PDA

View Full Version : Roddy's Shopping List

Sheridan
27/07/2004, 1:05 PM
What we need:

Decent back-up 'keeper. (If the rumous about Brendan are true, then we should invite St. Pats to make an approach if they so desire - legally, this time.)

Right-full (Barry's done splendidly, but it's not his position. Hate to say it, but I think Toccy's legs might have gone. Still, I'm sure Roddy will give him a chance.)

A tall, physically imposing centre-half (Since our squad seems to be composed almost entirely of central defenders, it might be prudent to let one go before making any further acquisitions.)

Two decent central midfielders (The area of the team mosty urgently in need of reinforcement. Colwell and Tierney haven't shown anything this season. if Roddy can unearth another Kevin Hunt, that would be ideal.)

A reasonably tall striker to partner Gary (A certain amount of hoofing is inevitable at this level, and neither Philly nor Gary can compete in the air. An experienced striker would be a huge plus.)

Apart from that, we're okay, provided Roddy administers frequent and severe kicks up the ar*e to anyone who has a Rovers.

But, for God's sake, Roddy; straighten your tie when you're on TV, you're making a show of us!

Ringo
27/07/2004, 1:53 PM
a new suit from, louis!!!

Sheridan
27/07/2004, 2:00 PM
a new suit from, louis!!!
Any chance of DCFC-branded Roddy-style pinstripe shirts appearing in Carrolls?

Ringo
27/07/2004, 2:08 PM
Any chance of DCFC-branded Roddy-style pinstripe shirts appearing in Carrolls?

Don't think our gear is fashionable enough for roddy :D

drummerboy
27/07/2004, 2:36 PM
He's only taken the job until the end of the season. If Dublin city are relagated what happens then. I presume the entire squad will be sold. Will the club be able to survive.

Ringo
27/07/2004, 2:57 PM
He's only taken the job until the end of the season. If Dublin city are relagated what happens then. I presume the entire squad will be sold. Will the club be able to survive.

We can afford to keep on the players we have in the first division. sponsorrs will still
be on board. i'd imagine it would be easier to win the first division, next year, with three teams gone up.

Roo69
27/07/2004, 3:32 PM
We can afford to keep on the players we have in the first division. sponsorrs will still
be on board. i'd imagine it would be easier to win the first division, next year, with three teams gone up.

Yeah, Defo. With us, UCD and Harps going up this season it will be a hell of a lot easier to win it, only really Kildare and Galway left who would pose any real threat

Maynard
27/07/2004, 5:31 PM
I'd be slightly worried about the "funds made available" that Roddy mentioned on EL weekly last night. The players he wants have to come from somewhere but we're strapped as it is, on the smallest budget in the League.
I have complete faith in Rocky not to overspend too much and to put the club in longterm danger, but I don't think we should go for broke to stay up this year.

Fr. Murphy
27/07/2004, 5:48 PM
Heard there today that Roddy Collins is ready to make a double swoop for Curtis Fleming and Dominic Foley. Fleming is currently on trial at league two side (3rd Division) Darlington but would consider a trip home if only for a brief stint. Foley is so out of favour he’s given serious taught about chucking in Portugal and coming home. But if they turn City down Roddy said he’s going to kick the **** out of them both.

Sheridan
27/07/2004, 6:38 PM
Heard there today that Roddy Collins is ready to make a double swoop for Curtis Fleming and Dominic Foley. Fleming is currently on trial at league two side (3rd Division) Darlington but would consider a trip home if only for a brief stint. Foley is so out of favour he’s given serious taught about chucking in Portugal and coming home. But if they turn City down Roddy said he’s going to kick the **** out of them both.
Foley has come home...he signed for Bohs today.

ccfcman
28/07/2004, 8:36 AM
a personality

max power
28/07/2004, 8:45 AM
three minutes before i got to post it, damn you and your quick wit....

2 decent central midfielders, we are looking for one for the last 3 years and still haven't found any !!!

ok you bring in new players, its a risk if they don't settle quickly and the team goes down and aren't every other team looking to add to their squads, what makes you think you'll get the players in the first place.

on a seperate point, now that shoddy is el premier manager he should be on tv3 each week passing judgement on other teams and managers and be given free reign to say as he pleases......that should also have been done with king when he was at harps.

Sheridan
28/07/2004, 12:01 PM
2 decent central midfielders, we are looking for one for the last 3 years and still haven't found any !!!

ok you bring in new players, its a risk if they don't settle quickly and the team goes down and aren't every other team looking to add to their squads, what makes you think you'll get the players in the first place.
Wow Max, you reckon there's a possibility we might not get the players we want, and that the players we get might not perform? You should be a management consultant.

In other news, Darren Kelly has been released by Carlisle, GET IN THERE RODDY!

pete
28/07/2004, 12:13 PM
Maybe ye could save up & get Shoddy a useful book (http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764552295.html)

:D

max power
28/07/2004, 12:15 PM
listen if dc are offering me a job i'll take it, they ovbiously don't mind wasting money....

Fr. Murphy
28/07/2004, 12:30 PM
In other news, Darren Kelly has been released by Carlisle, GET IN THERE RODDY!

Is this the same Darren Kelly who said that some italian clubs were stiffing around a few months ago! It was probaly Roddy winding him up.

mouldymurphy
28/07/2004, 7:22 PM
well his after putting in a bid for glen crowe
roddy collins has made an offer for crowe:
New Dublin City boss Roddy Collins has
made a cheeky E20,000 offer to
Bohemians for Glen Crowe and is also
chasing a Shels player.
from http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p231.htm

Ringo
29/07/2004, 7:24 AM
well his after putting in a bid for glen crowe
roddy collins has made an offer for crowe:
New Dublin City boss Roddy Collins has
made a cheeky E20,000 offer to
Bohemians for Glen Crowe and is also
chasing a Shels player.
from http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p231.htm

:D

see Roodys on Bohs fans shopping list.

Fr. Murphy
29/07/2004, 12:50 PM
Roddy told me there he's weighing up a bid for Morientes and Ronaldinhno to add some steel to the City attack