PDA

View Full Version : FAI Statement on UCD-gate

pete
28/07/2004, 3:51 PM
Nasty war of words?

FAI statement on Cork City FC (http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Welcome+to+the+FAI%21.htm)

The Football Association of Ireland today rejected suggestions in a statement from Cork City FC that the Club had been “unfairly dealt with” in relation to their fixtures schedule.

The Football Association of Ireland has been fully supportive of Cork City, and our other three representatives in European Competition, and has facilitated them in every way possible.

The Football Association of Ireland is clear that it had been agreed to play the Carlsberg/FAI Cup fixture, UCD v Cork City, on Wednesday 28 July, 2004 and that this was confirmed at the Domestic Committee meeting on 10 July, 2004.

The Association has been in regular discussions with both UCD and Cork City to reach a satisfactory resolution to the fixture schedule. Included in these discussions were proposals to move the Cup fixture to either Thursday or Friday of this week. However, the Association was unable to obtain the cooperation of Cork City in this regard.

Cork City made the decision to play their eircom League Premier Division fixture against Waterford United as scheduled on Friday 30 July, 2004, instead of availing of the option open to them, under rule, to have this fixture postponed.

The Football Association of Ireland has requested Cork City to provide evidence to support their contention that “private correspondence between the club and the FAI found its way to certain parts of the media” and rejects any inference that any individual from the Association was responsible in this regard.

adamcarr
28/07/2004, 4:00 PM
FAI statement on Cork City FC (http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Welcome+to+the+FAI%21.htm)
Shouldnt that be Cork Celtic FC??? :rolleyes:

Queenstown Ram
28/07/2004, 9:47 PM
This is the FAI's way of saying thank for putting Irish football on the map. the Dublin clubs cant do it so F**k yee down south.

Its a pity but its the way the FAI/eL is run

sullanefc
29/07/2004, 12:42 AM
f*ckem.........

razor
29/07/2004, 7:55 AM
f*ckem.........
My sentiments exactly
Damn them all to Hell.

max power
29/07/2004, 8:03 AM
and the euro hangover gets worse........

razor
29/07/2004, 8:07 AM

If we're not careful we'll be dragged into the relegation dogfight with yourselves and the rod squad.
;)

max power
29/07/2004, 8:10 AM
no no all is fine with us, the waters on the lakes of longford are calm.

you on the other hand, hmmmmmmm, games in hand aren't points.and a run in europe might not happen next season.....if you don't finish high enough of course.

razor
29/07/2004, 8:15 AM
the other hand, hmmmmmmm, games in hand aren't points.and a run in europe might not happen next season.....if you don't finish high enough of course.

Or we could go on to crush all before us, cruise to the title and go on to dominate next seasons Champions League.

Just depends which side of the fence your on.

Theres no room for your negativity here mister.

max power
29/07/2004, 8:18 AM
na not being negitave, just showing both sides of the story and the bohs game and last night are 2 prime examples, if the blahford game doesn't go well then heads could drop, i of course would hate to see that........

razor
29/07/2004, 8:24 AM
na not being negitave, just showing both sides of the story and the bohs game and last night are 2 prime examples, if the blahford game doesn't go well then heads could drop, i of course would hate to see that........
You are only showing one side of the story and thats the negative one.
So thats you being negative.

I thought someone provincial like yourself would want us to go on and defeat the forces of evil from Charloville.

Be positive.

max power
29/07/2004, 8:27 AM
no certain cork fans attitude towards the other EL teams in europe changed my thoughts about cork.......everytime you get a negative result it will have a positive influence on me.

paudie
29/07/2004, 8:34 AM
no certain cork fans attitude towards the other EL teams in europe changed my thoughts about cork.......everytime you get a negative result it will have a positive influence on me.

Thats a bit harsh.

From what I've read on the various threads nearly all City fans hope all the other Irish clubs do well in Europe.

max power
29/07/2004, 8:35 AM
ya should have gone to specsavers.

max power
29/07/2004, 8:44 AM
conor just wondering, if kerry join the league, will you support them ???

i am free to think of other teams as i wish, add in the dolan factor and the ever growing ego down there ( heaven knows why, you've won nothing ) and it all adds up to me not really liking cork very much. can i be put down for not liking yee lot, don't think so, just look at the anti shels element within your own ranks and get back to me.

razor
29/07/2004, 8:52 AM
i am free to think of other teams as i wish, add in the dolan factor and the ever growing ego down there ( heaven knows why, you've won nothing ) and it all adds up to me not really liking cork very much. can i be put down for not liking yee lot, don't think so, just look at the anti shels element within your own ranks and get back to me.

