PDA

View Full Version : Missing Flag

FourFiveOne
25/07/2004, 7:05 PM
Thanks to the guy who recovered our big wavey flag which was stolen from the Cross last night.

He found 2 young fellas in GLANMIRE with it.

Ian tells me that he will get it off him soon.

Storysham
25/07/2004, 9:14 PM
Probably the two stoned scobes that tried to pickpocket my buddy, there were up and down the shed all through the game. Lucky he had nothing in his back pocket.

Eric
26/07/2004, 3:16 PM
I heard that was after getting nicked alright.

Fair play to ur man for getting it back

NorthoftheLee
26/07/2004, 3:31 PM
those 2 clowns deserve to get their as$es kicked....how did they manage to get it to glanmire....little runts....
I heard that the steward with the glasses saw them do it and encouraged them to take it...Anyone see this?? If it's true then he should be sacked on the spot....

Eric
26/07/2004, 3:35 PM
That steward in question is a bit of a power tripping git!!!

Think he has it in for the shed since we stopped him trying to throw out someone for having a smoke canister. He was winding up the people in the shed before the game on Saturday.

Surely for safety reasons he should be moved away from the shed for future games because if he continues the way he has been lately then somone will bring him back to earth with a bang, literally!!!!!

Peadar
26/07/2004, 3:41 PM
Surely for safety reasons he should be moved away from the shed for future games because if he continues the way he has been lately then somone will bring him back to earth with a bang, literally!!!!!

The club can't address this unless it's brought to their attention.
If someone could raise this issue in a dignified manner with the club then it may prevent a future security failure.

Eric
26/07/2004, 3:45 PM
The club can't address this unless it's brought to their attention.
If someone could raise this issue in a dignified manner with the club then it may prevent a future security failure.

Don't worry I'll bring it to there attention and let them know that it's coming from a professional opinion and not just an angry supporters point of view

cobhrambler 16
26/07/2004, 5:36 PM
kick the **** out of the 2 ****s that took it and have them banned!

thecorner
26/07/2004, 6:08 PM
I heard that the steward with the glasses saw them do it

that fcuking b0ll0x is gonna his head kicked in one of these days

all its gonna take is for him to shove the wrong kid off the wall and some unhappy father is gonna be even more unhappy

the man is a complete b0ll0x

Corner NO1
26/07/2004, 6:11 PM
I am the person that got the flag, it wasnt the kids fault tho,one of the stewarts told the 2 of them to take it away,i asked them to point him out the next home match.. i dont think il be goin to the cup match on wednesday cos im goin to the states early thurs morn so if any of ye r goin to the replay of limerick and ramblers 2moro night let me no,otherrwise il drop it out to the club... CORNER-BOY FINDS BIG WAVY FLAG, SPORT IS NEXT

Colm
27/07/2004, 12:36 AM
I am the person that got the flag, it wasnt the kids fault tho,one of the stewarts told the 2 of them to take it away,i asked them to point him out the next home match.. i dont think il be goin to the cup match on wednesday cos im goin to the states early thurs morn so if any of ye r goin to the replay of limerick and ramblers 2moro night let me no,otherrwise il drop it out to the club... CORNER-BOY FINDS BIG WAVY FLAG, SPORT IS NEXT

You can drop it up to my house if you want.

That steward is a pr!ck alright. He's the fella who tried (unsucessfully) to throw a City fan out at the Malmo game and he was gesturing to the shed trying to wind people up before the Nantes game. If he told the youngfellas to take the flag then the club has no option but to give him the boot or else there could be a bit of hassle at one of the upcoming games.

sullanefc
27/07/2004, 12:42 AM
The club should be informed of this moron. I won't do it because I've never had any dealings with this guy. But someone who witnessed him telling the kids to take the flag should email the club and let them know

thecorner
27/07/2004, 1:37 AM
brings me back to sunday when he was trying to push the kids off the wall. as his hand was going onto them the cornerboys broke out with

"with a packet of crisps and a cheeky smile
the steward is a paedophile" :D

also he was tryin to get people off the wall outside the ground who were just watching

ffs the game was a sellout,its his job to concentrate on the ground

id say its a question of WATCH THIS SPACE

Neil
27/07/2004, 12:01 PM
Does the steward happen to appear in any of the photos knocking around on the net? So that there is no question who the steward is when we go to the club.

