PDA

View Full Version : Four pro teams in a different league.

Pages : 1 [2]

Eminence Grise
21/02/2012, 8:41 AM
Unless Tarmonbarry City get an invite to participate, I'm boycotting your league!

Spudulika
21/02/2012, 8:49 AM
Unfair on Monaghan, half the dairy herds of the county turn up to watch! :-)

Can't be done on city size, this means difficulties in terms of competing sports! Best to go (as the Yanks did) on where the hotbeds of underage football (no sniggering down the back, this is EXACTLY what Chuck Blazer told us at a seminar 10 years ago). That way you tap into the youth players, link with the families and develop your "brand" accordingly. However.....it won't work in Ireland with the current FAI setup, the schoolboy leagues need to be cut off at the knees.

GenXI - you're correct in what you took on my post, and I don't have any answer to solve it. I know it depends on trust, but also that if a player, at 16/17/18 is bought by a club in the UK, for example, the fee goes centrally into the FAI with the schoolboy/youth clubs getting 50%. But remember that the FAI now are beholden to do something for their money - not only do they negotiate with the foreign clubs, they also have to ensure that facilities and coaching are right in Ireland, plus that local clubs have their own places. It can work, it should work, but it won't because it's Ireland, why? Because it makes sense and can function properly.

Jofspring
21/02/2012, 11:30 AM
Unless Tarmonbarry City get an invite to participate, I'm boycotting your league!

They are in subject to licence requirements.

legendz
21/02/2012, 12:53 PM
Dublin – as they are.
Cork – Cork City
Galway – Galway Utd
Limerick – Limerick FC
Waterford – Waterfod United
Drogheda – Drogheda United
Dundalk – Dundalk FC
Swords & Malahide – North Dublin Rovers
Bray – Bray Wanderers
Tralee – Munster Dynamos (Kerry, West Limerick & West/North Cork)
Sligo – Sligo Rovers
Ennis – Munster Rovers (Clare and nearby areas)
Naas, Celbridge, Newbridge & Leixlip - Kildare United
Navan – North Leinster Rovers
Clonmel – Munster Celtic
Carlow & Kilkenny – South Leinster United

Castlebar – Connaught Celtic (Mayo, Roscommon & Leitrim)

The leagues problems even more sorted. Keep the current clubs as the are and add in 9 clubs:
Galway – Galway Utd
Swords & Malahide – North Dublin Rovers
Tralee – Munster Dynamos (Kerry, West Limerick & West/North Cork)
Ennis – Munster Rovers (Clare and nearby areas)
Naas, Celbridge, Newbridge & Leixlip - Kildare United
Navan – North Leinster Rovers (Meath & Nearby areas)
Clonmel – Munster Celtic (Tipperary & nearby areas e.g. West Waterford/East Cork)
Carlow & Kilkenny – South Leinster United
Castlebar – Connaught Celtic (Mayo, Roscommon & Leitrim)

Eminence Grise
21/02/2012, 2:26 PM
They are in subject to licence requirements.

Woo-hoo! Us Rossies can come up with the bestest laid plans to meet all requirements... DVD's, computer generated stadia plans, you name it we'll get it!

Jofspring
21/02/2012, 3:54 PM
Woo-hoo! Us Rossies can come up with the bestest laid plans to meet all requirements... DVD's, computer generated stadia plans, you name it we'll get it!

If its the DVD you want sorted then you need to talk to Galway. If its the computer generated stadia then we are your men for the job. Finn Harps did a good job on a computer generated stadia too mind. If you want instant rivals then throw a Rovers at the end of the team name and just call yourselves Rovers on public forums. It will drive the Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers fans mad.