PM
Apparently signed it a month ago, read it in the paper, so it must be true...

max power
03/08/2004, 2:41 PM
oh it must be then :D

Longfordian
03/08/2004, 2:55 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it emerges there was only one signatory to that contract..I can't imagine Bohs willingly paying out three seasons worth of wages, about what €200k?, from what I heard before Kenny was sacked Bohs were waiting until they saw how Europe went before finalising it..

Macy
03/08/2004, 3:06 PM
Hmmm Thought he was offered it in the close season, and had the bohs signatures on it. Suppose we'll see if he argues that a verbal contract is binding this time.

max power
03/08/2004, 3:08 PM
ha ha verbal contract

Longfordian
03/08/2004, 4:23 PM
None of us know for sure what happened but given Kenny's fondness for not recognising verbal contracts both at LTFC and with his former assistant at bohs, they do say that what goes around comes around..