PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Squad and chances

dublinwanderer
26/01/2012, 9:47 AM
So... The squad that we have so far is:

GK's: Darren Quigley, Brian Kane

Defenders: Daire Doyle , Colm Tresson, Adam Mitchell, Dane Massey, Sean Houston, Shane O Connor, David Webster, Conor Butler

Midfielders: Danny O'Connor, Kieran Marty Waters, Kevin Knight, Dean Zambra, Graham Kelly, Stephen Brennan, Adam Hanlon, Jonathan Kelty

Forwards: Anthony Bolger, John Mulroy , Pierce Sweeney, Jason Byrne

From the above named players the best starting 11 would probably be:

Quigley
Webster - Mitchell - O'Connor - Massey
Kelly - O'Connor - Zambra - Waters
Mulroy - Byrne

This team would really struggle this year in my opinion! We are short 4 or 5 top players to even compete in the mid half of the league!!! I am not very optimistic at this stage, the only positive sign is that Dundalk, Drogs, Bohs, Mons and UCD will hopefully be in the same boat!!!

Really hope that Devo can pull off another few signings!!!

Whats everyones thoughts on the squad and our chances this year???

peadar1987
26/01/2012, 5:50 PM
We really need to replace Gary Dempsey with someone who can pull some strings in the middle of the park, and preferably another decent striker to play alongside Byrne up front, giving us:

Quigley
Webster - Mitchell - O'Connor - Massey
Mulroy - O'Connor - ? - Kelly
? - Byrne

To me, that's a much more balanced side, and depending on the quality of the replacements, I would say a comfortable lower mid table one.

Did I miss the news about Prendergast leaving? I've noticed he's not in your squad list.

Bray-Z
26/01/2012, 6:59 PM
Did I miss the news about Prendergast leaving? I've noticed he's not in your squad list.

Gone to Drogheda I think.

naoise kennedy
26/01/2012, 9:41 PM
Quigley

Webster - Mitchell - O Connor - Massey

Zambra - O Connor -Kelly/Brennan - Houston

Waters/Mulroy -Byrne

I believe Kelly or Brennan can do the Dempsey job in the middle..

locallad
27/01/2012, 2:10 PM
Quigley

Webster Mitchell O Connor Massey

O'Connor

Doyle Kelly

Mulroy Waters

Byrne

BWFC22
05/02/2012, 11:41 PM
wouldnt put byrne in at all...shocking today

Bray Head
06/02/2012, 7:41 PM
Jason looked like he had done little training. Certainly not fit

Martinho II
06/02/2012, 10:17 PM
wouldnt put byrne in at all...shocking today

in JB's defence he missed a lot of football for dundalk last season!

dublinwanderer
07/02/2012, 9:41 AM
He looked like he picked up an injury early on and was struggling too... His first touch and awareness was great though! If we can get him fit it could be great!!!

I see Waterford have release Conor Synott... I always thought he was a good player! He could be a good option to have in middle of the park!!

Stephen Last was at the match on Sunday too, he would be a good player to sign at least as back up for the defence! Badly need central defenders and central midfielders!!!

Stevo Da Gull
07/02/2012, 6:06 PM
I agree that Conor and Last would be handy signings.

Also, Jayo hasn't been fully fit for a while. It's going to take time. His ability can't be questioned though.