PDA

View Full Version : $£€ls to play Deportivo

Razor-G
30/07/2004, 10:22 AM
Draw made today for 3rd Qualifying round of Champions
League....

Deportivo La Coruna Vs Hajduk / $£€ls

Has to be said that's a good draw for the money grabers.....

Fr. Murphy
30/07/2004, 10:24 AM
Pack your bags lads we've of to spain!

eoinh
30/07/2004, 10:45 AM
a possible match against a team from the greatest league in europe - not bad :)

Fr. Murphy
30/07/2004, 12:27 PM
a possible match against a team from the greatest league in europe - not bad :)

I’m starting to get nosebleeds of the taught

fosterdollar
30/07/2004, 1:51 PM
from UEFA.com....

Deportivo board member Jesús Rebollo: "Deportivo are favourites in such matches and it is likely that we will cause our opponents more problems than they can cause us. We would prefer to play Shelbourne because we are more familiar with Irish football and it suits our game better. Hajduk would be a very tough nut to crack."

How gracious of him not to state the absolutely bloody obvious reason why they would 'prefer' to play Shels

sullanefc
30/07/2004, 2:12 PM
We would prefer to play Shelbourne because we are more familiar with Irish football and it suits our game better. Hajduk would be a very tough nut to crack."

Very diplomatic :D

cobhrambler 16
30/07/2004, 2:17 PM
did ya hear on sky sports news it said deportivo may be drawn againsi irish non-league side shelbourne...

non-league??

sullanefc
30/07/2004, 2:23 PM
did ya hear on sky sports news it said deportivo may be drawn againsi irish non-league side shelbourne...

non-league??

I like it!! :D But seriousley tho, how do they think a non-league team got into the Champions League qualifiers. Sounds like some reporter just isn't using his brain.

tiktok
30/07/2004, 2:26 PM
Non-League, yet Deportivo are 'familiar' with Shels......

I'm Lovin' it :D :D

Slash/ED
30/07/2004, 8:59 PM
Nice to see Depor obviously have the Eircom League well scouted, they obviously see us as a massive threat to them :D

sullanefc
31/07/2004, 2:19 AM
We would prefer to play Shelbourne because we are more familiar with Irish football and it suits our game better.

I think he was just being nice :D

eL Bettor
31/07/2004, 1:38 PM
Hi
I'm a Waterford Utd fan working near Dublin and am thinking of heading to the Shels game on Wednesday.
What I want to know is how near Tolka Park is from the train station in Drumcondra as thats how I plan to travel.
Also nice to hear Ollie Byrne promise that supporters at this game will get priority for tickets for the Deportivo game if Shels make it.

Slash/ED
31/07/2004, 5:03 PM
The stadium is definitely within walking distance of the train station but I'm not sure exactly how to get from the station to Tolka as I've never gotten the train to Tolka. You should go onto the Shels site and ask there and you'll probably get directions.

eoinh
31/07/2004, 11:33 PM
Hajduk played a home league game against NK Zagreb last night. They lost it 4-2. They dont seem to be on top form.

the_googler
01/08/2004, 4:42 PM
About a ten minute walk from drumcondra station.
Coming out of the station, turn left and head towards drumcondra, cross the road at fagan's continue heading up towards the river and after crossing it turn right down richmond road.

eoinh
02/08/2004, 4:43 PM
Latest on the croatian league. See here (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=305992&cc=5739)

thejollyrodger
02/08/2004, 5:43 PM
They lost it 4-2. They dont seem to be on top form

Thats because they were resting all of their players :(

Im supporting Shels but You have to fancy that croat team!

eL Bettor
03/08/2004, 7:14 AM
About a ten minute walk from drumcondra station.
Coming out of the station, turn left and head towards drumcondra, cross the road at fagan's continue heading up towards the river and after crossing it turn right down richmond road.
Thanks Googler, have taken notes, seems straightforward enough, us culchies usually have problems finding our way around the capital. :p