PDA

View Full Version : Devenney set for Harps return

A face
27/07/2004, 11:07 PM
Devenney set for Harps return

July 27, 2004

Donegal Gaelic footballer Brendan Devenney is poised to rejoin First Division promotion contenders Finn Harps after the county’s acrimonious exit from the All-Ireland Football series at the weekend.

Devenney was sent off as Donegal suffered an extra-time defeat at the hands of neighbours Fermanagh at Clones on Saturday evening.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=12680)

gspain
28/07/2004, 4:14 PM
Is this genuine or just a scam - remember last year the Dublin gaelic goalie - can't remember his name was facing a 3 month ban and he was reported to be signing for Pats on the back of the Herald and lo and behold his ban was dropped to 2 weeks. Brilliant spin job and apparently no truth in the rumours at all. :)

Devenney hasn't played football for a couple of years now but presumably will be reasonably fit. He always seems to promise more than he delivered though in a Harps shirt.

He did hit the referee 3 times so presumably even in GAA that is a serious offence.

harpskid
28/07/2004, 4:38 PM
He has been playing soccer since he left Harps. He has been with Kildrum Tigers, and helped them win the Ulster Senior League last season

gspain
29/07/2004, 11:13 AM
Cheers Harpskid - I should have looked at that Kildrum programme more closely.

I hope it is genuine and he does come back to play real football.

If it is a spin job just to keep his GAA suspension down then fine but I trust he is not messing Harps about.