PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Foley to sign for Bohs.

yiddo
26/07/2004, 10:52 AM
Dominic Foley will sign a contract for Bohs this week subject to a medical. City offered him a contract but the money was better at Bohs. He also probably thinks he'd have a better chance of first team football at Dalymount.

tiktok
26/07/2004, 1:08 PM
Not terrible news from City's point of view (and you can check my previous comments on this if you want :p ).
Good player, but I'd be concerned about his attitude since it's less than a year since he thought he was too good for the EL, bit of a primadonna. He could end up forming a hell of a partnership with Crowe though :eek:

Roo69
26/07/2004, 1:29 PM
Not terrible news from City's point of view (and you can check my previous comments on this if you want :p ).
Good player, but I'd be concerned about his attitude since it's less than a year since he thought he was too good for the EL, bit of a primadonna. He could end up forming a hell of a partnership with J Byrne though :eek:

Jason Byrne ? I take it you mean Crowe

tiktok
26/07/2004, 1:34 PM
Jason Byrne ? I take it you mean Crowe

:D :D
major whoops,
yes I meant Crowe, I guess I'm more used to Shels throwing money at players.

My sneaky edit is useless now ;)

dynamo kerry
26/07/2004, 5:17 PM
where has foley been for the last couple of years anyway?

last i heard of him was when watford told him to leg it.

he must be 26 or 27 by now?

any other capped players looking to come home? u-21s even. with the start of the new season in the uk coming and still 400 odd players without clubs there must be a fair few on the verge of trying to come back

Slash/ED
26/07/2004, 5:29 PM
I wouldn't be too upset about this news if I was a Cork fan anyway.

pineapple stu
26/07/2004, 5:31 PM
where has foley been for the last couple of years anyway?

Signed for some Portuguese team I think - Braga maybe? Don't know how he did if he did go there.

Sheridan
26/07/2004, 6:03 PM
Signed for some Portuguese team I think - Braga maybe? Don't know how he did if he did go there.
Yes, Braga. Hardly played. Scored a few goals when introduced from the bench, though.

dynamo kerry
27/07/2004, 4:24 PM
you must be the only person here I've seen who rates doyle

dynamo kerry
27/07/2004, 5:35 PM
Apart from Robbie himself, Roo69 and Louis Walshe, I'm Robbie's biggest fan. If Glen Crowe is the Wayne Rooney of the EL, then Robbie is the James Beattie equivalent.
I've not seen too much of him in recent times so I can't and won't comment but I wonder if you can tell me why he seems to have such polarised groups for and aganst?

An isn't the key question. Will he play for bohs again?

Slash/ED
27/07/2004, 5:47 PM
Robbie Doyle is class. Unfortunately, he seems to be a bit of a muppet but for talent alone, he's an excellent player.

Roo69
29/07/2004, 9:03 AM
I've not seen too much of him in recent times so I can't and won't comment but I wonder if you can tell me why he seems to have such polarised groups for and aganst?

An isn't the key question. Will he play for bohs again?

No, Robbie wont be playing for Bohs again.

Foley move in doubt now - http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=12705