PDA

View Full Version : I'm City till I die

razor
26/07/2004, 8:12 AM
I am only just recovering from the sickness of Saturday night, sickness of course from drink and the sickness at knowing we should have beaten Nantes.
In all my years supporting City last Saturday night was up there with the best, if not the best night.
The team were outstanding and to pick one man of the match would be unfair.They played with guts and really got stuck in.
O'Flynn and Fenn caused the Nantes defence all sorts of problems.
Though I am not a member of the Georgie fan club I thought Saturday night was the best game I have ever seen him play for City, he was immense. He broke up the play so many times I lost count.
Colin T is after turning into the central midfielder we have been requiring for a while. Kearney and Doyle would torture any defence.
The back 5 were excellent, Devine has been brilliant in this European campaign.
Rennie gave us a few decisions early on but he got worse as the game went on. Ahamada should have went earlier than he did after a succession of late tackles, Rennie was lenient to say the least.
After Uriah had blown time on our Eurpean adventure, I looked around me to see grown men (myself included) with tears in their eyes applauding a young team who had given everything for the cause, our cause. It made me proud to be a part of it. "I'm City till i die".

tiktok
26/07/2004, 1:03 PM
I looked around me to see grown men (myself included) with tears in their eyes applauding a young team who had given everything for the cause, our cause. It made me proud to be a part of it. "I'm City till i die".

hear hear! (although I am a member of the Georgie fan club :p )

I think I was standing in front of you in the same state, definitely had a lump in the throat after Dolan's comments to Oisin.
Despite going out, a proud day to be a City fan, one of my best ever. :cool:

Éanna
27/07/2004, 7:26 PM
hear hear! (although I am a member of the Georgie fan club :p )

I think I was standing in front of you in the same state, definitely had a lump in the throat after Dolan's comments to Oisin.
Despite going out, a proud day to be a City fan, one of my best ever. :cool:
spot on. what a day

ollie
27/07/2004, 9:56 PM
After Uriah had blown time on our Eurpean adventure, I looked around me to see grown men (myself included) with tears in their eyes applauding a young team who had given everything for the cause, our cause. It made me proud to be a part of it. "I'm City till i die".

the whole day was real hairs standing on the back of your neck especially with the shed in full voice as they were.

pete
28/07/2004, 9:30 AM
Team certainly proved they can up their game for the big ones which will be valuable in future.

Really proud of team in the way they had Nantes on the ropes in the 2nd half playing brilliant football.

yan
28/07/2004, 9:50 AM
lets bring this into the munster derby on friday and break there hoodoo over us,

id love to hammer them once this season!!