Corner NO1
27/07/2004, 4:03 PM
Give me sum websites(locations) were i can find fotos n i will ask the kids if the stewart that told them take the flag is in any of them.

As for the stewart that we no is a p,rick ,after city beat that s,hity dutch team i was standing on the wall in the very corner of the pitch(next to The Corner and my friend was standing outside the wall and his sister(13) was standing inside(not on the pitch,behind an ad-board) that stewart came over and demanded for her to get outside the wall and i jumped down so that he would have demand for me to leave aswell, he then squared up to me until i went outside the wall.. i wouldnt mind if i was causing trouble or if we were the last people in the ground but there was stil about 100/200 people in the shed, he just wanted to throw his wait around.
Also during that match he tried to insult my 12 year old brother on a number of occasions and was pushing him off da wall along with sum other junior corney's,thats what "thecorner" is on about wen he said the stewart was pushing kids.
That L,anger should either be re-located or or get the sack, he is p,issing off alot of city supporters..ps sum1 mentioned in the corner last week that he is a bouncer in Angels

Eric
27/07/2004, 6:12 PM
Too many working-class white trailor trash going to Cork games by the sound of things.

As apposed to no-one going to games in Dublin!!!! :rolleyes:

Éanna
27/07/2004, 6:34 PM
I know which guy it is- there was no other steward in that spot at the time. He told my mother (who was right at the front of the Shed) that he'd tried to stop them taking it. He was also pulling a second flag off the pole as I came down. Whether or not the guy told the two little ****ers to take the flag is irrelevant- he's a pig ignorant ***** who is on a mission to boot people out. I will be speaking to the club about him in the near future. As for the two ****s who took the flag, I hope they're not seen back in the Cross ever again. they deserve a good hiding for that kind of behaviour- thieving scumbags

Colm
28/07/2004, 12:04 AM
He was also pulling a second flag off the pole as I came down.

What the fcuk was he doing going near the flags in the first place? :mad:

As Eanna said, he's an ignorant boll0cks who seems intent on trying to throw people out of the ground and seems to have some sort of a grudge against people in the shed and the corner. He needs to be gotten rid of.

ian
28/07/2004, 6:50 AM
Hahahahaha I just have to laugh at this pri-k. He thinks he is the man on match days you just have to laugh at him. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

cityrebel1
28/07/2004, 7:48 AM
c'mon lads, ye gotta pen a few chants for this steward ;)

ccfcman
28/07/2004, 8:18 AM
is this the same guy who tried to kick out a fella (john i think) who had one of those airhorns(no jokes plz) last year,and the whole shed turned on the steward?

adamcarr
28/07/2004, 2:17 PM
Heres a pic (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=26) of him Corner NO1

Pablo
28/07/2004, 2:23 PM
thats him. he's a danger. a picture and many many witnesses he has to get the boot

adamcarr
28/07/2004, 2:29 PM
thats him. he's a danger. a picture and many many witnesses he has to get the boot
Pablo, I took that pic from the Top Rated Pics and it was ranked No 31 and it is now fallen to number 32. So in your quoted message it is the wrong pic, so would ya edit your message! :)

FourFiveOne
28/07/2004, 2:30 PM
Email sent to club with that picture.

I'd advise others to voice their complaints too.

rolo
28/07/2004, 2:32 PM
he's a sp@stic of a steward. caused alot of hassle single handedly just to try and fulfil his own personal crusade during the time of the smoke flares...

this kind of behaviour will result in other actions sometime and will only harm us in the long run if something was to happen because of this pr!ck.

he needs to go sharpish...! for safety reasons and all, funnily enough.

