PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior Cup 2012

adamd164
29/01/2012, 8:46 AM
Three of the games in this are being played next week, anything competitive is better than friendlies this time of year I suppose.

1. Waterford United FC v Castleview (10/2/2012)
2. Blarney Utd v Limerick (8/2/2012)
3. Rockmount v Cork City (7/2/2012)

Edit: Fermoy already through

Semi-Final Draw:

Rockmount/Cork City v Waterford United/Castleview
Fermoy v Blarney/Limerick

El-Pietro
29/01/2012, 8:53 AM
Fermoy beat Leeds on penalties

The Fermoy team includes former Cork City players Mick Devine, Timmy Kiely and David Clancy

adamd164
29/01/2012, 8:57 AM
And to think, Timmy Kiely was due to be 'the next big thing' after scoring the winner in the Setanta Cup Semi away to Derry a few seasons back....!

Iorfa2MaccaJim
29/01/2012, 12:11 PM
Hi lads.

I was just wondering does anyone have any background information on Castleview A.F.C.

citybone
29/01/2012, 7:21 PM
They are useless, yee should field a youth team and rest your first team ;-) give city only one pre season trip to Waterford.

sadloserkid
09/02/2012, 5:26 PM
Blarney 1 - Limerick 4

sullanefc
09/02/2012, 5:44 PM
Just to note, the Rockmount V Cork City game was postponed this week due to an unplayable pitch. Not sure if there is another date set.

sheao
09/02/2012, 10:30 PM
Just to note, the Rockmount V Cork City game was postponed this week due to an unplayable pitch. Not sure if there is another date set.

Appearently since the game was called off City now are deemed the home team and so game will probably go ahead in
Bishopstown.

adamd164
10/02/2012, 8:06 AM
Strange one, I can only assume that's because it wasn't caused by cold/wet weather and was just because their pitch was in a state. Glad we didn't send a team out onto it anyway!

citybone
10/02/2012, 1:11 PM
Game scheduled for the 3rd of March (day after the UCD league game). So the strongest possible team would be fringe players mixed with u19's but possible just the u19's.
I would rather have it as a pre-season game than a hinderence at the start of the season. Dont know why it cant be played either the 25th or 26th of Febuary as city have no game that weekend. or even if the pushed the game till the Sunday the 4th and have a extra days rest.

gormacha
11/02/2012, 11:33 AM
Waterford United 5 Castleview 1

adamd164
11/02/2012, 11:36 AM
Dont know why it cant be played either the 25th or 26th of Febuary as city have no game that weekend.

I'm guessing because we'll be fielding the u19 side and could well have another senior friendly pencilled in for that weekend.

citybone
11/02/2012, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing because we'll be fielding the u19 side and could well have another senior friendly pencilled in for that weekend.

as is we dont

El-Pietro
21/02/2012, 10:07 PM
Rockmount 2- 3 Cork City
City goals from Stephen Kenny, Jamie Murphy and Jason Forde. Stephen Kenny sent off when City were 2-1 up.

City Starting XI:
Kevin Burns
Ian Turner Murphy Kalen Spillane Jason Forde
Ross McCarthy Gary Buckley Kavanagh Stephen Kenny
Danny Morrissey Jamie Murphy

I don't know the first names of Murphy the defender or Kavanagh the midfielder, I think it might be Stephen Murphy but not sure

citybone
21/02/2012, 11:30 PM
City vs Waterfrod and Femoy vs Limerick in the Semi's

Jofspring
28/02/2012, 10:38 PM
Munster Senior Cup Semi-Final:

Fermoy vs Limerick Sunday March 18th according to our fixtures on www.limerickfc.ie

El-Pietro
29/02/2012, 8:52 AM
balls, was hoping it would be on a Saturday - Fermoy are my old club

directions to the Carraig Park
http://www.fermoysoccerclub.ie/wp/?page_id=20

Jofspring
18/03/2012, 5:18 PM
Fermoy 0-1 Limerick

El-Pietro
18/03/2012, 5:47 PM
Purcell scored the goal - Mostly U19s I believe though Gamble, Gaffney and Foley were brought on. Crazy to believe there were 2 ex Ireland internationals on the pitch I grew up playing my football on! (well the senior pitch, we werent allowed there until we got to the Senior/Junior level but still)

In total I believe there were 5 ex Cork City players involved

citybone
20/03/2012, 9:56 AM
Cork City vs Waterford United Tonight in Turners cross. Wont be a big crowd but its a trophy we can win. Although i expect a weak City team with fringe players and u19's

El-Pietro
20/03/2012, 10:16 AM
I'd guess a team that looks a bit like this

Kevin Burns
U19 U19 Kalen Spillane Jason Forde
U19 U19 Cathal Lordan U19
Jamie Murphy Tadgh Purcell or Danny Morrissey

KevB76
20/03/2012, 12:35 PM
Purcell scored the goal - Mostly U19s I believe though Gamble, Gaffney and Foley were brought on.

No its was mostly senior squad. U19s captain James McGrath played, Garbhan Coughlan and Steven McGann are also U19s but would be considered senior players.

Clifford
20/03/2012, 1:09 PM
Purcell scored the goal - Mostly U19s I believe though Gamble, Gaffney and Foley were brought on. Crazy to believe there were 2 ex Ireland internationals on the pitch I grew up playing my football on! (well the senior pitch, we werent allowed there until we got to the Senior/Junior level but still)

In total I believe there were 5 ex Cork City players involved

They sent quite a strong side to be fair, we were expecting more of a mixture of 19's and squad players, but it was the opposite - more or less full strength back four apparently and Behan up top.

