PDA

View Full Version : EXILES Meeting For UCD Game

Snatch
26/07/2004, 9:11 PM
Should the cup game be confirmed for Wednesday night, the EXILES should meet up beforehand. The problem with the UCD bars is that there are three of them and people might get split up. They are also not welcoming to non students.

Maybe people want want to meet in the city centre and go out to Belfield after. However, might I suggest Lonnergans pub which is adjoined to the Montrose hotel. It is opposite the flyover into UCD and is about a 10 minute walk to the ground. I'd be there from 6 on. Please reply if you would come along.

It is important that all Dublin based fans come along as there mightn't be many coming uo from Cork as it's midweek.

Once again, keep an eye on the internet fora for developments.

tiktok
26/07/2004, 9:22 PM
Lonnergan's @ Six
I'll be there as soon as I can make it in from work Snatch, depends on traffic.

I agree it's important that we get as many exiles out for this as possible, there will understandably only be a few up from Cork so it's on us to keep the lads motivated. :cool:

exile
26/07/2004, 10:49 PM
yep il be there about 6.30

max power
26/07/2004, 11:11 PM
thanks lads, i know where to aim the rocket launcher noe ;)

sullanefc
27/07/2004, 12:45 AM
Fair play lads. As there won't be many travelling up from Cork its important to get a good few exiles there to give the boys support. Hope ye get a good crowd.

exile
27/07/2004, 9:34 AM
if you were to aim a rocket launcher at longford it would take out the whole town thats how small ye are :eek:

max power
27/07/2004, 9:39 AM
that would suit me fine, the town is a dump. flancare park is well outside it so launch away !!

Hecko
27/07/2004, 9:53 AM
Nice one Paul. Will be in Lonergans about 6.30 as well.

vssn
27/07/2004, 10:04 AM
Having only become exiled in this dump since March, I am looking for directions to Belfield from city centre, using public transport if possible.

Peadar
27/07/2004, 10:11 AM
I am looking for directions to Belfield from city centre, using public transport if possible.
The number 10 from outside Trinity or on O'Connell St. will get you right out to the college and then you have to walk about 1Km to the ground down by the running track and across the playing fields. Follow the crowds :D

sullanefc
27/07/2004, 10:21 AM
Follow the crowds :D

The away fans is it?? :D

Schumi
27/07/2004, 10:29 AM
The number 10 from outside Trinity or on O'Connell St. will get you right out to the college and then you have to walk about 1Km to the ground down by the running track and across the playing fields. Follow the crowds :D
46A will save most of the walk if you're going straight to the ground, get off at Foster's Avenue.

Eric
27/07/2004, 12:54 PM
I'm off for a couple of days but will be travelling up from Cork for the game so I'll be there around 6ish too

exile
27/07/2004, 2:03 PM
any exiles going to the match try and bring a friend we need all the support we can get as snatch said lonnergens longside of the montrose id like to point out its just an informal group of people having the craic supporting city
hope to see you all ther :)

niamh
27/07/2004, 2:51 PM
Should be there sometime towards seven depending on traffic after work.

b_mcsweeney
27/07/2004, 3:32 PM
i'm stuck in sunny bournemouth for work so i'll miss it unfortunately, but i'll be there in spirit!

Snatch
27/07/2004, 8:36 PM
Having only become exiled in this dump since March, I am looking for directions to Belfield from city centre, using public transport if possible.

Both the 10 and 46A go there every 5 minutes or so. The 10 goes right into the campus so if you're going to Lonegans first, I'd advice the 46A which keeps going south along the dual carriage way. Get off beside the flyover going into UCD. You can't miss it but ask the bus driver.

Lonnegans ia about 100 yards on the left to the south of the flyover. It's in the same building as the Montrose hotel.

It's about a 10 miniute stroll to the pitch from Lonnegans.

tiktok
27/07/2004, 10:13 PM
Bus 46A (http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=10)
Bus 10 (http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=10)

for times and bus stop locations

pete
28/07/2004, 1:18 PM
I'll try be there before 6.30.

Are CCFC organising tickets for away fans so we all get them for the same area of Belfield Stadium? ;)

Peadar
28/07/2004, 1:33 PM
Are CCFC organising tickets for away fans so we all get them for the same area of Belfield Stadium? ;)

Don't worry Pete, segregation in Belfield is second to none.
The "Home" fans get nowhere near the "Away" fans.
It's so good in fact that you wont even see the home fans.
You may even be fooled into thinking that there are no home fans.
It is that good! :D

pete
28/07/2004, 1:39 PM
This domestic fare is obviously gonna take some adjusting.

Peadar
28/07/2004, 1:50 PM
This domestic fare is obviously gonna take some adjusting.

