PDA

View Full Version : Carel Tiofack

Carrigaline
13/02/2012, 2:57 PM
Apparently Arsene Wenger is interested in this lad, he is Cameroonian born, but a current under-17 international. Formerly of Ballincollig Athletic, he is now at Ipswich and plays as a striker of a winger. I had heard of him, but have never seen him in action. It's been a long time since we've had a young talent make it at a top Premier League club, perhaps this lad will be the one?

theworm2345
13/02/2012, 3:29 PM
Apparently Arsene Wenger is interested in this lad, he is Cameroonian born, but a current under-17 international. Formerly of Ballincollig Athletic, he is now at Ipswich and plays as a striker of a winger. I had heard of him, but have never seen him in action. It's been a long time since we've had a young talent make it at a top Premier League club, perhaps this lad will be the one?
Cue the Wenger pedophile and "which top club?" jokes (and maybe "Tiofack ar la" puns...though thats a stretch).

BonnieShels
13/02/2012, 4:17 PM
Don't tell Wenger he's Irish.

ArdeeBhoy
13/02/2012, 4:45 PM
Lol to those last two posts...

elroy
13/02/2012, 4:47 PM
I think I can once ask a question of eligibility without fear of it turning into a thousand posts, presume he qualifies through residency?

Closed Account
13/02/2012, 6:07 PM
I think I can once ask a question of eligibility without fear of it turning into a thousand posts, presume he qualifies through residency?http://www.deckerwormsales.com/images/a_can_of_worms_md_clr.gif

Eminence Grise
13/02/2012, 6:53 PM

Must pick up a fair few bookings so...

SkStu
14/02/2012, 1:12 AM
Cue the Wenger pedophile and "which top club?" jokes (and maybe "Tiofack ar la" puns...though thats a stretch).

get tio fack out of that.

liamoo11
14/02/2012, 7:33 AM

He was not involved in any of the euro qualifiers last season at under 17. He would link up with roberts who is same age group at arsenal. Dont know if there are any under 18 games this season.

AlaskaFox
17/02/2012, 11:32 AM
Released by Ipswich:
http://greenscene.me/2012/02/carel-tiofack-and-conor-odonnell-released-by-ipswich/

sonofakeano
17/02/2012, 12:30 PM
Big week for the lad, one minute he is on his way to the Premiership with Arsenal no less, and next he is looking for a club. Poor lad, hope he finds one soon

liamoo11
17/02/2012, 5:59 PM
Released by Ipswich:
http://greenscene.me/2012/02/carel-tiofack-and-conor-odonnell-released-by-ipswich/

Bit of a mean spirited wind up for the kid by whoever linked him with arsenal. Hope he gets another club

Eminence Grise
17/02/2012, 7:33 PM
What odds it was his agent talking him up? Likewise, I hope he gets another club, and quickly.

Olé Olé
02/10/2012, 2:03 PM
Almost 8 months on from his release, any word on Tiofack's current club, if he has one?

EDIT: Spain, at some level, was where Carel last plied his trade.

http://www.diariodejerez.es/article/deportes/1352195/con/la/ilusion/por/bandera.html
Translation courtesy of the Google facility:

The Preferred starts this weekend with three teams in contention Jerez like last year, where he finished the Jerez Industrial ascending to First Andalusian and Federico Mayo returned thanks to the rise in the repechage of Algaida. Together the team of El Chicle Javi coaching Palos, Yeyo Estella Ramirez and Athletic Cruyff New Jarilla complete the list of clubs Jerez, in which the three technicians are new. CF F ederico May Although newly promoted, the Federico Mayo up nothing and its performance will depend largely on adapting the English players who have arrived after an agreement between the club president Antonio Perez Pacheco, Rubio , and academia that has NextStars John Gontier as coordinator in Spain. result of this agreement, Javi Palos, new coach Mayanist, employs staff with Carel midfielder Tiofack (5/20/94), playmaker Adam Hurrell (14/01/94), the central Farai Hallam (26-4 - 93) and forward Kyle Riley (17/10/93), which form part of Frederick May until end of season. But Rubio does not want to launch from the rooftops or put pressure on their own: "The goal is to score as many points as possible and try to win the next game, and in the B and the youth. then, if the competition puts us in a position to fight, but not surrender now look no more objective than the next game. "

AlaskaFox
02/10/2012, 9:24 PM
Actually have a draft post on GS, that I never got around to finishing from August:

Republic of Ireland under-17 international striker Carel Tiofack has joined Spanish side CF Federico Mayo after being released by Ipswich Town.

Cameroon-born Tiofack was released in February by the Tractor Boys despite being linked with Arsenal, and has now moved to Spanish Regional Preferente Cádiz side CF Federico Mayo as part of John Gontier's NextStars scheme.

Carrigaline
02/10/2012, 10:43 PM
Can't help but think he would be better off in Ireland or the UK. The last guy we had to go abroad was Connor Morrisey and he can't even get a club despite the fact he was an underage international and tipped to have a future in football.

Olé Olé
02/10/2012, 10:57 PM
Can't help but think he would be better off in Ireland or the UK. The last guy we had to go abroad was Connor Morrisey and he can't even get a club despite the fact he was an underage international and tipped to have a future in football.

Some players have had dalliances in Cyprus and Italy and have come back to clubs; Conor McCormack (Shamrock Rovers), Matthew Cassidy (Hyde) and Robbie Gibbons (Scunthorpe United) are three that have been released by English sides and gone abroad and come back.

Ian Daly just found himself a club with Conference South team Bromley having been in Greece and Spain before returning to Ireland to play with St. Pat's. And Christy Fagan was with the Glenn Hoddle academy with Hamilton, Lincoln, St. Pat's and Bohs all seeing fit to sign him.

Doesn't seemed to have worked out for Morrissey though, you're right.

Olé Olé
02/10/2012, 11:04 PM
Actually, where is Michael Collins that went to Triestina with Conor McCormack? Did he go to Cyprus?

Carrigaline
02/10/2012, 11:25 PM
Some players have had dalliances in Cyprus and Italy and have come back to clubs; Conor McCormack (Shamrock Rovers), Matthew Cassidy (Hyde) and Robbie Gibbons (Scunthorpe United) are three that have been released by English sides and gone abroad and come back.

Ian Daly just found himself a club with Conference South team Bromley having been in Greece and Spain before returning to Ireland to play with St. Pat's. And Christy Fagan was with the Glenn Hoddle academy with Hamilton, Lincoln, St. Pat's and Bohs all seeing fit to sign him.

Doesn't seemed to have worked out for Morrissey though, you're right.My point was that their spells abroad have generally been disastrous. Either they don't kick a ball, they barely play, don't get paid, or the club goes tits up. All these things, in different combinations (and sometimes more than once) afflicted the likes of McCormack, Sheridan, Collins, Morrissey, Fagan, Gibbons, Daly, etc.

I can't help but feel that Tiofack will be back in Ireland or the UK in a years time and that he will have learned nothing and wasted a year of development.

Carrigaline
02/10/2012, 11:31 PM
Actually, where is Michael Collins that went to Triestina with Conor McCormack? Did he go to Cyprus?
Collins was released from Triestina. Had a trial with Macclesfield at one point, then dropped out of the game.

Charlie Darwin
03/10/2012, 12:30 AM
McCormack was pretty scathing of the political situation at Triestina. In addition to young players in Italy traditionally not getting the same run at the first team as players in other countries, he said the league financially induced clubs to play as many Italians as possible, which smaller clubs like Triestina are particularly susceptible to.

Charlie Darwin
06/06/2013, 11:41 AM
Interview with Tiofack from the Emerald Exiles site: http://theemeraldexiles.com/2013/03/17/carel-tiofack/

paul_oshea
06/06/2013, 12:07 PM
Wisdom beyond his years, sounds like a smart guy too. I like this bit:

“They were a lot quicker than me because they are playing regularly but I also noticed I am getting technical. With the ball, I’m a lot better than them. It’s noticeable. I thought I had that little inch when it came to passing drills and possession. My thinking was that little bit ahead of them. My movement and quick feet too,” he continues. He’s only been in Spain eight months, at Cadiz just four."

Jofspring
30/07/2013, 10:42 PM
Looks like this lad is signing for us. Was talking to him at the Derry match on Sunday and he played a trial game last night.

Charlie Darwin
30/07/2013, 10:44 PM
Spain obviously didn't work out for him. He's from Limerick, isn't he? Or Cork? Makes sense.

Jofspring
30/07/2013, 10:49 PM
He has lived in Ballincollig in Cork since 2004 but is original born in Cameroon. He got a move to Cadiz B while in Spain and played mainly with Cadiz C while over there. Doolin has had him in under 19 squads recently so he must be decent enough. Could be a very interesting signing for us if it comes to fruition

Charlie Darwin
30/07/2013, 11:15 PM
Ah right, will be interesting to see how he does. A spell in Spain didn't seem to do Christy Fagan much harm but Ian Daly seems to have disappeared completely.

gastric
31/07/2013, 2:43 AM
Ah right, will be interesting to see how he does. A spell in Spain didn't seem to do Christy Fagan much harm but Ian Daly seems to have disappeared completely.

Had completely forgotten about Daly, playing in the Conference with Bromley according to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Daly

tetsujin1979
31/07/2013, 3:56 PM
confirmed signing for Limerick, along with Jason Hughes: http://www.limerickfc.ie/tiofack-hughes

nigel-harps1954
27/01/2014, 12:55 PM
Signed for Finn Harps.