PDA

View Full Version : EXILES for Drogheda?

Snatch
29/07/2004, 9:36 AM
As it's a bank holiday, there is no bus or train coming back late enough from Drogheda on Monday night.
I'm looking into hiring a mini-bus instaed. It would be much better craic and would get us right to United Park.

The bus would have to leave around 5.30-6 from Dublin city centre.

It might be difficult to get one at such short notice but I'm investigating.

Please reply if you are definately up for it.

If we can't get a bus or enough numbers, we can try arranging cars instead.

pete
29/07/2004, 9:42 AM
I won't be in Dublin @ weekend but hopefully be back up early enough to drive up to Drogs...

Can't give 100% now but is probable.

thecorner
29/07/2004, 9:45 AM
great stuff,with the ccisa bus also gooing up,we should have good crowd up there

niamh
29/07/2004, 11:58 AM
Am in Dublin. Would go to game but am working until 5.45ish so couldn't leave before that.

Hecko
29/07/2004, 12:03 PM
On for it alright. Leaving from town about 6 should do, wouldn't it ?

Eric
29/07/2004, 2:59 PM
I'm due to be working until 10pm on Monday so not looking good for me to get to the match :mad: :mad:

Peadar
29/07/2004, 3:01 PM
I'm due to be working until 10pm on Monday so not looking good for me to get to the match :mad: :mad:

Ask one of the Rovers lads to arrange a car chase for you up the new road to Belfast and then you can stop off to "take some witness statements" in Drogheda :D

Colm
29/07/2004, 11:53 PM

Your presence is required or else some people might start singing Eurovison songs on the megaphone! :D

Snatch
30/07/2004, 8:01 AM
Numbers aren't looking great lads. I suppose Monday of a bank holiday doesn't suit people and several Exiles living in the north side will drive up.

Were we to book a mini-bus now, it would cost us more than for those coming in the bus from Cork!

With the numbers we have, I'd imagine it would make more sense to try and fill the cars going from Dublin and chip in for petrol money. We could rendez-vous in Drogheda before the game. A few full cars heading to Drogheda would be a big addition to the overall City turnout at the game.

Please post up if you're planning on driving up and willing to give fellas a spin and if you need a lift. To make things easier, say if you're North or South side.

Wicklowrebel
30/07/2004, 8:36 AM
Intended driving up but my w@nker of a car went on strike this morning. Will drive if I can get it sorted today. Will post tommorrow with an update. Will be heading from Wicklow.

kevincronin2000
30/07/2004, 9:12 AM
Intended driving up but my w@nker of a car went on strike this morning. Will drive if I can get it sorted today. Will post tommorrow with an update. Will be heading from Wicklow.
You could always rent a vw golf from hertz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colm
30/07/2004, 2:58 PM
Were we to book a mini-bus now, it would cost us more than for those coming in the bus from Cork!

That just goes to show how reasonable a price Ian's bus is.

Snatch
31/07/2004, 9:22 AM
Please post up if you're planning on driving up and willing to give fellas a spin and if you need a lift. To make things easier, say if you're North or South side.

I forgot to say that I'm looking for a lift on Monday night. I'm coming from the southside. Any offers gratefully accepted.

iceman
31/07/2004, 6:39 PM
Lads if any of you are coming up on public transport and worried about getting back to Dublin the taxi fares to the city centre from Drogheda are as follows : Car e65 , 8 Seater e75 and 14 Seater e90 .

The 14 seated is actually the best value if you can fill it.

If anyone wants to book this then pm me and I'll give the phone number of the company - 24 hr service.

Snatch
01/08/2004, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the info iceman but I'm sorted for a lift. ;) I hope other Exiles managed to arrange transport.

I now some Exiles might be driving up straight from work and be tight for time but those who'll be in Drogheda an hour or so before kick-off should meet up beforehand.

I don't know the pubs in Dorgheda but maybe Mother Hughes as suggested on another thread would do the job, as it's beside the ground.

Otherwise, I'll see ye at the match or for those not going we'll meet up for the St. Pats game on Friday.

Snatch
02/08/2004, 10:39 AM
There is still some space in cars going to Drogheda from Dublin this evening.

If you wanna go, give me a call now.

Stephen: 085 1451252