'Twas far from European football you were reared!
Back down to earth with you now boy.

pete
28/07/2004, 1:57 PM
Me been sick this week & putting it down to SansInterTotoitus :eek:

Peadar
28/07/2004, 2:04 PM
Me been sick this week & putting it down to SansInterTotoitus :eek:

The bad news there I'm afraid is that it's unlikely to be cured by going to UCD tonight. Perhaps you could wave one of those RedFM green and white cards around the place for a while to see if that helps you?

Pablo
28/07/2004, 2:19 PM
Follow the crowds :D

at UCD? you'll end up at thedole office :)

pineapple stu
29/07/2004, 12:32 AM
It's so good in fact that you won't even see the home fans.
You may even be fooled into thinking that there are no home fans.
It is that good! :D

Jayz lads, ye're after deafening me there tonight alright! Think Limerick were louder than that! ;)

Snatch
29/07/2004, 8:53 AM
Great to see a healthy turnout of Exiles at Lonnegans last night. :)

A match in Belfield is tedious enough without having to go alone.

Hopefully we can go from strength to strength with a lot of league games coming up in Dublin. So spread the word to any Corkonians (especially females :D ) living in Dublin; "Join the Exiles"!

tiktok
29/07/2004, 12:54 PM
Jayz lads, ye're after deafening me there tonight alright! Think Limerick were louder than that! ;)

Oh, is that what you were singing last night, we couldn't really hear you ;) :D

Colm
29/07/2004, 1:02 PM

There was about 100 City fans there and we didn't make a whole lot of noise, the reason being that we simply didn't give a sh!t about the game. Don't worry we'll make plenty of noise against Waterford on friday and Drogs on Monday.

As for the UCD fans, I feel so sorry for you. At one point there were 2 of you standing up singing, in the second half a few kids joined ye and there were nearly ten of ye. I've never seen anything so pathetic in all my life! I must say I enjoyed the abuse that some of ye got when ye walked past the City fans though! :D

Anyway, congrats on ye're little victory and best of luck with ye're first divison campaign. We've got bigger fish to fry.

Schumi
29/07/2004, 1:10 PM
There was about 100 City fans there and we didn't make a whole lot of noise, the reason being that we simply didn't give a sh!t about the game.Are you Pats fans in disguise? :rolleyes:

Colm
29/07/2004, 1:17 PM
Are you Pats fans in disguise? :rolleyes:

Mock all you want but I know that quite a few of us (not all ;) ) weren't exactly dissappointed after last nights game and some people (not me!) were glad to be out of the cup so we can concentrate on the league.

Roll on Waterford and Drogs!

max power
29/07/2004, 1:18 PM
Mock all you want but I know that quite a few of us (not all ;) ) weren't exactly dissappointed after last nights game and some people (not me!) were glad to be out of the cup so we can concentrate on the league.

ha ha your on the beer at work again aren't you :p

SÓC
29/07/2004, 1:45 PM
ha ha your on the beer at work again aren't you :p
Hehe how do you know where he works

max power
29/07/2004, 1:49 PM
i don't, but name a job that doesn't drink you to drink :D

razor
29/07/2004, 2:23 PM
i don't, but name a job that doesn't drink you to drink :D
or to a Cork city FC message board. ;)

max power
29/07/2004, 2:24 PM
well said, slower day than usual here :D

Eric
29/07/2004, 3:22 PM
and some people (not me!) were glad to be out of the cup so we can concentrate on the league.

Must have ben the other person sitting in the back of the car on the way home that I heard saying that he was happy we were out of the cup so!!!!! ;)

Pablo
29/07/2004, 3:24 PM
Must have ben the other person sitting in the back of the car on the way home that I heard saying that he was happy we were out of the cup so!!!!! ;)

i'm gutted we are out. i'm sick all day cause of it. raging even

Eric
29/07/2004, 3:30 PM
I was disgusted after we lost last night. People may rant on about backlog of fixtures etc but at the end of the day the cup was a chance of silverware and now it's looking like we're gonna end up with the good ol munster cup again!!!! :(

Pablo
29/07/2004, 3:33 PM
hopefully $hel$ will have a little euro hangover. Friday is sooo important i cant say it enough

exile
29/07/2004, 5:39 PM
did ye see jack osbourne at the game last nite and for the dublin city fans eric with his dodgy throat out sang ye on his own

pineapple stu
29/07/2004, 6:31 PM
Mock all you want

Thank you. I believe I shall! :p ;)

paddigol
31/07/2004, 2:25 PM
did ye see jack osbourne at the game last nite and for the dublin city fans eric with his dodgy throat out sang ye on his own

Ha - dodgy haircut, dodgy haircut! I know him. He was the year behind me in school! :D