Pablo
28/07/2004, 2:32 PM
Pablo, I took that pic from the Top Rated Pics and it was ranked No 31 and it is now fallen to number 32. So in your quoted message it is the wrong pic, so would ya edit your message! :)
done. justice for the shed!

FourFiveOne
28/07/2004, 2:37 PM
http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=26

Peadar
28/07/2004, 2:42 PM
Heres a pic (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=26) of him

Did someone say he was a bouncer?
Looks more like a bouncy castle to me :D
"In Cork he'd be known as a Lánger..."

adamcarr
28/07/2004, 2:44 PM
Did someone say he was a bouncer?
Looks more like a bouncy castle to me :D
"In Cork he'd be known as a Lánger..."
......... :p

adamcarr
28/07/2004, 2:53 PM
I got an email from the club, Just sying that they will sent it onto the event controller and he will sort it out! :)

pete
28/07/2004, 3:16 PM
..he will sort it out! :)

...sounds a big Gangster-ish :eek:

I.W.O.T.O.
28/07/2004, 3:35 PM
The picture of the " :mad: steward of the year" is copyright I.W.O.T.O. ;)

DolansWaistcoat
28/07/2004, 4:37 PM
He seems like a l@nger allright that one,if he's a bouncer then he's definately an ignorant pr!ck.Got a nice tellytubbies chant from the shed last saturday though. :D

If the guys as bad as ppl say he is then relocating him to a less crowed area than the shed is no good,boot him out.We don't need muppits like that connected to our club.

thecorner
28/07/2004, 6:25 PM
Email sent to club with that picture.

I'd advise others to voice their complaints too.

e-mail sent

awaiting response

thecorner
29/07/2004, 9:07 AM
fair play to the club i got a very fast response

my mail:
it has come to our attention at a few games recently that one of our stewards is acting the maggot. i forward a pic of him to you. he is gonna cause a lot of trouble out there one of these days. ive often seen him pushing kids off the wall and "acting the hard men" with them. i hope you can do something about this scum. city are a great club and dont need one maggot spoiling it. u can show this to peter cotter if u want. also ive heard he told kids last week to take one of the big flags which the fans put a lo of fundraising into. awaiting your response

my response:
Thank you for taking the time to write about a potential problem. I will
pass your email onto the event and safety officers and will get back to you
with a response. Thanks - Barbara Sweeney

adamcarr
29/07/2004, 1:39 PM
fair play to the club i got a very fast response
my response:
Thank you for taking the time to write about a potential problem. I will
pass your email onto the event and safety officers and will get back to you
with a response. Thanks - Barbara Sweeney
Corner, I got the same email yesterday. Word for Word!

Eric
29/07/2004, 3:05 PM
I spoke with the event controller at the match last night and brought the matter to his attention. I filled him in on what I'd seen from the last few games and from reports I'd heard from other people.

He was very interested in what I had to say and assured me that the matter would be dealt with

Éanna
01/08/2004, 1:30 PM
thats the guy alright. he's gone now anyway

adamcarr
01/08/2004, 1:33 PM
I thought I saw him by the Family Enclosure but I could be wrong. I was in the shed so I didnt have a good view!

Peadar
02/08/2004, 12:34 PM
I thought I saw him by the Family Enclosure but I could be wrong.

Hard to see from this picture (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/albums/Waterford%20300704/PICT0070.JPG) but I don't think it's him.

adamcarr
02/08/2004, 12:44 PM
Hard to see from this picture (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/albums/Waterford%20300704/PICT0070.JPG) but I don't think it's him.
I thought I saw him standing at the side of the family enclosure before the game!

DolansWaistcoat
02/08/2004, 4:31 PM
Thats not him,far too skinny,too young,too much hair and the guy is not wearing glasses.