25/01/2012, 3:47 PM
Bray Wanderers v Glentoran

Bohemians v Portadown

Lisburn v Derry City

Cliftonville v St. Patricks Athletic

awec
25/01/2012, 9:20 PM
Good draw for Bray.

Glentoran are punching above their weight at the moment. They just lost their highly rated manager who is destined for bigger things. The past 10 years they've had an issue keeping a hold of their bosses as they've parted ways with footballing gods like Paul Millar, Roy Walker, Alan McDonald and most recently Scott Young.

Players to look out for include Richard Clarke who is great at getting the ball, driving forward and then finding that killer pass. Darren Boyce, who plays up front, will score if you put the ball on his toe or head without fail. They like to play on the break and you needn't bother playing an offside game against them as Andy Waterworth is a master of beating the offside trap.

Martinho II
26/01/2012, 8:57 PM
Good draw for Bray.

Glentoran are punching above their weight at the moment. They just lost their highly rated manager who is destined for bigger things. The past 10 years they've had an issue keeping a hold of their bosses as they've parted ways with footballing gods like Paul Millar, Roy Walker, Alan McDonald and most recently Scott Young.

Players to look out for include Richard Clarke who is great at getting the ball, driving forward and then finding that killer pass. Darren Boyce, who plays up front, will score if you put the ball on his toe or head without fail. They like to play on the break and you needn't bother playing an offside game against them as Andy Waterworth is a master of beating the offside trap.

I didnt hear. What happened to Scott Young?

awec
26/01/2012, 10:25 PM
I didnt hear. What happened to Scott Young?

They were beaten 1 nil by the local youth club in the cup. He walked out in disgust after his team were beaten by a bunch of lads who've had a few too many Big Macs.

Seagull
06/02/2012, 6:03 PM
Is it true that season tickets are good for this one?

naoise kennedy
06/02/2012, 8:14 PM
Is it true that season tickets are good for this one?

Yes ,, but can't remember where i say it ,, i think wanderers weekly on facebook...

willy7385
09/02/2012, 12:27 AM
Best place to drink nearby for us travelling down from Belfast?

ahmcd
09/02/2012, 5:02 PM

The Hibernia Inn or Katie Gallagher's, both just across the tracks.

naoise kennedy
10/02/2012, 8:54 PM

Heard about 300 travelling down for match,, lets hope bray locals turn out also...

peadar1987
11/02/2012, 12:07 PM
Wish I could be there to support the club. Maybe the competition is suffering a bit in terms of attendances, but I can't help feeling a bit of a thrill at seeing Bray representing the league, even if it is "only" in the Setanta Cup!

naoise kennedy
11/02/2012, 5:14 PM
A real game of two halves,, bray looked very comfortable in the first half,, marty scored two cracking goals and all looked good for the second half.. but bray never came out for this half, glentoran were much better, passed around and started to control the game.. there 2nd and 3rd goals were bad defensive mistakes and for the 4th, the glentoran player swung at webby and then took his goal well.. good save from darren for the peno, still can't understand why they got the peno.. on a positive note, hanlon and kelty on the wings looked very good, marty walters great first half but generally the team just did come out for second half.. looking positive for season ahead..

lowflyingseagul
12/02/2012, 8:48 AM
i think fitness played a part in the 2nd half

notever
16/02/2012, 7:09 PM
i have got to agree that fitness may have played a part as its only their first competitive match. Having watched the Waterford game and Glentoran I feel there is reason for some optimism for the season ahead.Maybe they won't get through to the second round of the Setanta Cup but the experience of two games against Glentoran must be invaluable to Devo and the squad.