PDA

View Full Version : Some Figures To Be Proud Of.

Peadar
26/07/2004, 10:11 AM
Cork City FC - Intertoto Cup 2004
Played 6
Won 3
Drew 2
Lost 1
Scored 7
Found the net in 5 games.
Kept 3 clean sheets.
508 away fans in Nantes
Over 8,000 at both of the last two home games.

Fantastic!

Lets hope we get a shot at the Champions League next season.
Our young squad will be stronger and more experienced by then.

BOF
26/07/2004, 10:55 AM
Cork City FC - Intertoto Cup 2004
Played 6
Won 3
Drew 2
Lost 1
Scored 7
Found the net in 5 games.
Kept 3 clean sheets.
508 away fans in Nantes
Over 8,000 at both of the last two home games.

Fantastic!

Lets hope we get a shot at the Champions League next season.
Our young squad will be stronger and more experienced by then.

This (or something like it) should be on a FFO Tshirt

brendan

max power
26/07/2004, 11:00 AM
i think from today cork should leave europe behind and forget about it or you won't be in it next season, a euro hangover is a common thing........

i personally want to see more regional teams in europe, but if you let it over shadow your season or you might not get a chance to experience it next year.......

James
26/07/2004, 11:06 AM
more regional teams in europe,.

??
what the hell that supposed to imply.. everyone from outside the pale is a regional team.. we're from the 2nd biggest city in the country..how is that regional?

suppose by that reckoning Milan/Barcelona/both Glasgow team (england and ireland), Liverpool and Manchester are regional teams too are they.. ya muppet ya :rolleyes:

max power
26/07/2004, 11:10 AM
not all dublin teams, ya muppet ya :rolleyes:

how would those teams qualiy for europe through the el ??? maybe a certain scotish team seeing as so many fools think they are irish ;)

but my poiint is valid, keep on about how well you did in europe and the season could suffer.

just wondering what would be the reaction in cork if you finished the season with no silverware again, 2 season for dolan and no trophies. would the european win give him any saving grace, second biggest city should be winning something eh ???

Peadar
26/07/2004, 11:19 AM
i think from today cork should leave europe behind and forget about it

I don't agree.
I think we, the fans, should enjoy this for as long as we can.
The players will be focused for the next game, don't worry about that.

max power
26/07/2004, 11:22 AM
oh be proud yes and i am proud as well, being an el supporter.

but 2 seasons and no silverware, would the fans be as happy in november.

btw i'm not saying your not good enough to win trophies, i'm just saying would the european adventure be enough to give pat more time to bring a trophy to the club.

fosterdollar
26/07/2004, 11:33 AM
Fair play to yis Cork. It was a nice feeling to look up Saturday's result (hungover on Sunday morning) on Aertal in the presence of some el-sceptics and show them how one of our clubs could fare against a team that just bought a player in a EUR2.5 million deal

Peadar
26/07/2004, 11:34 AM
i'm just saying would the european adventure be enough to give pat more time to bring a trophy to the club.

As far as I can remember he signed a 3 year deal when he came to the club. I believe that based on what he has done already the club would, at this point in time, be happy to offer him a contract extension.
If you're realistic about things you'll know that there are only 3 competitions to win. That means that the majority of teams in the league will win nothing in a season. Having said that, it is quite clear that our club has ambitions and will, I'm sure, seek to win something this season.
It would sadden me to see a manager removed because his team failed to win anything even though he may have done everything in his power to make the best use of the resources available to him.
It is my opinion that the only threat to Pat Dolan as manager of Cork City FC is his own personality and not the performances of his team.

James
26/07/2004, 11:39 AM
AFAIK the stated target for this year was 2nd place in the league and a bit of a cup run..(as well as european dominance in the inter toto cup .. already done )

when dolan took over it was a 3year plan to move up and strengthen the team and continue to make progress year on year.. both on and off the pitch.. (without over focusing on one and neglecting the other).

this i think we are doing very very well and the structures in place for the future look very very positive.

I do expect us to challenge for the league this year but next year is the year targetted for the title and i expect us to win the league next year ..

max power
26/07/2004, 1:14 PM
its good to here you being positive, espc from the person who started the thread "dolan out " ;)

yee did us proud and i was down there yesterday for the leeds game, turners cross is a lovely ground, although i did stand in the shed and roar, city are sh1t and get away with it :cool:

Ruairi
26/07/2004, 1:25 PM
, although i did stand in the shed and roar, city are sh1t and get away with it :cool:

hooligan!!!!!

max power
26/07/2004, 1:29 PM
i had thought of wearing a celtic jersey while doing it, but i'd feel unclean :p

Peadar
26/07/2004, 1:30 PM
its good to here you being positive, espc from the person who started the thread "dolan out " ;)

Dolan will probably come out and have a go at someone in the league now and get everyone against us again. My opinion on that side of him hasn't changed. My only hope now is that Roddy Collins will be a greater attraction and take some of the attention away from Dolan.

max power
26/07/2004, 1:34 PM
is it a case if who provides the biggest circus.....big ron should do el weekly as well.

Peadar
26/07/2004, 1:42 PM
Taken from soccercentral.ie
eircom League Chairman Declan O Luanaigh paid tribute to Cork City for their participation in this season's InterToto Cup, which has unfortunately come to an end following Saturday evening's draw with FC Nantes Atlantique at Turner's Cross.

Full story here. (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=13529&viewstory=yes)

Druss
26/07/2004, 1:45 PM
More stats to be proud of from eircom League Chairman Declan O Luanaigh. :D

"Cork City's participation in the 2004/05 InterToto Cup may have come to an end tonight but their performances home and away against Malmo FF, NEC Nijmegen and now FC Nantes Atlantique are a credit to Cork City Chairman Brian Lennox, Club Secretary Jerry Harris, Manager Pat Dolan, the players and everyone connected with the club.

"Along the way Cork City equalled Dundalk's record of progressing through two rounds of a European competition, recorded the first competitive victory over Dutch opposition on Irish soil, became the first Irish club to reach the third round proper of a European competition and came so close to securing the first competitive victory for an Irish club over French opposition. What's more, the traveling supporters on their three away trips have also been great ambassadors for the club, the eircom League and Irish football in general.

I didn't realise that it was the first time an Irish team had beaten a Dutch team. After all they were an amateur set up for a long time.
full text at soccercentral.ie (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=13529&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

sullanefc
26/07/2004, 1:52 PM
although i did stand in the shed and roar, city are sh1t and get away with it :cool:

Ya cheeky pup ya :D