PDA

View Full Version : Short term internet

osarusan
23/02/2012, 11:57 AM
I'll be back in Ireland for 3 weeks from next Tuesday, staying in a short-term rental which (I presume) has no internet. I'll be bringing my laptop with me.

I'm wondering what my options are regarding getting internet access for the three weeks I'm there. Some kind of mobile access?

A N Mouse
23/02/2012, 1:01 PM
I'll be back in Ireland for 3 weeks from next Tuesday, staying in a short-term rental which (I presume) has no internet. I'll be bringing my laptop with me.

I'm wondering what my options are regarding getting internet access for the three weeks I'm there. Some kind of mobile access?

You can buy a payg 3g dongle. I know 3 do one. three (three.ie)

No idea what coverage is like though

dahamsta
23/02/2012, 2:02 PM
Only a couple of the mobile operators do short term contracts AFAIK. My old man uses Meteor when he's in Ireland.

Dunny
23/02/2012, 2:22 PM
Id go for the PAYG dongle. You can top up by the day, week or month.

nigel-harps1954
23/02/2012, 5:00 PM

Don't leave the coffee shop. Friend of mine practically lived in Starbucks in Switzerland while staying there just for coffee and internet.

Dunny
24/02/2012, 12:45 PM
If you decide to go with the dongle, meteor have refurb ones on offer for 9.99: http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/payg/#5:5

Have one myself and know others who have them, no prob whatsoever with them.

osarusan
25/02/2012, 3:43 AM
Cheers all, seems like I have a couple of options at least.