PDA

View Full Version : Televised Games 2012

Dunny
16/02/2012, 4:53 PM
Drogheda United V Shamrock Rovers - http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2012/0216/drogheda_shamrock.html

CrowdedHouse
16/02/2012, 5:39 PM
(As a new neutral) I Think I would have preferred Shels/Sligo

Suppose Shams are champs after all

punkrocket
23/02/2012, 2:12 PM
I prefer this one.

shellyriver
26/02/2012, 12:35 PM
I prefer this one.

Looks like we're going to have to win FAI cup again this year, if we want the privilege of seeing the Bit-a-Red.:victory:

What d++k head in RTE sport, decided that last year's league runners up and Cup winners, don't figure in this schedule which was greeted with fanfare.

Well done RTE you've excelled yourself once again.:cyclops:

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 1:39 PM
Looks like we're going to have to win FAI cup again this year, if we want the privilege of seeing the Bit-a-Red.:victory:

What d++k head in RTE sport, decided that last year's league runners up and Cup winners, don't figure in this schedule which was greeted with fanfare.

Welcome to foot.ie Mr. Sweeney :p

dong
26/02/2012, 1:42 PM
Who cares. Sweeney is not a representative of Sligo Rovers fans, even if he seems to have has appointed himself in that role.

Spudulika
26/02/2012, 1:45 PM
Who cares. Sweeney is not a representative of Sligo Rovers fans, even if he seems to have has appointed himself in that role.

In fairness to him Dong he's one of the few journo's who tries. I didn't like his negativity today, and at other times he's been spiteful, but maybe some of ye can have a word in his ear and he'll settle down and be positive.

Sonny
26/02/2012, 5:49 PM

Jesus yous are developing a victim complex of Liverpool proportions. Sweeney is an embarrassment.

mypost
26/02/2012, 10:13 PM

Looks like going to the games themselves may help.

In the EPL, the current title holders are always on at 4pm the first Sunday of the following season. In the Bundesliga, the current title holders are always at home on the first Friday night to begin the first game of the new season on tv. In Spain, Real or Barcelona's first game is always live on the box. Ditto Italy, France, Scotland etc...

Never mind though, a newly promoted side and second place in the league meeting each other, is more glamourous than showing the double champions opening game in our league.

Apparantly.

sligoman
27/02/2012, 10:15 AM
Never mind though, a newly promoted side and second place in the league meeting each other, is more glamourous than showing the double champions opening game in our league.I get why ye are on opening night, as champions, but you can't argue that Drogs Vs. Shams is more appealing than Shels Vs. us.

Now it may well turn out to be a better game, but 'on paper' the match in Tolka should be much better.

legendz
27/02/2012, 10:42 AM
I'd like to see a preview show of the weeks action, especially this week at least ahead of the start of the season. Wishful thinking again I guess!

outspoken
27/02/2012, 5:30 PM
Not sure if its been posted already but Linfield and Derry in the setanta Cup will be live on Setanta.

legendz
28/02/2012, 12:06 PM
The season is long. It was only the first 5 fixtures that were announced. I'm sure Sligo games will be covered.

Strawberry
28/02/2012, 12:16 PM
Much ado about nothing really.
As a Sligo Rovers fan I'd much rather us not be on tv as there is no money to be gained but I'm sure we would certainly lose some on the gate.
I wouldn't mind some of our away games being covered though.

There is also absolutely no truth in the rumours that the board have refused to change kick off times

Jofspring
28/02/2012, 10:07 PM
Wait a second……..why the bloody hell isn't Limerick vs SD Galway being televised on Friday March 23rd. A bloody disgrace….typical bias towards the big teams. I blame Shamrock Rovers…..wait no I blame MNS….wait wait I mean RTE……no I mean Roddy….feck it I mean Monaghan…...actually no I mean the FAI…..ya thats the one, the FAI, jokeshop up there in abbottstown :mad:

Dunny
28/02/2012, 10:22 PM
I blame Tom the Gom, we all know he choses the games.

nigel-harps1954
28/02/2012, 10:30 PM
Can't we just blame Derry? No reason really. Just for the craic.

Jofspring
28/02/2012, 10:32 PM
Can't we just blame Derry? No reason really. Just for the craic.

So thats Shamrock Rovers and Derry being blamed. We'll never hear the end of it from the Sligo Rovers fans now, what about them?

