PDA

View Full Version : game off

thecorner
25/07/2004, 12:39 PM
does anybody know which game is off nxt week. heard a few people syaing that either the ucd or the waterford game is defintly off.

personally id like to see both played,keep the momentum going and keep the fans coming

Gary
25/07/2004, 6:28 PM
City and UCD have apparently agreed to postpone the cup game, BUT the FAI want the game played on Wednesday as planned :rolleyes:

There is also talk of City vs Waaherfurh to be moved to Saturday, butt hat seems pointless as there will only be 2 days between that and the Drogs away Monday.

Ruairi
25/07/2004, 6:32 PM
City and UCD have apparently agreed to postpone the cup game, BUT the FAI want the game played on Wednesday as planned :rolleyes:

There is also talk of City vs Waaherfurh to be moved to Saturday, butt hat seems pointless as there will only be 2 days between that and the Drogs away Monday.

here we go with the fixture congestion..... victims of our own success.... we'll have to get used to it lads

Schumi
26/07/2004, 3:01 PM
Cup game is still on Wednesday according to UCD

max power
26/07/2004, 3:05 PM
here we go with the fixture congestion..... victims of our own success.... we'll have to get used to it lads

famous last words, i really have noticed the cork ego grow and grow even more over the last week. natural with recent events, but i hope you have a parachute to ease the fall when you come back down to earth......

Ruairi
26/07/2004, 3:08 PM
Nothing at all to do with "the cork ego" max, just stating facts that by playing in europe for the last 6 weekends instead of in the eL we have a bit of a fixture pile up.

and as for watching the cork ego "grow", i haven't seen much (if any) boasting, bragging or nose rubbing on these boards.

max power
26/07/2004, 3:09 PM
oh sorry i suppose an ego is a normal thing in the republic of cork, isn't it ;)

Ruairi
26/07/2004, 3:10 PM
oh sorry i suppose an ego is a normal thing in the republic of cork, isn't it ;)

well, a corkman with an inferiority complex thinks he's the same as everyone else, so...

max power
26/07/2004, 3:11 PM
ah by i'm for the outside lookin it, a bit like the truman show you might say...

Colm
26/07/2004, 3:12 PM
and as for watching the cork ego "grow", i haven't seen much (if any) boasting, bragging or nose rubbing on these boards.

We better fix that so!
City are the best, everyone else is sh!t!

Ruairi
26/07/2004, 3:13 PM
We better fix that so!
City are the best, everyone else is sh!t!

Way to undermine my point there Colm!

LOL

patsh
26/07/2004, 4:27 PM
Any news on the cup game yet?

niamh
26/07/2004, 5:17 PM
According to the official website, the Waterford game is being postponed and the Cup game is going ahead on Wednesday evening.

www.corkcityfc.ie

thecorner
26/07/2004, 6:12 PM
According to the official website, the Waterford game is being postponed and the Cup game is going ahead on Wednesday evening.

www.corkcityfc.ie

where :confused: :confused:

ConfusedBlue
26/07/2004, 8:39 PM
According to WLR fm sports news this evening our league game with ye is off friday evening.Personally speaking I'm delighted its off as we would potentially be missing half of the 1st team through suspensions & injuries.Connor,Clifford,Frost,Reynolds and Sullivan may allof been out for the game.I was beginning to think ye may actually of had a chance of breaking the hoodoo we have over ye!!!
P.S Fair play to ye for yere performance in the Intertoto,ye did the country proud!!!!!!
:confused:

tiktok
26/07/2004, 9:05 PM
Could have been a good time to play us too though blue depending on whether we have a Euro hangover, and Danny M, George and Murray (I think) would all have been out.

UCD game is on in Belfield.

Eric
27/07/2004, 12:44 PM
and Danny M, George and Murray (I think) would all have been out.

UCD game is on in Belfield.

They are out for the game against UCD and will be available for the game friday night

Peadar
27/07/2004, 12:48 PM
They are out for the game against UCD and will be available for the game friday night

I thought they were league suspensions as a result of getting too many points? Does that affect the cup?

thecorner
27/07/2004, 12:50 PM
says on the echo that its danny murray,dan murphy and doyler

and eric,its friday night they are out

Gary
27/07/2004, 12:57 PM
Both teams will be somewhat understrength for the game friday so, as Waaherfurh are missing a big bunch, incl Frost, Clifford and Reynolds.

I am very surprised that Doyle is suspended. I cant remember ever seeing him get booked apart from nantes.

Eric
27/07/2004, 12:58 PM
says on the echo that its danny murray,dan murphy and doyler

and eric,its friday night they are out

Just going by what I heard on the 2fm news, says they'll be out tomorrow night and available for Friday night

sullanefc
27/07/2004, 1:25 PM
It would be so much better if they were suspended for the UCD game. We need all hands on deck for the Waterford game.

Peadar
27/07/2004, 2:01 PM
http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=13238&viewstory=yes

and

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=13300&viewstory=yes

They'll miss the UCD game so then.
That settles that.

thecorner
27/07/2004, 2:44 PM
great news if this is the case

need a a full team vs the waaaaaaaherfur

niamh
27/07/2004, 2:46 PM
Tough times ahead.

Éanna
27/07/2004, 7:02 PM
thats fine so. play squad players against the poxy student menace and have a full-strength team out against a depleted waherfur side. sounds fine to me

tiktok
27/07/2004, 8:05 PM
I thought suspensions stayed within the same competition??
How did Jason Byrne play against Harps so? :confused:

oh hang on, It's just come to me :rolleyes: