PDA

View Full Version : August 6th Your Club Needs You.

Flynninio
27/07/2004, 9:55 AM
does anybody know the details on this promotion that was been showcased before game to other night with the two honeys posing with the big sign on the pitch advertising to the buisness community about some open day.
couldnt help but been impressed - more of dolans influence id say.good to see club making the most of the feel good factor surrounding this wonderful club at the mo.

sullanefc
27/07/2004, 10:17 AM
Page 31 of the program had an ad for it. Something to do with raising money for a professional training facility for the players. I read quotes from Lennox somewhere (maybe corkcityfc.ie) that a training facility that we can call our own is Lennox's next main ambition, ahead of redeveloping the Shed etc. Which is only right IMO as we don't own the Cross and its pointless spending money on it for the benefit of the MFAI.

Flynninio
27/07/2004, 10:28 AM
building our own stadium would be difficult firstly location would be a problem as it would have to be outside city and its not like we have a good transport system. would love to see them go halves with mfa for the cross and then build on it.surely the money city has spent on the cross stands for something.

City Hero
27/07/2004, 1:14 PM
Doing a deal with the MFA in Turners Cross is always going to be difficult for two reasons; 1. it's the MFA & 2. ownership of the land.

I think a deal with the boys at Musgrave park could be much more beneficial. With Munster(when they're not in Limerick) & Cork City as the main tenants in a redeveloped stadium (who needs to own the stadium?) - something like the Nijmegen setup would be perfect.

Peadar
27/07/2004, 1:34 PM
I think a deal with the boys at Musgrave park could be much more beneficial. With Munster(when they're not in Limerick) & Cork City as the main tenants in a redeveloped stadium (who needs to own the stadium?) - something like the Nijmegen setup would be perfect.

They're trying to raise over €2m to get 6,000 seats in there as far as I know.
We would want a more substantial redevelopment there in order to make it worth our while jumping into bed with the rugger buggers.

Pablo
27/07/2004, 2:21 PM
its to raise cash for a 12 acre "world class" training complex

razor
27/07/2004, 2:28 PM
What we need is a club bar.
Somewhere central is difficult but I'm sure everyone would support it.
Theres good money to be made.

GavinZac
27/07/2004, 6:24 PM
What we need is a club bar.
Somewhere central is difficult but I'm sure everyone would support it.
Theres good money to be made.

turners cross isjust a bit out of the way to be called central, and it has enough bars. buy the 'shoe!

ollie
27/07/2004, 10:40 PM
turners cross isjust a bit out of the way to be called central, and it has enough bars. buy the 'shoe!

that place would cost a bomb i'd say.