Fair enough max, Sure you're entitled to your opinion.
In fairness the Anti Shels thing is not just us, its all over the rest of the League.

paudie
29/07/2004, 9:00 AM
ya should have gone to specsavers.

I'm embarrassed I made that post now. You certainly proved me wrong :o

Hecko
29/07/2004, 9:12 AM
Max Power - apart from the obvious fact that you have to be pretty stupid/immature to change your opinion of a club because of what one or two of its fans says, you have to agree that it's pretty sad spending so much time on eth message board of a club you don't even like. Get a life

max power
29/07/2004, 9:16 AM
just making my point and relpying to posts that i make, its bad manners not to answer when someone talks to you.........

and if you read my other posts, the attitude of cork certain cork fans towards other el teams in europe is not my only reason, plus you can't be liked by everyone now can you. and at least i'm being honest.

max power
29/07/2004, 9:47 AM
ws just wondering seeing as your from/based in kerry and ther is talk of a kerry team entering the league

agreed as said.

NorthoftheLee
29/07/2004, 10:00 AM
conor just wondering, if kerry join the league, will you support them ???

a handful of people does not represent the clubs fans......remember we are averaging around 3,500 - 4,000 so to take a representation of city fans from about 10 posters (who expressed their dislike of shels) on the internet is pretty much very sad.....

if you take a couple of the foola longford fans on this board then you could sum up all longford fans as being ****s. However from meeting a lot of longford fans I know thats not the case in general.......

pete
29/07/2004, 10:21 AM
South Kerry and North Kerry are a bit like South and North Korea. The same, but different. North Kerry is more allied to West Limerick. Same flat landscape, same people (rougher!), they love hurling etc. etc. South Kerry and West Cork are pretty much the same, same mountainous landscape, fishing villages etc. etc.

Is that the official FF party line? ;)

sullanefc
29/07/2004, 11:05 AM
can i be put down for not liking yee lot, don't think so, just look at the anti shels element within your own ranks and get back to me.

"I don't like ye cos ye don't like Shels. Boo hoo!!" All very mature here today :D

max power
29/07/2004, 11:07 AM
your the one in the youth team :D

na its the way other el teams got behind you in europe and suddenly cork are out of europe and "some" of their fans don't want anyone else in it either.

ccfcman
29/07/2004, 11:09 AM
1-0 down to a bunch of bakers,postmen and accountants :D (that'd be vaduz by the by)

max power
29/07/2004, 11:11 AM
at least they have jobs and aren't students ;)

ccfcman
29/07/2004, 11:19 AM
ya its great to be young and have ALL my own hair ;)

max power
29/07/2004, 11:19 AM
you callin me bald :mad: ;)

ccfcman
29/07/2004, 11:20 AM
implying.....maybe!

its better to be over the hill than buried in it!

max power
29/07/2004, 11:21 AM
in the 25 to 30 age bracket, but still climbing the hill.

ccfcman
29/07/2004, 11:22 AM
get back to longford,less stress,you'll live longer and support lungeforward town for longer :p

max power
29/07/2004, 11:24 AM
no i'll stay in inchicore, every time the odd cent or two falls out of my pocket there is a rep from pats picking it up so i'm helping to keep them afloat.....

sullanefc
29/07/2004, 11:25 AM
your the one in the youth team :D

:rolleyes:

na its the way other el teams got behind you in europe and suddenly cork are out of europe and "some" of their fans don't want anyone else in it either.

I think this might have to do with the fact that there are a lot more city fans on here and more varying opinion. If you went to the shels game last night and asked everyone in attendance if they were cheering on Cork in their Euro run? Would everysingle one of them say yes?? I don't think so. The 2 or 3 Shels fans coming on here wishing us luck in the intertoto isn't exactly the entire shels support is it?

max power
29/07/2004, 11:27 AM
i did and they all said yes so there ;)

max power
29/07/2004, 11:28 AM
:rolleyes:

I think this might have to do with the fact that there are a lot more city fans on here and more varying opinion. If you went to the shels game last night and asked everyone in attendance if they were cheering on Cork in their Euro run? Would everysingle one of them say yes?? I don't think so. The 2 or 3 Shels fans coming on here wishing us luck in the intertoto isn't exactly the entire shels support is it?

eh yes it is, shels only have about 6 fans so you got 50% support up front and the others don't have computers in the joy or just can't write.

sullanefc
29/07/2004, 11:33 AM
eh yes it is, shels only have about 6 fans so you got 50% support up front and the others don't have computers in the joy or just can't write.

:D Fair enough then :D :D
But that was very anti Shels tho!! :eek: :D

max power
29/07/2004, 11:34 AM
never, every word the truth.......