They needed to bring on Gamble and Foley to see us off in the end!! ha ha. Seriously we gave a great account of ourselves and if we'd managed to score with the one or two half chances we created then it would have been interesting for sure. The lad Gaffney turned the game with his long throw caught us twice with it, one leading to the goal.

Great day for the club, pitch was in immaculate condition as usual.

Do you get up to see us at all these days?

El-Pietro
20/03/2012, 1:50 PM
They sent quite a strong side to be fair, we were expecting more of a mixture of 19's and squad players, but it was the opposite - more or less full strength back four apparently and Behan up top.

They needed to bring on Gamble and Foley to see us off in the end!! ha ha. Seriously we gave a great account of ourselves and if we'd managed to score with the one or two half chances we created then it would have been interesting for sure. The lad Gaffney turned the game with his long throw caught us twice with it, one leading to the goal.

Great day for the club, pitch was in immaculate condition as usual.

Do you get up to see us at all these days?
unfortunately not, living in the City and I work Sundays, don't go home all too often anymore. Must make more of an effort to get to the odd game, think I made it to one game last season i.e. 2010/11

do you know why Timmy Kiely didn't play? I heard he was doing alright and scoring a few goals?

El-Pietro
20/03/2012, 1:52 PM
No its was mostly senior squad. U19s captain James McGrath played, Garbhan Coughlan and Steven McGann are also U19s but would be considered senior players.
fair enough, my second hand reporter let me down!

We'll have a few U19s who have been involved with teh first team squad playing tonight and some fringe players. I'd be surprised if anyone who started last Friday is involved - hoping Purcell gets a run out to help him get closer to match fitness

Clifford
20/03/2012, 2:03 PM
unfortunately not, living in the City and I work Sundays, don't go home all too often anymore. Must make more of an effort to get to the odd game, think I made it to one game last season i.e. 2010/11

do you know why Timmy Kiely didn't play? I heard he was doing alright and scoring a few goals?

He's injured at the moment, got a knock before scoring the winner the week before vs Castleview in a vital match. We missed him Sunday for a bit of extra quality. Really nice lad and is settling well in town.

Hard to get down for the games when working all right, call over to the dug out for a chat if you get down before the end of the season for a game.

El-Pietro
20/03/2012, 2:17 PM
will try and get down alright or maybe to a game in the city sometime.

El-Pietro
21/03/2012, 7:36 AM
Cork City won 1-0 against Waterford United in Turners Cross last night. The goal was scored by Jamie Murphy and the City side lined out as follows

Kevin Burns
John Kavanagh Stephen Carroll Kalen Spillane Jason Forde
Shane Duggan Colin Healy Cathal Lordan
Jamie Murphy Tadgh Purcell Danny Morrissey

Waterfords team:
Hughes, Carey, Frost, Long, Burns, Dempsey, Ryan, Dunphy,
Kiely, Keegan, Phelan.
Seamus Long was sent off for Waterford in the second half

gormacha
21/03/2012, 8:09 AM
Who was wearing 20 for Cork?

El-Pietro
21/03/2012, 9:41 AM
thats Jamie Murphy, he played well in fairness. Showing a lot of improvement this year - Danny did well up front too as did young Kavanagh at right full.

gormacha
21/03/2012, 1:29 PM
thats Jamie Murphy, he played well in fairness. Showing a lot of improvement this year - Danny did well up front too as did young Kavanagh at right full.

I was impressed with Murphy's general play. Did he play with Craig Burns at underage level?

El-Pietro
21/03/2012, 2:06 PM
I was impressed with Murphy's general play. Did he play with Craig Burns at underage level?
No I don't think so - we signed him from Cobh at the start of last year - Burns I think came from Scotland when he was younger and then played for our all conquering and subsequently dismantled youth team. I could be wrong on that though

sadloserkid
23/03/2012, 11:17 AM
Burns, if Football Manager is to be believed, did have a spell with Dundee United (and was born in the US!).

El-Pietro
25/03/2012, 9:01 AM
Burns, if Football Manager is to be believed, did have a spell with Dundee United (and was born in the US!).

Yeah that sounds right - NY I think

El-Pietro
01/04/2012, 1:19 PM
Limerick will host Cork City in the Munster Senior Cup final on Monday the 7th of May with a 3pm Kick off
http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2012/03/30/munster-senior-cup-final-may-7th-at-jackman-park/

Jofspring
07/05/2012, 4:38 PM
Munster Senior Cup Final:

Limerick 1-0 Cork

Strong limerick team but a vast majority of under 19's for cork. Cork have some very good under age players coming through.

El-Pietro
07/05/2012, 5:04 PM
congratulations to Limerick. Wish I could have made it for todays game, disappointed we didn't bring the trophy home but delighted that such a young side performed so well (according to texts I received)

Lim till i die
07/05/2012, 6:09 PM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3087/5750183076_d996943c38_z.jpg

Downtown Limerick.

Incredible scenes.

NeverFeltBetter
07/05/2012, 7:04 PM
For a split second, I was like "What the ****...."

citybone
07/05/2012, 9:04 PM
I counted about 180 at kick off, but a few came in late so about 200, 50-75 City fans. Yes the Cork City u19 side + a few fringe senior players did very well against a very strong Limerick side. The pitch was in good nick alright, i was impressed with that alright. I think if the game was held in the cross there would have been a bigger crowd but i guess it is unfair for Limerick to mostly play the Final's in Cork (if/when they get to a final)

Always next year.

thomas72
08/05/2012, 11:11 AM
i thought cork was excellant to be honest they did very well i was susprised with the strenght of our team fringe players should of got a run IMO