PDA

View Full Version : 2 Yellow Cards = 1 Red Card?

pete
29/07/2004, 9:40 AM
Seemed to be some confusion about UCD no.9 i think getting booked twice by Stokes but not being sent off?

Anyone know which UCD player got booked in the first half?

9 & 10 definitely got booked in 2nd half + maybe no's 6 & 8?

:confused:

Hecko
29/07/2004, 10:22 AM
Pretty sure Tony McDonnell (no. 6) got booked in the second half

Schumi
29/07/2004, 12:33 PM
Who didn't he book? He was flashing that yellow card around like it was going out of fashion. I didn't notice who was getting booked too closely so I can't tell you everyone who was booked although Tony McDonnell (#6) definitely was.

SÓC
29/07/2004, 1:05 PM
Stokes is by a mile the worse Ref in the league, seems to 'enjoy' reffing City games too.

I was standing behind the goal in Belfield last night taking a few photos. UCD keeper was having a chat with a UCD squad member who was also standing behind the goal.

Keeper :"Robbie been booked twice"
UCD Squaddie : "Ah no?"
Keeper: "Yea two yellows but he's still on"

Im certain that Robbie Martin got booked in the second half, not sure about the first.

pete
29/07/2004, 1:14 PM
I think too much of a coincidence that a lot of people suspicious about the 2 yellows?

Sure when Martin was booked in 2nd hlaf the other (Doyle?) UCD forward seemed to be making gestures to him to keep his mouth shut before referee noticed his mistake...

:rolleyes:

niamh
29/07/2004, 1:49 PM
Think we'd be hearing something around now if it were true.
But then things haven't been revealed by the FAI in the past.

pete
29/07/2004, 1:51 PM
I emailed the eircomleague & they haven't got 'match report' yet (maybe ref has to do some editing) & mail has been passed onto "The PR fella" so i await a speedy details response ;)

SÓC
29/07/2004, 1:56 PM
And guess who is Referee tomorow night against Waterford.....Ian Stokes :mad:Era folks dont bother going to the match.

City0-1 Waterford
Pen 89 mins

Cork City have a John O'Flynn hattrick disallowed

Jari would have the UCD game on tape. If it turns out to be true Stokes should be banned from ever being in charge of a Cork City again. Feic he should be banned from Reffing our games anyway.

patsh
29/07/2004, 2:18 PM
He was the ref for the away game in Longford, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he ref the Wahurfort game the following Tuesday?

pete
29/07/2004, 2:19 PM
I think its naive to suggest we lost game because of Stokes.

No arguing that Stokes was a poor ref - so many cards for a non-violent game, let UCD players away with blatant time wasting without ever even suggesting they'd not waste time.

thecorner
29/07/2004, 2:30 PM
Feic he should be banned from Reffing our games anyway.

more like banned from ALL games,not just ours

NorthoftheLee
29/07/2004, 3:11 PM
And guess who is Referee tomorow night against Waterford.....Ian Stokes :mad:

there's goes any chance of us ending the hoodoo over the blaas.....my blood pressure is already begining to rise with the thought of that useless piece of crap in Turners cross again.... :mad:

pineapple stu
29/07/2004, 6:44 PM
I think too much of a coincidence that a lot of people suspicious about the 2 yellows?

Not really - that kind of thing would spread through the crowd easily enough. Ten minutes after the game, most people had heard from someone anyway without actually knowing anything.

tiktok
29/07/2004, 8:02 PM
....most people had heard from someone anyway without actually knowing anything.....

one of the people spreading the rumour was Darren Quigley ;)

Ian Stokes didn't cost us the game last night, he was awful on the whole but apart from not cracking down on timewasting he did little that could be seen to favour UCD over us.

Both teams had to play despite him.

Ali-G
29/07/2004, 8:23 PM
I dont know what ye are all so worked up about. We will beat UCD in the return leg

adamcarr
29/07/2004, 8:30 PM
I dont know what ye are all so worked up about. We will beat UCD in the return leg
.......... :eek:

thecorner
29/07/2004, 8:43 PM

and the funniest popst of the year goes to

DAAAWWWWW ALI-G

whats the betting he will come on and say he was only messing :D

pineapple stu
29/07/2004, 9:03 PM
We will beat UCD in the return leg

Not in Europe any more! ;)

one of the people spreading the rumour was Darren Quigley

I heard that alright - or at least, I heard a rumour that Darren was spreading a rumour - but I would hope that Quigley was far too far away from our forwards to see them getting booked twice. Unlike Devine... ;)

Wasn't far off getting to that corner actually...

exile
29/07/2004, 10:33 PM
were going to have a hard time convincing a few people that were at the match last nite not to lynch stokes :eek:

Ali-G
30/07/2004, 8:33 PM
Good man Corner, yes I was joking. After all, dublin is in a different country from the People's Republic.
:D

thecorner
31/07/2004, 2:43 AM
just as i guessed

ali-g hasnt got a clue
:D

Éanna
01/08/2004, 1:15 PM
He was the ref for the away game in Longford, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he ref the Wahurfort game the following Tuesday?
and derry away. as far as I can make out, he's reffed us 5 times this season and we've yet to win- he's also given 3 penalties against us. coincidence? :rolleyes: