PDA

View Full Version : proud sponsors

thecorner
28/07/2004, 8:50 PM
red fm....my b0llox

stuck in work tonight,waiting for 9:00 news for an update on the game and not even fcuking sports news....looks like the first of our sunshine supporters has left

they are the for the big european nights but when it comes to the fai cup they cant be bothered to fcuking wait around

they,as sponsors should be bringing us half hourly updates

and they have a cheek to put on-air
"red-fm -proud sponsors of cork city fc"

RANT OVER :mad:

yan
28/07/2004, 10:01 PM
Sean Finn hit a stunning goal to put UCD into the third round of the FAI Carlsberg Cup and heap further woe on Cork City’s season

this is more of it from there website (http://newsfeed.tcm.ie/redfm/story.asp?j=129725995&p=yz97z68yx&n=129726881) and a so called match report from our proud sponsers, i dont think our season has been full of woe!!!! :mad: :confused: :mad:

sullanefc
29/07/2004, 12:47 AM
Sunshine supporters! You're only sunshine supporters! Sunshine suppooooorters! You're only sunshine suppoooorters!

Neil
29/07/2004, 11:36 AM
Same with 96fm. They send billy barry all over europe and they cant even manage a scoreline tonight. W*****S

The junketeers have gone back under their stones.

I wonder how many "Club Officials" were at Belfield last night? Not half as many as were in Nantes I'd say!

Schumi
29/07/2004, 12:46 PM
heap further woe on Cork City’s season
How is it further woe? Cork are doing well in the league and had a great European run, this is the first thing that's gone badly. You'd expect better from club sponsors.

max power
29/07/2004, 12:52 PM
limerick in the league cup ????

Peadar
29/07/2004, 1:02 PM
limerick in the league cup ????

Longford, St Pats and Bohs are the only ones who give a shíte about that yoke. It's a waste of time if you ask me.

max power
29/07/2004, 1:04 PM
ha ha and the toto cup is/was a major european trophy/s as well....... ;)

Peadar
29/07/2004, 1:07 PM
ha ha and the toto cup is/was a major european trophy/s as well....... ;)

I'll put it this way to you.
Longford made it all the way to the final last year, what was the biggest crowd you got and what kind of national/international media exposure did you get? Need I say more!?!

max power
29/07/2004, 1:10 PM
and you won what last season again ???

out of a population of 35,000 we got 2,500 which is about 8% of total pop of longford county....

how many are in cork city alone, 300,000....i don't know and your highest is 8,000....

per head in our region we don't do too badly, remember that you are the second largest city in the country and the largest county.

Flynninio
29/07/2004, 1:15 PM
theres **** all else sport in longford you muppet. where as cork is the sporting capital of ireland.now **** off you backward ****. ;)

Peadar
29/07/2004, 1:17 PM
how many are in cork city alone, 300,000....i don't know and your highest is 8,000....

The population as of the last census for Cork City was 123,062

Also our crowd was limited to 8,000 for safety reasons.
There's no doubt we'd have sold more tickets if we had greater capacity.
No such problems exist in Longford.

You have however, proved me right by your figures when I said that the League Cup was only important to the likes of Longford.
For you, it seems, it was a great success to finish as runners-up last season.
Well done, I'm happy for you.

max power
29/07/2004, 1:17 PM
he asked and i answered :p

max power
29/07/2004, 1:21 PM
The population as of the last census for Cork City was 123,062

Also our crowd was limited to 8,000 for safety reasons.
There's no doubt we'd have sold more tickets if we had greater capacity.
No such problems exist in Longford.

You have however, proved me right by your figures when I said that the League Cup was only important to the likes of Longford.
For you, it seems, it was a great success to finish as runners-up last season.
Well done, I'm happy for you.

runners up, na we were 4th.

123,062, with 8,000 crowd hmmmmm about 7% of total population i would say. lower than us :eek:

Flynninio
29/07/2004, 1:29 PM
cork is a city - longford is a town if any town in ireland was in a final the % of popoulation that would go to the game would be very high as its a community like buzz.bigger areas dont have that buzz as much look at dublin with all its clubs having small attendances and over a million population.

Peadar
29/07/2004, 1:29 PM

123,062, with 8,000 crowd hmmmmm about 7% of total population i would say. lower than us :eek:

I thought you lost to St Pats in the final at Inchicore?

As I said, we were limited in how many people we could let in so the crowd can't be used to support your argument.
For you though, the draw of the League Cup was not sufficient to raise any capacity issues.

max power
29/07/2004, 1:34 PM
your limited crowd so build your own ground, the best supported club in the country should be able to do that ????

longford is a gaa county ( as bad as it is ) so soccer is a second/third sport so there is competition in our small county too.

still 7% of total pop in cork, 8% in longford and we 20% of total pop in the ground :D

Peadar
29/07/2004, 1:43 PM
your limited crowd so build your own ground, the best supported club in the country should be able to do that ????

People actually want to live in Cork and companies actually want to locate there. Land isn't cheap like it is in the middle of nowhere around Longford.

longford is a gaa county ( as bad as it is ) so soccer is a second/third sport so there is competition in our small county too.

Sport is far more competitive in Cork.
We've got teams who are successful in Hurling, G Football, Rugby, Basketball, Hockey, Athletics, Boxing, Martial Arts the list is endless.
Longford comes nowhere near.

observer
29/07/2004, 1:48 PM
I am getting an extra large grain of salt together, to digest the knowledge that all "Exiles" assembled in Lonnergans bar before the cup game, in order to support UCD and ensure that City were dumped out of the cup. God be with the days at Flower Lodge when Wiggington, Davenport and Morley wanted to win all before them. Also Turners cross with Tucker Allen & Co in full flow. Now all is peaceful and serene in the Douglas Area as City are only interested in the League and European Contests. :rolleyes:
Interesting how cup competitions become meaningless for those clubs which have just been dumped out of them!

Peadar
29/07/2004, 1:53 PM
Interesting how cup competitions become meaningless for those clubs which have just been dumped out of them!

We were talking about the League Cup and I've always been of the opinion that it's a waste of time. Look on FAI.ie (http://www.fai.ie) and find any decent information about this competition.

As for the FAI Challenge Cup (are they still calling it that?) I've also been critical of our approach to this over the last few years since we won it.

sullanefc
29/07/2004, 1:53 PM

You obviousley weren't reading posts prior to the game where fans were a bit dissinterested in the cup game.

max power
29/07/2004, 1:54 PM
People actually want to live in Cork and companies actually want to locate there. Land isn't cheap like it is in the middle of nowhere around Longford.

Sport is far more competitive in Cork.
We've got teams who are successful in Hurling, G Football, Rugby, Basketball, Hockey, Athletics, Boxing, Martial Arts the list is endless.
Longford comes nowhere near.

ha ha boxing in cork, thats like knife throwing in limerick :D , material arts as well ha ha, athletics or as its known running away from someone wanting to box ya, hurling-martial arts with sticks, rugby ha ha patrick j would love that and gaelic even we got further in the championship this year.

all those sports are in longford too, no argument, the only points are you in no cups and 7% of total pop in cork to a rented ground for a 20 year old team nuff said

thecorner
29/07/2004, 6:07 PM
dont know why ye are even getting involved with the longford sheep shaggers

let the thread disappear lads

razor
30/07/2004, 7:28 AM
dont know why ye are even getting involved with the longford sheep shaggers

let the thread disappear lads

Especially after the shame they heaped upon our country last night.

patsh
30/07/2004, 8:09 AM
all those sports are in longford too, no argument, the only points are you in no cups and 7% of total pop in cork to a rented ground for a 20 year old team nuff saidAnyone care to translate?

max power
30/07/2004, 9:18 AM
read above.

patsh
30/07/2004, 9:33 AM
read above.I did. Thats why I need a translation!

max power
30/07/2004, 9:34 AM
maybe tomorrow ;)

patsh
30/07/2004, 10:04 AM
maybe tomorrow ;)Still getting over the shame of last nights disgrace?.......:o

max power
30/07/2004, 10:29 AM
disgrace, no that was the wen when the major european giants were knocked out of the cup by a lowing bunch of students ;)

patsh
30/07/2004, 10:41 AM
disgrace, no that was the wen when the major european giants were knocked out of the cup by a lowing bunch of students ;)I don't think UCD will be happy that you think they make cow noises.

As for being knocked out of the cup, it was a poor result for us, but thats the "romance" of the cup for you.
We are not making excuses like you and a few others. Have a chat with your goalkeeper.

razor
30/07/2004, 10:46 AM
disgrace, no that was the wen when the major european giants were knocked out of the cup by a lowing bunch of students ;)
Shocks happen all the time in football, thats what makes it such a great game.
But you're defeat last night shamed the whole nation. :o

max power
30/07/2004, 10:46 AM
thats his personal thoughts on the game, not an official club statement.

where am i making excuses, you've said it on two thread but yet no quote anywhere ???

max power
30/07/2004, 10:47 AM
ha ha shamed the whole nation, lets bring the players out and whip them in public......

razor
30/07/2004, 11:52 AM
ha ha shamed the whole nation, lets bring the players out and whip them in public......

Whipping would be too good for 'em
;)
Plus a few of 'em might actually enjoy it.

Peadar
03/08/2004, 3:15 PM

I was fairly certain that you had lost the final last year Max. Haven't been able to find any details of this anywhere though.