Dodge
28/02/2012, 10:56 PM
For the record there's no discussions about live games being moved. RTE tells the FAI what games they want, and thats that. Clubs can't say no, and the league doesn't need agreement of the clubs

Rover'n'out
28/02/2012, 11:30 PM
For the record there's no discussions about live games being moved. RTE tells the FAI what games they want, and thats that. Clubs can't say no, and the league doesn't need agreement of the clubs

That would coincide with my own understanding but you better tell Placid casual who "was privy to the initial discussions that were to take place regarding our clubs being put on the box".

pineapple stu
29/02/2012, 9:14 AM
RTE tells the FAI what games they want, and thats that. Clubs can't say no
They could turn up and play on the original date for the craic. :)

Sunday at 1, a big gap in RTÉ's schedule because "Game already played on Friday"

Sean South
29/02/2012, 2:24 PM
So thats Shamrock Rovers and Derry being blamed. We'll never hear the end of it from the Sligo Rovers fans now, what about them?
Seriously have a word with yourself

Sean South
29/02/2012, 2:32 PM
I do, in this instance beacuse I was privy to the initial discussions that were to take place regarding your clubs being put on the box.
No calls were returned by board
Can you back this statement up or just more waffle?

MMVIII
29/02/2012, 2:46 PM
Can you back this statement up or just more waffle?

It's pure and utter nonsense he was drivelling, like the majority of "in the know" Shams supporters. Privy to initial discussions. Aye, right.

Sonny
29/02/2012, 2:53 PM
It's pure and utter nonsense he was drivelling, like the majority of "in the know" Shams supporters. Privy to initial discussions. Aye, right.

But if the nefarious Rovers/RTE cabal is as extensive as you are constantly reminding us, why would it be surprising that a Rovers fan would have insider knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of RTE?

MMVIII
29/02/2012, 2:59 PM
But if the nefarious Rovers/RTE cabal is as extensive as you are constantly reminding us, why would it be surprising that a Rovers fan would have insider knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of RTE?

Zzzzzz.

Sonny
29/02/2012, 3:07 PM
Zzzzzz.

No, what's boring is reading reams of absolute waffle about Rovers/RTE conspiracies to monopolise the league; that even includes the embarrassing, deluded ramblings of two bob Sligo hacks in national newspapers

Jofspring
29/02/2012, 3:10 PM
Seriously have a word with yourself

Talk to myself? Bit crazy don't you think?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
29/02/2012, 3:36 PM
No, what's boring is reading reams of absolute waffle about Rovers/RTE conspiracies to monopolise the league; that even includes the embarrassing, deluded ramblings of two bob Sligo hacks in national newspapers

No, what's boring will be the same team being live on TV for 4 of the first 5 live league games of the season.

Sonny
29/02/2012, 3:40 PM
No, what's boring will be the same team being live on TV for 4 of the first 5 live league games of the season.

This discussion is boring, Enjoy your healthy diet of Shamrock Rovers, and you should probably try and get used to it for the sake of your own mental health.

dfx-
29/02/2012, 4:11 PM

I plan on watching Rovers every week, not just the opening weeks..it'll be great

Charlie Darwin
29/02/2012, 5:07 PM
I thought Eamon Sweeney's article was alright. I mean it'd be better if he could figure out which SRFC he actually supports from week to week, but he made some valid points, especially about the de facto national team thing. I wouldn't be particularly keen on Rovers doing a PSG and pinching supporters from non-Dublin teams.

mypost
01/03/2012, 2:41 AM

We had 11 of our European games on live tv last year. How did you cope?

dong
01/03/2012, 9:58 PM
We had 11 of our European games on live tv last year. How did you cope?

You got the spaceship all fuelled up for the new season man?

born2bwild
01/03/2012, 10:28 PM

I'd say he has his frackin FTL drive well spooled up by now.

He's ready. How about your manager?

mypost
02/03/2012, 9:09 AM

Contact NASA, they can help you with that one.

Kiki Balboa
03/03/2012, 6:26 PM
Thought the coverage of the match last night was awful, RTE seemed totally despondent of drogheda against the mighty rovers. It seemed that they thought Drogheda where lucky to be playing on the same field as rovers, as if it was by luck of the draw or something, not like they havent been in the premier longer than them. There was total lack of respect given to drogheda.