PDA

View Full Version : Superb Coverage!!!!!!!!!

Bossman Scally
29/07/2004, 10:39 AM
Once again, I have to congratulate the national, and local, radio and TV stations for there excellent coverage of last nights games. What, with full match commentary and in-depth, expert analysis, it was second to none! S**t, I've just realised that I must have dreamt it! Yet again RTE and the local stations let down Irish football with an almighty thump! No commentary anywhere, no match updates anywhere, not even a latest score from the DJ! i am getting sick and f**king tired of the inept coverage our game gets in this country. i mean, I tuned in to 103fm at 9pm last night expecting an update on the UCD game and what do I get, a 5 minute match report on a Cork Minors football match against Limerick and shag all else. The best supported team in Ireland is playing in a cup match and I have to wait for the news on RTE2 at 11.25pm to find out who won! What a f**king disgrace. WLR in Waterford have match commentary on all Uniteds away games, no matter what night of the week they are playing! Is the GAA so strong in Cork that they won't permit any other sport to be covered if they have a "Minor" match on! And if I hear that crap on RedFM about being cities best supporters, I'll go round there and f**king plant someone!

thecorner
29/07/2004, 10:42 AM
Once again, I have to congratulate the national, and local, radio and TV stations for there excellent coverage of last nights games. What, with full match commentary and in-depth, expert analysis, it was second to none! S**t, I've just realised that I must have dreamt it! Yet again RTE and the local stations let down Irish football with an almighty thump! No commentary anywhere, no match updates anywhere, not even a latest score from the DJ! i am getting sick and f**king tired of the inept coverage our game gets in this country. i mean, I tuned in to 103fm at 9pm last night expecting an update on the UCD game and what do I get, a 5 minute match report on a Cork Minors football match against Limerick and shag all else. The best supported team in Ireland is playing in a cup match and I have to wait for the news on RTE2 at 11.25pm to find out who won! What a f**king disgrace. WLR in Waterford have match commentary on all Uniteds away games, no matter what night of the week they are playing! Is the GAA so strong in Cork that they won't permit any other sport to be covered if they have a "Minor" match on! And if I hear that crap on RedFM about being cities best supporters, I'll go round there and f**king plant someone!

see other thread "proud sponsors" started already last night

joeSoap
29/07/2004, 11:26 AM
i am getting sick and f**king tired of the inept coverage our game gets in this country. i mean, I tuned in to 103fm at 9pm last night expecting an update on the UCD game and what do I get, a 5 minute match report on a Cork Minors football match against Limerick and shag all else. The best supported team in Ireland is playing in a cup match and I have to wait for the news on RTE2 at 11.25pm to find out who won! What a f**king disgrace.
errrmmmm....aertel page 222. Or log onto newstalk 106's website. They give good reports

Bossman Scally
29/07/2004, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have Aertel on my TV and I don't have access to the internet at home due to Eircoms extortinate rental charges!

Flynninio
29/07/2004, 11:40 AM
aertel gave update on city game and then forgot to put up final result on i thought the game was still going on at 11pm :D

pete
29/07/2004, 11:41 AM
aertel gave update on city game and then forgot to put up final result on i thought the game was still going on at 11pm :D

All Aertel have to do is to leave up the game ko. Put 'HT' next tosmcore at HT & then 'FT' later...

:rolleyes:

Peadar
29/07/2004, 11:48 AM
All Aertel have to do is to leave up the game ko. Put 'HT' next tosmcore at HT & then 'FT' later...

:rolleyes:

They were waiting for the lads to come back into Lonnergans to ask them the score and then run back up to change it :D

Flynninio
29/07/2004, 1:12 PM
they had up to date reports on shells game in fairness to them.whats happened to tv3 do they have sports teletext anymore.last season they were as good as rte.i think the examiner was there source of updates.

City Hero
29/07/2004, 3:50 PM
The Dj on today fm this morning took time out of the schedule to give the full details of Man Utd V Celtic from USA last night - not even part of sports or news or anything, but no mention of Cork or Shels outside of the sports news from that Tipperary plonker. This country is living proof that brain washing by the media actually works.

PS, Why are the media saying that Corks Intertoto hangover continued or got worse last night. If we had won, there wouldn't be a hangover.