PDA

View Full Version : best striking partnership

max power
26/07/2004, 9:55 AM
i was having a chat yesterday to some of the lads about our best pairing up front, we were thinking of having a poll....

here are the options, could a mod stick it up ?????

barrett-baker
barrett-lavine
barrett-francis
francis-lavine
francies-baker
baker-lavine

i didn't involve keegan, nuff said.......

sorbothegreek
26/07/2004, 10:09 AM
As i said yesterday, it's goals we need, not holding the ball up well, good link play or making good runs. The two most likely in my opinion are Francis and Baker.

the 12 th man
26/07/2004, 10:10 AM
barrett,frances .with baker a defo starter

max power
26/07/2004, 10:32 AM
i'm going with baker and lavine, baker for his abality to cross, run with the ball and score.

lavine for his ability in the air and his speed now that hes fit.

Maz
26/07/2004, 8:40 PM
il go baker francis.......francis is a finisher we know this, we have seen it!! lavine doesnt take his chances and as for shane barrett imo half the player he was last season and was the weakest link in the team in liechtenstein!

Martinho II
26/07/2004, 9:16 PM
baker francis imo baker has scored two in the last two games francis scored one goal in last two games

enough said!

Pauro 76
27/07/2004, 11:33 AM
Baker and Francis for me. Baker a definite starter, top scorer and the man in form. Havent been totally convinced by Francis this season, but he's just ahead of Lavine IMO. But if Eric starts a goalscoring streak he's in there...

the 12 th man
27/07/2004, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=PAURO 7]. Havent been totally convinced by Francis this season, but he's just ahead/QUOTE]

would it be fair to say that he has been struggling this year for match fitness ?.i seem to recall reading somewhere lately that he was

town73
27/07/2004, 1:09 PM
Baker, I feel, is not an out and out striker. He finds it hard to win a ball in the air. His best position is out wide or playing in behind a striker, linking play on the ground. Best crosser of a ball we have - so out wide is where he should be. Barrett and Lavine for me, although Francis must be in with a strong shout.

max power
05/09/2004, 11:21 PM
i'm going with baker and lavine, baker for his abality to cross, run with the ball and score.

lavine for his ability in the air and his speed now that hes fit.

i think for once i have been proved right :D

Sonic
09/09/2004, 7:57 PM
il go baker francis.......francis is a finisher we know this, we have seen it!! lavine doesnt take his chances and as for shane barrett imo half the player he was last season and was the weakest link in the team in liechtenstein!

Not so weak anymore maz you never judge a player on one game francis my eyeball simple as maz :ball:

Maz
11/09/2004, 7:13 AM
still hasnt proven himself to me! he has gone back a lot this season!

Political Rebel
11/09/2004, 8:53 AM
surely the best partnership is O Flynn and Fenn :p

Maz
11/09/2004, 9:33 AM
seriously doubtful............

steve staunton
21/09/2004, 12:57 PM
after being away for the summer scouting for my club coventry(spotted some good talent if u know what i mean) i have to say that any poll conducted should have baker as a cert to start he has the ability to turn a game on its head which is invaluable to us i mean you guys i mean why cant the world get on but barrett should partner him in my view

some people see things as they are and say why, i look at things that never were and say why not
robert.f.kennedy

take these words into consideration :confused: